M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar

You East Coasters

I hope you all are safe, and keep yourselves safe throughout this storm. I hope you are heeding the warnings that are being given out to you.

Stay safe, stay dry.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    What Sir T said. I would like to add that many of us would appreciate it if you check in, if able, to let us know you are okay.

Stay safe everyone.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Suspended
    getting pretty windy outside of philly and raining, but not the inches we are supposed to get tonight, between 5 an 10 here.

When all of transportation including NewYork subways comes to a hault, I think there is room for concern. Let's hope everybody stay safe.

Southampton, New York

Forum Regular
    It getting pretty bad here in NYC. Light rain with wind gusting to 45 mph. The worst is on its way. Put every moveable object in the garage yesterday. Just pick up my wife from work (early day) in Manhattan and encounter lots of traffic driving home around LaGuardia Airport and Citifield. The wind seems to be in spurts.....calm for a few moments and picks up subsequently. Many small branch in my yard. Just have to wait it out and see what happens. Hope everbody else is safe

Suspended
    Looks like this site faired worse than the rest of us, can't keep it up for more than a few minutes.

I lost power for 12 hours and have a whole lot of cleanup to do but did not lose any trees, roof or siding like all my neighbors.

Scariest wind I ever witnessed for sure. Still lots of people without power in my area.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Please check in and post as you're able. Hope all is well.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    can't keep it up for more than a few minutes.
    TMI!

On a serious note...glad to hear that you're safe.

Well, wasn't THAT Special!!

Long nights in the SEMO (State Emergency Management Office) Bunker. Lots of devastation, I never lost power my about 2 million in my State did. Still could'a been a whole lot worse. We're above sea level unlike N.O. Things will take some time to get normalized. Don't know how in **** they're gonna run a marathon tomorrow. But, that's not my call. Those decisions are made above my pay grade. Still, thanks for love folks.

Dave

Romanticist Philosopher

I survived Sandy

Here in Bay Shore Long Island we lost power for just 2 days thankfully just getting it back tonight. My brother in Massapequa Park had a tree fall on his new house with some moderate damage and my cousin in Seaford had his basement flooded. I was lucky to live somewhat north of Montauk Highway. If you were south of that you were in the flood zone. It was scary but for those who lost everything it is tragic. I wrote this on Monday night to describe how I was feeling about the situation as it was unfolding.

In times like these

It's the stories people will tell

That will help others understand

What it was like

When Sandy changed their lives.....

A stormy night like this

There is no better time to reminisce

I used to love to see the power of nature

Now I just wish

It would would go away.....

Powerless, I just listen to the music

I've got nothing else to do by candlelight

The battery in my phone

It's all I got

And headphones.....

What will I see?

And what will I hear?

When I wake up tomorrow

Will the place I call home ever be the same?

What will be left of the beaches?

To live surrounded by water

And see water rise and recede from the beach

It's a lasting memory

Of a childhood for me

Now I see tragedy.....

Powerless, I just listen to the music.....
    I prefer my sex like my basketball, one on one, and with as little dribbling as possible.

Forum Regular
    We got thru the storm OK. No basement floods, no house damages but lots of debris, leaves, fallen branches and twigs. No outages but the light flicker many times during the storm. During clean up we had 8 huge bags of stuff from the storm. One tree got uprooted on my block. As far as I can see no house got damage during the storm.

The subway and bus system is very limited and the drive to Manhattan is very slow. My neighbor took four hours driving to Manhattan yesterday morning. My wife had a hotel room in midtown for a few nights paid by her company. The kids are off from school for the rest of the week. Many homes are still without electricity.

Driving around the neighborhood in northeastern Queens I saw many uprooted trees amd fallen telephone poles. House damage was very minimal.

Today the streets for the most part look pretty normal except for a few missing trees. Work crews are in many streets doing repairs and tree removal.
    Last edited by Mingus; 11-01-2012 at 07:29 AM.

Forum Regular
    A Nor'Easter will hit NJ and NY by Wednesday with winds up to 50mph and 2 to 4 inch of rainfall.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mingus View Post
    A Nor'Easter will hit NJ and NY by Wednesday with winds up to 50mph and 2 to 4 inch of rainfall.
    Thanks for the update. My son lives in cherry hill and goes to school in camden. Glad you've made it through so far. Could be a strange winter too. We're still experiencing temps in the 80s in south AL.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mingus View Post
    Man, that Mother Nature sure is being a bitch!

Romanticist Philosopher

Angry If It Snows

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Man, that Mother Nature sure is being a bitch!
    I'm gonna move south
    I prefer my sex like my basketball, one on one, and with as little dribbling as possible.

Forum Regular
    Last night was blustery with 6" of snow. This morning wasn't too bad...I thought it would be worst. The transportation for the most part is passable. With the temperature rising the next few days most of the snow should melt.

Thread Information