Yogi came back!

Printable View

• 10-17-2006, 05:04 AM
    GMichael
    Yogi came back!
    So today is Tuesday. Tuesday is garbage day here on my street. Apparently, Yogi has the schedule. I didn't put it out the night before, the way we always did back in good old NY. I waited till this morning. Everyone else's can's were out so it looked like the coast was clear. At 6:45 I put my can on the road. By 7:00 I'm watching Yogi ripping the lid off. Now, I wasn't just looking out the window for no reason. Wifey was leaving for work and I thought I'd give her a last minute wave. But when I saw Yogi, I figured, maybe I should get her back in the house. So I run down the stairs & out into the garage. She's half way out the door at this point. I'm yelling to her to come back in, but she has the radio too loud (should have never upgraded her system). I manage to get her attention but she just keeps asking me what I want. She's still half way out the garage. I can see the bear about 20 feet behind her going through our garbage. The door is wide open and I'm yelling my head off for her to come back.

D'm wildlife!

Take me back to the city!
  • 10-17-2006, 05:08 AM
    kexodusc
    ROFLMAO !!!

GM- thought we told you already - ya shouldn't feed those things...
  • 10-17-2006, 05:19 AM
    GMichael
    There was a whole row of cans out there. Did he touch them? Nooooooooo.... He likes the new can. Hope he got a mouth full of coffee grinds! At one point he was in the woods pulling things out of the bag that he ran off with. He'd take a sniff & a bite then pull something else out. Then he tried something and got up shaking his head. Then he kicked the bag and walked away. Was funny as h.ll.

There, take that Yogi. Hope it takes you all day to get that taste out of your mouth.
  • 10-17-2006, 05:20 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Pictures! Did you get pictures?

Oh, and congratulations on finally moving into the new house (I think).
  • 10-17-2006, 05:23 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GMichael
    There was a whole row of cans out there. Did he touch them? Nooooooooo.... He likes the new can. Hope he got a mouth full of coffee grinds! At one point he was in the woods pulling things out of the bag that he ran off with. He'd take a sniff & a bite then pull something else out. Then he tried something and got up shaking his head. Then he kicked the bag and walked away. Was funny as h.ll.

There, take that Yogi. Hope it takes you all day to get that taste out of your mouth.

We have friends who had a really bad problem with Racoons tearing into their garbage. They read somewhere that animals don't like the smell of amonia, so every week they pour just a little bit of bleach into their garbage can and it works like a charm. The Racoons don't come back anymore. I don't know if this will work on bears, but it's worth trying.
  • 10-17-2006, 05:29 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    We have friends who had a really bad problem with Racoons tearing into their garbage. They read somewhere that animals don't like the smell of amonia, so every week they pour just a little bit of bleach into their garbage can and it works like a charm. The Racoons don't come back anymore. I don't know if this will work on bears, but it's worth trying.

Huh? They don't like amonia so I should use bleach? Are you blond?:ciappa:
  • 10-17-2006, 05:32 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Pictures! Did you get pictures?

Oh, and congratulations on finally moving into the new house (I think).

Sorry, no pics again. I'll try to remember next time.

Thanks. Coming for the party?:16: :5:
  • 10-17-2006, 06:00 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Huh? They don't like amonia so I should use bleach? Are you blond?:ciappa:

A Redhead actually. :) Doesn't bleach smell like amonia? I don't know, I don't use either. They put something in their garbage. I can ask them exactly what it is, if you want to know. :confused5:
  • 10-17-2006, 06:49 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

A Redhead actually. :)

Points! You just earned extra points! :ihih:

I'll just Google "how to keep bears away"

Thanks though. (and don't mix the amonia with the bleach. You and the bear will both be asleep in a NY minute.:sleep:
  • 10-17-2006, 07:11 AM
    L.J.
    I had a similar problem with dogs going through the garbage. The amonia took care of that problem the first night I put it out. Never came back after that.

GM how you like your projectors? 106" & 92", you lucky dog!
  • 10-17-2006, 07:39 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by L.J.
    I had a similar problem with dogs going through the garbage. The amonia took care of that problem the first night I put it out. Never came back after that.

GM how you like your projectors? 106" & 92", you lucky dog!

Been reading up. It looks like ammonia and fabric softeners are the two top anti-bear aromas. I'll have to stock up on both.

I'm loving the projectors. The screen for the living room is not up yet but the bedroom system is complete. It's very nice. Even wifey can't wipe the smile off her face. The drawback is that there's been a work slow down at my house now. (partially why the living room screen isn't done yet) But I can't get the Jets or Giants in HD, only std. The HD sports channel thinks I like Philly & Pittsburgh. Grrr....
  • 10-17-2006, 12:29 PM
    Dusty Chalk
    Hot peppers work, too -- if you want to be a little more "natural".
    Quote:

So today is Tuesday. Tuesday is garbage day here on my street. Apparently, Yogi has the schedule. I didn't put it out the night before, the way we always did back in good old NY. I waited till this morning. Everyone else's can's were out so it looked like the coast was clear. At 6:45 I put my can on the road. By 7:00 I'm watching Yogi ripping the lid off. Now, I wasn't just looking out the window for no reason. Wifey was leaving for work and I thought I'd give her a last minute wave. But when I saw Yogi, I figured, maybe I should get her back in the house. So I run down the stairs & out into the garage. She's half way out the door at this point. I'm yelling to her to come back in, but she has the radio too loud (should have never upgraded her system). I manage to get her attention but she just keeps asking me what I want. She's still half way out the garage. I can see the bear about 20 feet behind her going through our garbage. The door is wide open and I'm yelling my head off for her to come back.

So you're looking for advice on the best way to clean car seats, is that it?
  • 10-17-2006, 02:00 PM
    dean_martin
    Quote:

Sorry, no pics again. I'll try to remember next time.

Yes, I'm with FA. We want pics! How's about a close up or 2?
  • 10-19-2006, 05:55 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    Hot peppers work, too -- if you want to be a little more "natural".So you're looking for advice on the best way to clean car seats, is that it?

Do they have bears in Mexico? What if he likes them?
  • 10-19-2006, 05:56 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dean_martin
    Yes, I'm with FA. We want pics! How's about a close up or 2?

I did take the camera out of my car and left it near the window for next time.
  • 10-19-2006, 03:24 PM
    Dusty Chalk
    Quote:

Do they have bears in Mexico?

No. See? It works.
    Quote:

What if he likes them?

Then make sure to have plenty onhand, and feed him regularly, and FAR AWAY FROM THE HOUSE.

Or you can jack it up a notch to one of these. The more scoville units, the better. He'll be in search of the nearest watering hole in seconds.
  • 10-20-2006, 06:21 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    No. See? It works.Then make sure to have plenty onhand, and feed him regularly, and FAR AWAY FROM THE HOUSE.

Or you can jack it up a notch to one of these. The more scoville units, the better. He'll be in search of the nearest watering hole in seconds.

Put me down for a couple of bottles of the Magma Hot Sauce.
    Will this stuff melt my can?
    What is a scoville unit? And will 1,000,000 scoville units heat my house for me?
  • 10-20-2006, 08:14 AM
    basite
    poor guy, having to live with bears and stuff...
    maybe the bear is just testing you???

or maybe not,
    and he's just waiting for you to come out so he can use you as some kind of a 'toy'...

nah, just trying to scare you, most likely the bear is just exploring the new things around his neighbourhood, and most likely, he'll walk past your house next time... hopefully

Greetz,
    Basite
  • 10-20-2006, 08:25 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by basite
    poor guy, having to live with bears and stuff...
    maybe the bear is just testing you???

or maybe not,
    and he's just waiting for you to come out so he can use you as some kind of a 'toy'...

nah, just trying to scare you, most likely the bear is just exploring the new things around his neighbourhood, and most likely, he'll walk past your house next time... hopefully

Greetz,
    Basite

Soon it will be nappy-time for the bears.

He runs when I open the door upstairs to yell at him.
  • 10-20-2006, 10:05 AM
    topspeed
    Quote:

Put me down for a couple of bottles of the Magma Hot Sauce.
    Will this stuff melt my can?

Which can are we talking about?

Oh, wait.

(In my best Rosanna Rosanna Dana voice)
    Nevermind.