AR Newbie Registered Member digitalmind's Avatar

Hooray, yet another new member.

Well, just signed up. Wanted to do a search, but then the forum told me to go introduce myself, that was a nice trick.

Anyways, my first post might just as well be my first misplaced post, as I can't find the Introductions forum that it tells me to post in. Either I'm going blind (which I don't hope), or the message is doing so.

So. Who am I, and what am I doing here? I came here through Head-Fi, after getting slightly bored of headphones and getting more and more interested in speakers. So much for my wallet, ouch. I'll listen to anything from rock to electronic music, except for R&B/hip hop. Mainly interested in electronic music, but slowly turning to rock aswell.

I guess that's all I have to say -- atleast now I can use the darn search engine.

Great forum, will stick around!

Rik

edit: On second thoughts, the search still doesn't work. Is there a minimum required post count for it, or?

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

Welcome to the forum

I'm sure you will enjoy your new home. You'll find the sight to be populated by a host of knowledgable folks willing to share their experiences. Most of the time we're fairly civil as well. As for the search engine, give it a few minutes. My experience was that it took a good minute or ten for the system to register and recognize.
    Enjoy your time here...

Cheers and good listening

Welcome to this Nuthouse
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Welcome to AR! Lurk, contribute, have fun!

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Welcome to AR. I think Florian said it best.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Yeah...

...welcome...now don't let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out...

You'll find the sight to be populated by a host of knowledgable folks willing to share their experiences....r-i-i-i-ght...

Substitute somewhere in there highly opinionated and add anecdotal and it might come closer to the truth...just watch closely for a while and you'll see what I mean...it will take that while to learn how to separate the wheat from the chaff...

jimHJJ(...but it can be quite entertaining at times...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

AR Newbie Registered Member digitalmind's Avatar
    Seems like one crazy bunch here, I feel at home allready.

I figured out why the search function hates me, I'm searching for the Kef IQ5, both terms 3 letters short, and so the search ignores them. Die, you silly function!

We're all Bozo's on this bus!
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalmind
    the forum told me to go introduce myself.

Great forum, will stick around!

Rik
    I guess there are worse things that the forum could have told you to do!

Hey Rik, welcome. AR is a great place to hang about. Lots of friendly people here and lots of great forums on all sorts of topics. Make yourself comfortable, you may be here a while. Enjoy!

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Welcome!

This is a great place, but you'll find that at times things here can take forever to load. I haven't used the search feature in a while but if memory serves you get much faster results by limiting your search to a particular area or forum rather than searching the whole site.

Welcome to our nightmare. I'm sure you're gonna like it. I'm sure you're gonna feel right at home.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Thread Information