Who's on Google+

Printable View

• 07-21-2011, 02:00 PM
    kexodusc
    Who's on Google+
    Any of you social media buffs out there on Google+ yet? Do we have an AR.com circle I don't know about?
  • 07-21-2011, 02:14 PM
    markw
    What the hell IS Google+. Google sent me an email saying a friend suggested I join but, I dunno... I've gotten "strange" email from "friends" before so I tend to be overly cautious.

Oh, I am on faacebook and so is my friend. It seems that facebook isn't immune from being mined though.
  • 07-21-2011, 02:20 PM
    atomicAdam
    We are setting up Google+ on the site right now - currently it is only on reviews.audioreview.com.

Google+ works with Google Circles (i think that is the name) - an invite only for the time being - facebook type thing that allows you to make list of friends and post to those list. FB is completely open - where as Google Circles will make sure your work list doesn't see what your family list sees.

The Google+ works with this in that when you +1 something your friends see that.

Google will most likely be using this as a way to filter search results.

So help AudioReview - +1 AudioReview search results in Google.

As in - Go to Google - search for AudioReview. +1 it. You don't have to sign up for the Google+ account if you don't want to - it should take the +1s.

Or use this link: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=audioreview
    (Never mind the sarcasm in this link - though you can use it for folks in the future - but this is a super small link for the AudioReview search result on Google.)

Thanks!
  • 07-21-2011, 02:43 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    A friend of mine was supposed to send me an invitation to join, but I've yet to receive it. She going through a crazy time in her life though so I can't say that I'm surprised.
  • 07-21-2011, 02:43 PM
    Ajani
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kexodusc View Post
    Any of you social media buffs out there on Google+ yet? Do we have an AR.com circle I don't know about?

Been using Google+ for about 2 weeks and loving it...

The best thing about it is Circles - so unlike Facebook, I could care less who I add as I can choose exactly what I want to share with different groups of people...

Any of my fellow AR members who need an invite can just send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll add you...
  • 07-21-2011, 03:10 PM
    JohnMichael
    OMG I have barely figured out facebook and now there is something new.
  • 07-21-2011, 03:22 PM
    atomicAdam
    Yep - Google is going to loose the social media and that time in front of the site war to FB if they don't start with something now. But it better be f'ing awesome if it is going to take away from FB.

JM - hit me up on FB: http://www.facebook.com/adamlabarge
  • 07-21-2011, 03:31 PM
    kexodusc
    Yep...Google+ is like Facebook for grownups IMO. Much more control over who sees what. Don't think it'll topple Facebook, don't think Google cares if it does. Plenty of room for both.

If anyone wants an invite, send me a PM with an email address.
  • 07-21-2011, 03:32 PM
    kexodusc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajani View Post
    Been using Google+ for about 2 weeks and loving it...

The best thing about it is Circles - so unlike Facebook, I could care less who I add as I can choose exactly what I want to share with different groups of people...

Any of my fellow AR members who need an invite can just send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll add you...

Or PM Ajani who beat me to it! :smilewinkgrin:
  • 07-21-2011, 03:40 PM
    kexodusc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicAdam View Post
    We are setting up Google+ on the site right now - currently it is only on reviews.audioreview.com.

Google+ works with Google Circles (i think that is the name) - an invite only for the time being - facebook type thing that allows you to make list of friends and post to those list. FB is completely open - where as Google Circles will make sure your work list doesn't see what your family list sees.

The Google+ works with this in that when you +1 something your friends see that.

Google will most likely be using this as a way to filter search results.

So help AudioReview - +1 AudioReview search results in Google.

As in - Go to Google - search for AudioReview. +1 it. You don't have to sign up for the Google+ account if you don't want to - it should take the +1s.

Or use this link: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=audioreview
    (Never mind the sarcasm in this link - though you can use it for folks in the future - but this is a super small link for the AudioReview search result on Google.)

Thanks!

+1 'd dude.
  • 07-21-2011, 04:31 PM
    bobsticks
    Yeah, because with Google's track record of respect for privacy I can't recommend that for anyone...especially me.

I bet it's hot though. There's a huge level of discontentment on the streets for FB.
  • 07-21-2011, 05:11 PM
    kexodusc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsticks View Post
    Yeah, because with Google's track record of respect for privacy I can't recommend that for anyone...especially me.

I bet it's hot though. There's a huge level of discontentment on the streets for FB.

Ha. Good reminder of the risks. Between my ipad, phones, IE, Safari, Facebook, etc, I'm pretty sure most governments and corporations know my favorite cereal and what stall I use at work by now.

That's why the internet me is much more exciting than the unremarkable real me.
  • 07-21-2011, 08:23 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    If anyone here wants to friend me on FB, send me PM and I'll send you instructions. :)