Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

What's a "Reputation"?

I went in my User Control Panel this afternoon and found that I had a reputation (who knew!?). It was awarded to me on April 13 at 4:57pm. I have 11 points. It appears to be due to the Rave Recs thread about our Top 10 Desert Island albums.

So what does this mean? Are these 11 points good or bad? Can I buy stuff with them? When did we start rating each other's reputations?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I went in my User Control Panel this afternoon and found that I had a reputation (who knew!?). It was awarded to me on April 13 at 4:57pm. I have 11 points. It appears to be due to the Rave Recs thread about our Top 10 Desert Island albums.

So what does this mean? Are these 11 points good or bad? Can I buy stuff with them? When did we start rating each other's reputations?
    A reputation for girls is different than one for a guy. The double standards are in full play here. Although, these days it's reversed. A girl with (let's say) high mileage is worth more than one who's only been around the block once or twice.
    11 points are good. No, you can't buy anything with them. (NOT EVEN SHOES!) But you may be able to barter for more if you play your cards right.
    Just a few weeks ago. Ericl made note of it. You may have been out that day.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Hmmm, how do we see how many rep points we have? And how do i raise or lower it?
    A man's got nothin' without his rep....

Ha ha, I just gave you guys reputation points I think....you earned...from now on, every Lost thread post gets a point...unless there's too much talking and I get lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Hmmm, how do we see how many rep points we have? And how do i raise or lower it?
    A man's got nothin' without his rep....
    Click on user CP in the upper left.
    Then down to Latest Reputation Received.
    No way to change your own. You'll need someone to scratch your back for you.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Click on user CP in the upper left.
    Then down to Latest Reputation Received.
    No way to change your own. You'll need someone to scratch your back for you.
    Great, so a little bit of mutual masturbation will artificially inflate an arbitrary point scheme system that I can't even see? Sign me up buddy!

A reputation for girls is different than one for a guy. The double standards are in full play here. Although, these days it's reversed. A girl with (let's say) high mileage is worth more than one who's only been around the block once or twice.

11 points are good. No, you can't buy anything with them. (NOT EVEN SHOES!) But you may be able to barter for more if you play your cards right.
    Just a few weeks ago. Ericl made note of it. You may have been out that day.
    If I can't use these points to buy shoes (or, at least, an Audio Review T-shirt) then why do I care???

And there's a little blue box beside markw's comments. Does that mean that he gave me a bad reputation? Did I lose points (not that I care)?

How does the point system work? Earlier today I had one comment and 11 points. Now I have 4 comments and 27 points. The math doesn't work (unless markw took points away from me). Again...not that I care.

Where did Ericl make note of it? I missed it. Was it on this board or another? (I care about that 'cause I hate not knowing stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Great, so a little bit of mutual masturbation will artificially inflate an arbitrary point scheme system that I can't even see? Sign me up buddy!
    Can you guys take this to the other side of the beach please. I don't care if it's only artificially inflated...no-one here needs to see that.

No, I didn't give you a bad rep.

If I can't use these points to buy shoes (or, at least, an Audio Review T-shirt) then why do I care???

And there's a little blue box beside markw's comments. Does that mean that he gave me a bad reputation? Did I lose points (not that I care)?

How does the point system work? Earlier today I had one comment and 11 points. Now I have 4 comments and 27 points. The math doesn't work (unless markw took points away from me). Again...not that I care.

Where did Ericl make note of it? I missed it. Was it on this board or another? (I care about that 'cause I hate not knowing stuff).
    On other sites, they show up green for a good rep and red for a bad rep. That's the same here, but it seems that, for some reason, some "good" reps show up as grey.

Trust me, I didn't slam you. I gave you a good rep (clicked the "I approve" button) and a comment to welcome you. One of those 27 points is the one I gave you.

Quote Originally Posted by markw
    One of those 27 points is the one I gave you.
    The other 26 are all me....how's that for back scratchin?

On other sites, they show up green for a good rep and red for a bad rep. That's the same here, but it seems that, for some reason, some "good" reps show up as grey.

Trust me, I didn't slam you. I gave you a good rep (clicked the "I approve" button) and a comment to welcome you. One of those 27 points is the one I gave you.
    Thanks Mark. I didn't think that you would intentionally slam me, but didn't know why your's was the only one that wasn't green. The grey ones must be extra special.

Quote Originally Posted by Kex
    The other 26 are all me....how's that for back scratchin?
    Mmmmmm. A little to the left. That's it.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Where did Ericl make note of it?
    Here.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

It's not a "point per comment" system. Members with more posts, count higher than newbies. New members with less than some unknown number of posts can only leave grey dots.

Thanks guys.

I think it would be more fun if you could see who gave you the reputation (good or bad) without relying on the comments section. But then again....I could give you all bad reps and you wouldn't know it was me. teeheehee.

Thanks guys.

I think it would be more fun if you could see who gave you the reputation (good or bad) without relying on the comments section. But then again....I could give you all bad reps and you wouldn't know it was me. teeheehee.
    I would know. My ESP is tuned in very sharp today.

Hey! Put that finger DOWN!

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Thanks guys.

I think it's better that it's unknown. It could very quickly turn into a Simpson group-shock-therapy type brawl if we knew who gave out what.

"What, you gave me negative points? I'll show you. And you're friends, too, just for associating with you. And him, just because his name reminds me too much of yours."
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

How many post as does one need to turn that blue into green?

It's not a "point per comment" system. Members with more posts, count higher than newbies. New members with less than some unknown number of posts can only leave grey dots.
    Inquiring minds want to know...

Inquiring minds want to know...
    I didn't see that answer in the tutorial.

Linear Guy

careful FA.......

Can you guys take this to the other side of the beach please. I don't care if it's only artificially inflated...no-one here needs to see that.
    .........Some of the fellas here may actually use artificial inflation.

All I know is Joan Jett "don't give a damn 'bout her reputation."

Quote Originally Posted by daviethek
    .........Some of the fellas here may actually use artificial inflation.
    Please recommend me one that has a self-cleaning mode.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    Please recommend me one that has a self-cleaning mode.
    But what happens if you say, activate the cleaning mode while you're still using it?

But what happens if you say, activate the cleaning mode while you're still using it?
    Then I'll say:

"Listen here Wifey, could wait another 30 seconds?"

You guys do realize Forever Autumn is a lady, don't you?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    You guys do realize Forever Autumn is a lady, don't you?

She is a woman and I would have to meet her to determine if she was a lady.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information