Thread: Dentist Visit

Dentist Visit

48 hours to go and I have my 6 monthly check up. Boy, my palms are sweating already. I hate the dentist. Had a really bad experience some years back and it still affects me today.
    Maybe I should cancel the appointment.
    And if I do that toothache will surely start. Damn.

Anybody else is not too keen on visiting the tooth doctor?

Peace

Bernd
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I am such a phobic when it comes to a dentist. A friend was talking about what she needed to have done and I began to perspire just hearing about it. Nothing scares me like the thought of visiting a dentist. I would be more calm riding in a crashing plane. If they would put me out completely I would be okay. This goes for the dental cleaning and exams. I have never had a bad experience but this phobia has developed as I have aged. Of course I am also afraid of the bill.

Bernd now I am nervous and sweating.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I never understood the phobia of dentists and I've had lots of painful work done to my teeth over the years. I might be afraid of the pain, but I don't fear going to the dentist. In fact, I have my teeth cleaned every four months.

But then again, I'm the girl who breaks out into a cold sweat and has an anxiety attack if I even think that I might have seen a spider out of the corner of my eye. So you won't find me criticizing your fears.

Bernd, even though your appointment might be unpleasant, don't cancel it. Ignoring your teeth will only make things worse and lead to even worse experiences in the long run. If you're really having trouble with this, you may want to consider taking a mild tranquilizer before you go. I used to have a fear of flying and taking a tranquilizer before I had to go to the airport really helped.

I hate going to the dentist too. That ultrasonic thingy that they do is like nails on a chalkboard to me. But it's in my mouth so it's 20 times worse. But don't cancel. It just gets worse, not better. Try to think of something else for the next couple of days. And don't break the arms off the chair while you're there.

Hey Autumn, is that a spider in your hair?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Thanks Guys.
    It isn't so much a phobia, more like the fear of the unknown. Is it going to be a bad one or an ok visit. The last few times was no problem.
    I will try and keep arm rests in good working order when I am in the chair. I think I will indulge in calm inducing potions after the visit.

Peace

Bernd

Going to the dentist for me is not fun by any means, but its just one of those hygine
    and health issues we can't get around, along with the yearly phys. As long as the
    needle stays put, I'm ok. Lucky for me I have'nt had any work done for awhile, and
    like FA, I get a cleaning every 4 months. Keep the appointment, You'll be glad you
    did.
    Sunfire TGP-5 Pre/Pro
    Carver A760-x
    Carver TFM25
    Carver TFM15 x 2
    Sunfire Signature "True Sub"
    JBL Studio L890(Front)
    JBL Studio L830(Rear)
    Infinity PC350(Center)
    Oppo Digital 983H
    Panasonic Viera TH-46PZ85U
    Panasonic DMP-BD50 Blu-ray Player
    Power Protection/Filters-Monster HTS 5100 MKII
    Canare Interconnects

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Hey Autumn, is that a spider in your hair?
    Get it out!

GET IT OUT!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Get it out!

GET IT OUT!!!!!!!!!
    Hold still. Your moving around too much.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Yipeeeeehhhhh!

Nothing needed doing. Tooth doctor said everything looks how it should be. Then spent a pleasant 20 min with a very nice Hygienist. Teeth are sparkling.

Peace

Bernd

Quote Originally Posted by Bernd
    Yipeeeeehhhhh!

Nothing needed doing. Tooth doctor said everything looks how it should be. Then spent a pleasant 20 min with a very nice Hygienist. Teeth are sparkling.

Peace

Bernd
    Congratulations Bernd. Now remember to floss every day and all of your check-ups should be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Congratulations Bernd. Now remember to floss every day and all of your check-ups should be that way.

Yes Mum!

Quote Originally Posted by Bernd
    Yipeeeeehhhhh!

Peace

Bernd
    Attaway Bernd. Good job on those toofers.

Way to go Bezzy.
    I LOVE going to the dentist. I just cant get enough of that scene that leaks all over the complex. As long as female hygenists do not take their masks off, they all look extremly hot for me. Also, I get the feeling of being tied down to the chair which pumps up my adrenaline. It's very thrilling for me to trust semi-strangers with potentially lethal instruments. My next love is when they are cleaning my teeth. I guess I love that part because it is always followed by that metal suction tube. That damn thing always makes me giggle like a kid at a candy store. If I had that equipment, I'll be sucking on to it all day with a huge jug of water.
    I'm not trying to freak anyone out with my post here, it's just that I really enjoy my visits.
    My last reason why I love dentist is that, when they are grinding on my teeth, I REALLY wish they would apply much more pressure. That process basically massages my area from neck and up. Now when grinding really hurts my tooth, I really have to embrace my pain. After 5+ minutes of that torture, endorphin is being spread all over my body. How could anyone not love the endorphin rush? It's even better when they prescribe me with heavy pain killers. Talk about doubling your pleasure.
    Also when I got my wisdom tooth taking out 12 years ago, I was put under the influence of gas. I kinda remeber trying to fight as much as I can, and trying to walk out once I regained my consciousness. I thought that was REALLY fun, and on the way home I could stop laughing at my moms face. She didnt think it was funny, but boy I was having a great time.

Well, I think I'll brush and flose my teeth now. Good night.\
    -JRA

Thread Information