I'll Start
    Pontiac
    Ford

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VintageTurntable
    I'll Start
    Pontiac
    Ford

Did your Pinto breakdown? Seriously do you have anything to back up your statement? Broad statements with no facts or ideas are a waste of time.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Stupid thread. Ought to be deleted.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I'm on my fifth Ford (I lease and trade them in every 3 years). My husband drives a 2002 Ford pick-up truck and has never had any problems with it. We love Ford. Best value for the money IMO.

So how about a little backing up of your statement there. Why such a Ford hater?

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Fix or repair daily USED to be the motto given to Ford. That is not the case now as they have made tremendous strides in quality of the years.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I used to work in the industry - the Japanese manufacturer I worked for estimated that Ford and GM had pretty much matched their product quality as far back as 2000. But a decades old perception that the imports were better remains today, and that's all that's needed to charge a premium price. Took Toyota decades to build their rep for quality, and a few months to lose it. Funny, a lot of the problems being revealed now date back almost a decade - the problems were there, but the perception was different. Funny business.
    Honestly, these days, every manufacturer seems to have a few strong vehicles and a few weak vehicles. Hard for me to pick a favorite or least favorite brand for any reason. I agree, Ford has come a long way from the Tempo/Explorer years.

Forum Regular
    I'm mostly a Pontiac hater ratings don't seem very good & don't care for the style or design of their vehicles. the Sunfire is Tiny. I don't like their engines either. I am a huge fan of GM.

I'm mostly a Pontiac hater ratings don't seem very good & don't care for the style or design of their vehicles. the Sunfire is Tiny. I don't like their engines either. I am a huge fan of GM.
    That doesn't make them "the worst" companies. It doesn't even make them bad companies. It just makes them companies that you don't like. If you're going to make a claim about the worst companies then give me facts, not opinions.

I don't like GM's vehicles. But my opinion doesn't make them bad.

Forum Regular
    What facts? I also don't hate Ford that much it's just the style of the vehicles I don't care for. ratings are real good. Dodge just makes sharper looking Trucks.

What facts?
    Exactly.

Forum Regular
    Sunfires are really unsafe & just super Ugly. Even look at the ratings online. Pontiac even went bankrupt they're out of business.
    Last edited by VintageTurntable; 05-29-2010 at 08:13 AM.

Do you, by any chance, live in a group home?

Get back to us when you're old enough to get a drivers license.

Forum Regular
    Why do u say that?

Forum Regular
    IDK & whats it matter?

Because

Why do u say that?
    From your posts here you come off as an immature child, perhaps in junior high school.

This is the Internet. Age is not a factor here.We can't tell by looking at someone how old they are. We can just go by their posts, not the number of years they appear to have been on this earth,

Many young people have posted here and fit in well because they displayed the maturity needed to carry on a sensible conversation with people that share the same hobby. One of those actually tried to wise you up in another thread, but it didn't seem to have any affect.

"Dodge just makes sharper looking Trucks." and "Sunfires are really unsafe & just super Ugly" sounds like a little kid's reasons for liking or disliking a car brand. Besides, Pontiac stopped making Sunfires in 2005.

Forum Regular
    I'm mature thats why I got rid of my Soundesign Stereo System & bought a Kenwood cause I knew the soundesign was garbadge & for little kids. Plus I bought myself a Yamaha Home Theater Receiver. BTW the Pontiacs have really good stereo systems Monsoon is the brand name.

Forum Regular
    Even my Stereo Speakers are TOTL!!!

Forum Regular
    Also please quit knockin my Stereo System I'm not an Audiophile & Kenwood is a good brand.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Also please quit knockin my Stereo System I'm not an Audiophile & Kenwood is a good brand.

Time for three days off in the quiet room.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

After his last three posts, I honestly believe this guy's a troll, and a pretty good one at that. Nobody could be that dense and still tie his own shoelaces.

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Time for three days off in the quiet room.

Good call John. Nobody made mention of his system or Kenwood making this guy a troll extraordinaire. Besides 3 days of not having to think about Kenwood can't be a bad thing.

Aw, just when I was going to ask him whether he has any GooGoo Dolls comps or likes Dinosaurs.

Suspended
    I just saw this thread. FA, I lost it on the group home comment.

Any way here's some facts. I've had my Chrysler Town & Country for over 5 years. It developed and issue around the first of the year. I became unhappy with the service department at the dealer where I bought it and took it to another. The prior dealer fixed something and the problem popped up again. The second dealer fixed that probelm and charged me for brakes that supposedly needed replaced and did some type of recall fix that was covered by warranty. I left there about $700.00 lighter. Not 60 days later a new problem cropped up. I took it back to that same dealer they supposedly fixed a sensor and something else to the tune of another $700.00 or so. After a week or so it still wasn't running right, it had sort of an occasional sputter. The dealer said it needed plugs and the bad sensor probably messed them up. A sign on the wall was advertising a 4 cylinder tune up for like $68.00 and this butt wipe wanted to charge my wife over $300.00 for our 6 cylinder. Wifey applying some reasonable deduction told him to shove it. Well wifey figures out, oh, it's nearly 5/31 and lincense plates are due. We need an inspection. So for what ever reason I'll never know she takes the van back to the original dealer who fails the inspection tells her we are leaking power steering fluid and they need to replace a gasket to the tune of $1100.00. Luckily for our marriage she paid the inspection fee and left. We took it to an independent for another opinion, he passed the van and fixed a hose to the steering for $176.00. I will never buy another Chrysler nor will I ever go to their service department. Since two different dealerships service department ripped me and/or attempted rip off I have to wonder if this isn't some kind of business practice throughout Chrysler. Additional facts, the van has under 50k miles on it. It shouldn't be having these major issues, a tune up wasn't even due until 70k. Also, I never had a big issue with the van until taking to the dealer.

Thread Information