• 12-07-2010, 09:36 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    The worst Secret Santa gift ever...
    Do you guys do Secret Santa gift exchanges at work or anywhere else?

My husband's curling league had a Christmas party on Sunday and they played that dumb game where everyone brings a gift and then they draw numbers. The first person picks a gift and opens it. The next person can steal that gift or open a new one, etc. So Hubby had a nice Best Buy gift card that was stolen from him. He got to pick a new gift and it was....

:7:

...a Justin Bieber doll! If you press his belly button, he sings! OMFG! What a crappy gift. Needless to say, nobody stole that one from him. :mad5:

Well, I guess the good news is that we don't have to buy a gift for a children's charity this year. Hopefully, some lucky little girl or boy will be just thrilled with this doll.

What's the worst gift you've ever received?
  • 12-07-2010, 10:02 AM
    kexodusc
    Can't top the JB doll, but I did get a nice package of quality archival paper for my printer from a relative once.
  • 12-07-2010, 11:17 AM
    GMichael
    My worst gift was a tie when I was working as a driver for an autoparts store. But I did see a gift given in poor taste one year. We have a Secret Santa thing here each season. A little different than your hubby's though. Everyone pulls a name out of a hat and then buys that person a secret gift. One year, this one guy who was about 400 pounds and smelled like he didn’t shower much received a bar of soap with a set of instructions. I do not know who gave it to him, but it seemed pretty rude. There are other ways to tell peope these things if it bothered them.
  • 12-07-2010, 12:14 PM
    TheHills44060
    The worst gift I ever received was a set of 6 little Hawaiian wooden drink coasters shaped like pineapple's.

Definitely doesn't top the JB doll either but not as rough as the bar of soap lol!
  • 12-07-2010, 12:14 PM
    atomicAdam
    I got a bible and a picture of a white Jesus once. That was pretty lame.
  • 12-07-2010, 12:53 PM
    JohnMichael
    I hate gift exchanges. In work situations I was usually the only one to receive a gag gift. Yes the gift would gag. Then one year I was talked into yet one more party and gift exchange. I was handed a gift in a cylindrical package. Oh not again I thought as I opened it. Much to my surprise it was a nice bottle of wine. The woman said she knew I liked wine and had her son who was knowledgeable pick out the bottle. I was so pleased and relieved that I teared up a little. Oh and the previous rude people never bought the batteries.
  • 12-07-2010, 01:44 PM
    dean_martin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    I got a bible and a picture of a white Jesus once. That was pretty lame.

LOL!!! your . . .haha. . . description of . . .haha . . . the picture . . . bwaaaaaaaa!!!

here are some responses, none of which are delivered in the spirit of Christmas:

Is there any other kind?
    Don't you love Jesus?
  • 12-07-2010, 01:49 PM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Oh and the previous rude people never bought the batteries.

I guess that I shouldn't ask what size batteries they needed huh?:devil:

AAA
    AA
    C
    ?
  • 12-07-2010, 02:16 PM
    atomicAdam
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dean_martin
    LOL!!! your . . .haha. . . description of . . .haha . . . the picture . . . bwaaaaaaaa!!!

here are some responses, none of which are delivered in the spirit of Christmas:

Is there any other kind?
    Don't you love Jesus?

Two things - and I hope this doesn't derail the thread:

1) If there was a Jesus - he probably didn't have paste white skin color.
    2) Most of Jesus's teachings are fine, it is (most of) his followers and the church that I have issues with.
  • 12-07-2010, 02:29 PM
    dean_martin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    Two things - and I hope this doesn't derail the thread:

1) If there was a Jesus - he probably didn't have paste white skin color.
    2) Most of Jesus's teachings are fine, it is (most of) his followers and the church that I have issues with.

I tried to keep it light but I couldn't resist responding in the manner in which I envisioned some would.

On to crappy presents! I used to have a large collection of Old Spice gift packs stored in a bathroom closet. I received everyone of them from the same aunt at Christmas for many years in a row.
  • 12-07-2010, 02:38 PM
    GMichael
    Quote:

I tried to keep it light but I couldn't resist responding in the manner in which I envisioned some would.

On to crappy presents! I used to have a large collection of Old Spice gift packs stored in a bathroom closet. I received everyone of them from the same aunt at Christmas for many years in a row.

My sister gives me the same plastic Harley mug that rumbles when you pull the handle. I have 5 or 6 now.
  • 12-07-2010, 05:10 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GMichael
    My sister gives me the same plastic Harley mug that rumbles when you pull the handle. I have 5 or 6 now.

Is she waiting until you have service for 12?
  • 12-07-2010, 05:16 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Oh and the previous rude people never bought the batteries.

That is rude!
  • 12-07-2010, 06:46 PM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    That is rude!

Luckily I had an extra car battery to jump start them.
  • 12-07-2010, 07:33 PM
    atomicAdam
    Quote:

My wife just accused me today of using her special soup from Japan that is very expensive - which apparently smells a lot like my Old Spice. WTF?
  • 12-08-2010, 08:57 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Is she waiting until you have service for 12?

Actually she stopped giving me anything a couple of years back. :frown2:
    My wife still insists that we get her, her two kids, and one grand child something every year.:thumbsup:
    Tiss the season and all.