twitter?

Printable View

• 04-30-2009, 09:12 AM
    3-LockBox
    twitter?
    OK, I trust you guys...wtf is twitter?

Yeah, I googled it, but got so many hits as to not know where to start.
  • 04-30-2009, 10:12 AM
    Looks like someone's about to loose their twitterginity...
  • 04-30-2009, 10:48 AM
    3-LockBox
    be gentle
  • 04-30-2009, 11:38 AM
    OK, how about this then: would it surprise you to know that the word dates back to Shakespearean times?
  • 04-30-2009, 04:30 PM
    02audionoob
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    OK, I trust you guys...wtf is twitter?

Yeah, I googled it, but got so many hits as to not know where to start.

Seems like Twitter is where you post what you're doing all the time and it notifies your subscribers so they can follow your life.
  • 05-01-2009, 03:21 PM
    atomicAdam
    twitter is -

you have account, other people have account - you follow other people - other people follow you - you post what your doing - cool things you find - it is basically the same as a forum/im/ all that - just in 160 characters or less - and you can't really stop people from following your tweets -

it is in a way helpful - and in a way not - the more people you follow - the more people follow you - unless your a star already and have a great following - but the more people you follow the more junk gets thrown your way

i used to have like 300 people i would follow - but then i would miss the stuff i actually wanted to read - so i paired it down to like 19 on my personal account. now it is useful again.

if you want to follow audioreview it is on twitter - AudioReview - basically tweeds on news stuff, cool audio video stuff, or just some things i'm doing at the moment.
  • 05-01-2009, 04:43 PM
    If you're new to it, definitely follow AAdam's advice and white-list your followers. There's some really irritating folks out there.

And not to add to anyone's paranoia, but everything you type is public record, stored, and analyzed. Granted, that's true for everything here too, but a lot of people think of twitter more like a phone call or a chat session and that's not exactly accurate.
  • 05-01-2009, 06:44 PM
    Auricauricle
    Kinda has a narcissistic ring to it, don't it?
  • 05-01-2009, 06:48 PM
    Kevio
    Last night at dinner I learned that Twitter is an Ego Broadcasting System (EBS for short).
  • 05-01-2009, 07:53 PM
    Auricauricle
    HAH!!
  • 05-01-2009, 08:08 PM
    RoadRunner6
    Twas a shiveringly chilly night,
    nearly frozen drops of rain
    doth twitter down my spine.

Willy Shakespeare
  • 05-02-2009, 11:01 AM
    Twittering the Willy?
  • 05-02-2009, 12:38 PM
    atomicAdam
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    Kinda has a narcissistic ring to it, don't it?

welcome to the internet???

It can obviously be narcissistic, but it can also be useful.

two examples:

first, I go for a ride, want share experience, and goings on with friends, and that all is good with wifie. "all is good" as in "I nor anyone else ended up in hospital", wifies like to know these things, and friends too so they can rib you about your lack of skill versus the size of your balls.

well, instead of sending and doing a bunch of things, SMS or blog or shiat, just Twitter it and when those who care have the time they will see what is going on.

second, allows one to tell the world their version of the truth, in 160 characters or less. perfect for Hollywood stars...................or politicians. unfiltered direct contact with those who care.

unless you have a ghost writer of course
  • 05-02-2009, 01:12 PM
    TheHills44060
    Twitter, facebook and those things just sound way too creepy.
  • 05-02-2009, 02:33 PM
    Auricauricle
    I agree, shodulik....I mean, people who spend all day on the computer in sites like audior....um...
  • 05-04-2009, 06:14 AM
    RoadRunner6
    My cousin was from Wyoming and he just loved to listen all day to his Conway Twitter albums. :4:
  • 05-04-2009, 11:07 AM
    noddin0ff
    "Brevity is the soul of Wit" - W. Shakespeare

Contrast with Twitter.

discuss.