Suspended

What to do in Ithica NY?

Going on a little finger lakes trip for our 25th anniversary in May.

We were going to stay at both Seneca Lake and Ithaca area but due to my recovery we are just going to stay at the William Henry Inn, first building designed by a Cornell Grad.

We have two days planned to drive over to the middle spot of Seneca to Wagner and a few wineries, then back along Cayuga Lake for several more. and also all the ones near Watkins Glen.

We have a day and a half and evenings to tool about in Ithaca. The Ithaca Brewery is one stop for sure, and the Chapter House which has only 49 taps, and popcorn only for food.
    http://www.chapterhouseithaca.com/

What other suggestions does anyone have to see, do, eat and drink in Ithaca?

I've been trying to plan a trip to Ithaca for some time now... My GF's old alma mater, Cornell being one of the reasons... But the progressive scene is another draw, no doubt... Would love to learn more about the area... I like the Ithaca Hours idea... That is, their take on the barter system... (m.)

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    It's been a while since I've been out that way but I remember enjoying the Mahogany Grill pretty well. That was in the area, over off of Seneca and near the golf course. That particular area has a variety of restaurants and clubs but everything was very college-oriented.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Forum Regular
    My brother-in-law once taught at Ithaca College and I love that town. The gorges are gorgeous - "High Above Cayuga's Waters....................hail all hail Cornell"

If the Rongovian Embassy is still there it's a memorable place to eat and drink. Bully Hill Winery in Hammondsport is a great near by destination. There's a very interesting story behind that winery.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Poultrygeist
    My brother-in-law once taught at Ithaca College and I love that town. The gorges are gorgeous - "High Above Cayuga's Waters....................hail all hail Cornell"

If the Rongovian Embassy is still there it's a memorable place to eat and drink. Bully Hill Winery in Hammondsport is a great near by destination. There's a very interesting story behind that winery.
    The Rongo is still there and it is inexpensive Mexican food. It happens to fit perfectly with one of our day trips for lunch in between Wagner on Seneca and Sheldrake Point on Cayuga.

Bully Hill is on the other side of Seneca and would have been great had we not switched the trip from a two stopper. We were going to stay in Watkins Glen also.

Thanks Geist, it's part of the trip for now.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    A romantic dinner at the Simply Red Bistro: http://www.simplyredbistro.com/

Thread Information