• 06-01-2012, 05:33 AM
    Worf101
    When Dr. Seuss Went to War!!!
    Little known side to our lovable seller of silly rhymes for kids. At one time he was a well known political cartoonist who did NOT pull punches. Some of these are pretty rugged and very reflective of the times. I never knew this about the man and most of his stuff hasn't been seen in half a century. Surprised McCarthy never went after him but he might have.

Dr. Seuss World War II Cartoons Reflect Author's Politics And Imagination (PHOTOS)

Worf
  • 06-01-2012, 06:05 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    That's very interesting. I don't have time scroll through them while I'm at work. I just looked at the first four, but you can definately see his style of drawing characters in these works.

Hanna-Barbera was also notable for the cartoons that they created during this era, including several Bugs Bunny cartoons that were banned. I remember seeing a cartoon that showed Daffy Duck as Hitler at an animation festival back in the days when I was into that sort of thing. It was never aired on public TV.
  • 06-01-2012, 07:44 AM
    bobsticks
    You characters can live in the past if'n yous wants to...me I look to the future...can't wait to say, "Beam me up, Worfster!"

Chinese Physicists Teleport Photons 60 Miles, Break Record | NewsFeed | TIME.com