Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

The worst Secret Santa gift ever...

Do you guys do Secret Santa gift exchanges at work or anywhere else?

My husband's curling league had a Christmas party on Sunday and they played that dumb game where everyone brings a gift and then they draw numbers. The first person picks a gift and opens it. The next person can steal that gift or open a new one, etc. So Hubby had a nice Best Buy gift card that was stolen from him. He got to pick a new gift and it was....

...a Justin Bieber doll! If you press his belly button, he sings! OMFG! What a crappy gift. Needless to say, nobody stole that one from him.

Well, I guess the good news is that we don't have to buy a gift for a children's charity this year. Hopefully, some lucky little girl or boy will be just thrilled with this doll.

What's the worst gift you've ever received?

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Can't top the JB doll, but I did get a nice package of quality archival paper for my printer from a relative once.

My worst gift was a tie when I was working as a driver for an autoparts store. But I did see a gift given in poor taste one year. We have a Secret Santa thing here each season. A little different than your hubby's though. Everyone pulls a name out of a hat and then buys that person a secret gift. One year, this one guy who was about 400 pounds and smelled like he didn’t shower much received a bar of soap with a set of instructions. I do not know who gave it to him, but it seemed pretty rude. There are other ways to tell peope these things if it bothered them.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Charm Thai™
    The worst gift I ever received was a set of 6 little Hawaiian wooden drink coasters shaped like pineapple's.

Definitely doesn't top the JB doll either but not as rough as the bar of soap lol!

I got a bible and a picture of a white Jesus once. That was pretty lame.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I hate gift exchanges. In work situations I was usually the only one to receive a gag gift. Yes the gift would gag. Then one year I was talked into yet one more party and gift exchange. I was handed a gift in a cylindrical package. Oh not again I thought as I opened it. Much to my surprise it was a nice bottle of wine. The woman said she knew I liked wine and had her son who was knowledgeable pick out the bottle. I was so pleased and relieved that I teared up a little. Oh and the previous rude people never bought the batteries.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    I got a bible and a picture of a white Jesus once. That was pretty lame.
    LOL!!! your . . .haha. . . description of . . .haha . . . the picture . . . bwaaaaaaaa!!!

here are some responses, none of which are delivered in the spirit of Christmas:

Is there any other kind?
    Don't you love Jesus?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Oh and the previous rude people never bought the batteries.
    I guess that I shouldn't ask what size batteries they needed huh?

AAA
    AA
    C
    ?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    LOL!!! your . . .haha. . . description of . . .haha . . . the picture . . . bwaaaaaaaa!!!

here are some responses, none of which are delivered in the spirit of Christmas:

Is there any other kind?
    Don't you love Jesus?
    Two things - and I hope this doesn't derail the thread:

1) If there was a Jesus - he probably didn't have paste white skin color.
    2) Most of Jesus's teachings are fine, it is (most of) his followers and the church that I have issues with.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    Two things - and I hope this doesn't derail the thread:

1) If there was a Jesus - he probably didn't have paste white skin color.
    2) Most of Jesus's teachings are fine, it is (most of) his followers and the church that I have issues with.
    I tried to keep it light but I couldn't resist responding in the manner in which I envisioned some would.

On to crappy presents! I used to have a large collection of Old Spice gift packs stored in a bathroom closet. I received everyone of them from the same aunt at Christmas for many years in a row.

I tried to keep it light but I couldn't resist responding in the manner in which I envisioned some would.

On to crappy presents! I used to have a large collection of Old Spice gift packs stored in a bathroom closet. I received everyone of them from the same aunt at Christmas for many years in a row.
    My sister gives me the same plastic Harley mug that rumbles when you pull the handle. I have 5 or 6 now.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    My sister gives me the same plastic Harley mug that rumbles when you pull the handle. I have 5 or 6 now.
    Is she waiting until you have service for 12?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Oh and the previous rude people never bought the batteries.
    That is rude!

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    That is rude!

Luckily I had an extra car battery to jump start them.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

My wife just accused me today of using her special soup from Japan that is very expensive - which apparently smells a lot like my Old Spice. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Is she waiting until you have service for 12?
    Actually she stopped giving me anything a couple of years back.
    My wife still insists that we get her, her two kids, and one grand child something every year.
    Tiss the season and all.

Thread Information