Is there an appropriate place, if any to shamelessly plug

the internet-based business that I have been working on for the last few months? It's ready to debut January 1st and I am really excited about it! For all of you who are the "cook" or chef in the family, my site is for you!

My goal is to help people everywhere save time and $. You can also learn to cook and gain some skills if you don't feel you have any.

The site, which is the finishing touches are still currently being tweaded is www.gourmetgal.net

I will have a monthly calendar and I have the meals pre-planned for you. Just click on a day, and the chosen meal will appear. (Once I get more users this function will change and provide you w/ options)

Then you can print the recipe and for all those really organized people our there, you can also print a "shopping list" that coordinates to the meals. So no forgetting one item (or more) at the store!
    And no purchasing what you don't need, just stick to the list!

Anywho, I've been working on this for awhile. We have some big plans to revamp and improve and make the site really user friendly once we have some cash flow.

Feel free to check it out. For anyone insterested, I'll have a free week or two to try and I'd appreciate feedback. Just let me know and I can forward you the special login.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    You're an angel! This is exactly what I need. Are the recipes healthy, nutritious and low-cal?

My health club offers a six-week program where they provide you with a book that plans your menus every day for six weeks (three meals, three snacks) with recipes and shopping lists. Each meal you had three options, one regular option, one fast food option, and one vegetarian option. Hubby and I did the six weeks about a year ago and it was great! I printed a weekly menu off my computer and posted it on the fridge with a binder of the recipes kept in the kitchen so whoever go home from work first could start dinner and we always knew what to cook.

Now that we have a kitchen again, I'm planning on restarting this practice in January. Pre-planned menus makes life so much simpler and healthier.

I'm glad you like the idea!

The meals are healthy, easy to prepare, using mostly fresh ingredients, and I will have all the nutritional info. Until I can get it exactly how I would like it, I am planning a variety for the week.
    Veggie, Meat, fish, pasta, salads, soups, etc.

I would love for you to try it on the "test drive" which should be ready in a day or two and give me some feedback.

If you are only cooking for 2, I suggest either halving the recipes or just know you guys will have plenty left over for lunch or another meal.

Since I cook for a family of 6 on a regular basis, I take the meal from one night and take the leftovers and make them into a completly different meal for another night, so that my kids will eat it.

So I've got ideas on that too.

I'm working on having a gluten-free menu as well. Just know I am totally open to suggestions and Jim (my computer guy) and I will be constantly working on tweaking it and making improvements.

I'm just excited to get it out there, since I've had the idea for awhile, it took me months of talking to different programmers to find the right fit.

So we are throwing it out there and I wish it could start out with all the
    "bells and whistles" I want it to have, but I have to stick in my budget for now.

I can send you the log in so you can try it for free.

The regular price will be $9.99 a month, until you cancel. So I think it's priced right. Let me know what you think of that too!

Thanks for being excited about it! I'll be interested to hear how it works for you!

I'd be happy to take it for a test drive for you, but I'm not sure that the week before Christmas is the right time. I'm just too busy to give it the attention that it deserves and I'm not doing a whole lot of cooking right now with lots of parties and social events lined up into the new year. But send me the log in via PM and I'd be happy to take a look at it...although I may not be able to provide any valuable feedback until after Christmas.

I'm going to hold judgment on the cost until I have a chance to review the site. But if you can save me time, simplify my life, and provide menus that are healthy then $9.99 a month certainly sounds reasonable.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done!

FA,
    I thought about what you said re: the end of the year not being a really great time to try, so I think you are right and I'll just wait to give everyone who is "testing" it out for me their free trial in Jaunuary.
    I've also planned Jan out already and have lots of lighter meals, healthy dishes since I figure we will all be sick of indulging in sweets after the holiday. So if that works for you, why don't you plan on trying it out for the 1st of the year!

That sounds perfect. Thanks.

I know that you're just getting up and running but as an expansion idea for the future, speaking of parties and social events, you could also provide different selections of party menus with recipes and shopping lists. You could offer everything you need for a dinner party, or a Superbowl party, or Thanksgiving Dinner, etc. I never know what and how much to make when I'm entertaining.

Suspended
    Oh Jeeeezzz... A girly thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Oh Jeeeezzz... A girly thread!
    It is now that you're here.

Suspended
    You love me.

I know you've heard of girl power! Hey by the way, I do know of a sad few "males" who happen to do the cookin' at their house, so the service I am bringing forth isn't just for girls! Besides, I'm not the type to discriminate. Anybody can cook!

Thread Information