Thread: Getting Baked

Utmostjamin1

Getting Baked

How many audio enthusiests here like to partake of some good scooby snackers once in a while? i am soon to be 40 and i love being baked and listening to tunes
    Klipsch RF-7 fronts
    Klipsch RC-7 center
    Klipsch RS-7 surrounds
    Velodyne DD-15 Subwoofer
    Integra DTC 9.8 Preamp Processor
    ROTELRMB 1095 Multichannel amplifier
    Oppo DV-980 H
    Samsung BDP 1500
    Sony 80 GB Playstation 3
    Sony Bravia XBR 46" LCD HD-TV

Quote Originally Posted by jamison
    How many audio enthusiests here like to partake of some good scooby snackers once in a while? i am soon to be 40 and i love being baked and listening to tunes
    Scooby-dooby-do!..............yes I do.....

Spark it up, crack upen a cold one, turn on the tunes and take the cover off the pool table. Sounds like a great day to me.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Are you guys talkin bout cookies and milk? Yes they go great with music or a movie

Walks in, sees LJ with an aprin on, rolls eyes and leaves.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Comes back in with a bag. Stirs something green and leafy into LJ's cookie dough. Turns to LJ to give him a thumb's up, and leaves again.

LJ thinks he smells a Christmas tree. Goes back to baking.

Linear Guy

be careful guys

......our president probably monitors this site. What was that cookie recipe again? My short term memory is you know.....what was I saying? I have to go, my cat is eyin up my liver again.

Quote Originally Posted by daviethek
    ......our president probably monitors this site. What was that cookie recipe again? My short term memory is you know.....what was I saying? I have to go, my cat is eyin up my liver again.
    Let him read all he likes. Maybe he'll get a laugh or two from me. And my cookie ingrediants are a matter of puplic RECORD.

Bad kitty. Get down from him. You should know better than to eat liver without onions.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    One of my buds (not that kind) from the old days used to have a saying - IT won't kill you, but lookin' for IT might. Unfortunately, IT got too hard to find a few years back. I miss the good ol' days.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    The mid to late 70's when we still thought IT would be legalized. The police turned their heads and life was good. Studying photography IT helped so much with creativity. IT helped make concerts more enjoyable and people would share with strangers.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Not tryin' to be contrary...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    The mid to late 70's when we still thought IT would be legalized. The police turned their heads and life was good. Studying photography IT helped so much with creativity. IT helped make concerts more enjoyable and people would share with strangers.

...or a hypocrite...IMO assisting the creative process is really a bunch of hooey...lord knows, towards the end, me and de boys was scorin' by the pound...and we sounded great!!! And my paintings were great, along with my sketches. My playing abilities rivaled the greats...so I was told, by others and myself...unfortunately my critics were as blitzed as I was...

It really is all in your head...listened to some of the the tapes some years later...we weren't so great...watched some movies that I thought were the funniest things I'd seen while WUI (watching under the influence), listened to music, etc. etc. etc. In hindsight it was "what was I thinking?"...

As someone who spent most of my waking hours zapped or drunk or a bit of both for big a bit of time, it's all a lie...just something that helps you escape the reality of it all...

jimHJJ(...it's life, get used to it...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser

...or a hypocrite...IMO assisting the creative process is really a bunch of hooey...lord knows, towards the end, me and de boys was scorin' by the pound...and we sounded great!!! And my paintings were great, along with my sketches. My playing abilities rivaled the greats...so I was told, by others and myself...unfortunately my critics were as blitzed as I was...

It really is all in your head...listened to some of the the tapes some years later...we weren't so great...watched some movies that I thought were the funniest things I'd seen while WUI (watching under the influence), listened to music, etc. etc. etc. In hindsight it was "what was I thinking?"...

As someone who spent most of my waking hours zapped or drunk or a bit of both for big a bit of time, it's all a lie...just something that helps you escape the reality of it all...

jimHJJ(...it's life, get used to it...)
    IT helped with developing creative ideas but I never used IT when it was time to implement the idea. Maybe that is why I found IT helpful.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Stereo value > car value texlle's Avatar
    Listening to music is one of my favorite things to do after smoking. Whether it's my stereo at home, or absorbing the bass from the 12" in my car.

Btw, I seriously cannot believe that I've been here 4 years...wow..
    Dynaudio Audience 42
    Conrad-Johnson PV14
    Sonographe SA-250
    Music Hall CD 25.2
    Musical Fidelity V3 series- X-LPS phono preamp, X-DAC, X-PSU
    Rega RP1 w/ performance pack
    Pure i-20 iPod dock
    -----------------------------
    B&W DM603s2- B&W LCR60s3- B&W DM302
    Velodyne CT-120 12" sub
    Rotel RSX-1055
    Arcam CD73T
    Samsung LN46C630 46" LCD
    Denon DBP-1611 bluray
    -----------------------------
    KEF K120- Jolida JD202a- Cambridge Audio D300 cdp- T500 tuner

Photo gallery

Kam
    I thought IT was a giant spider that took the shape of a clown and lured young kids into the sewers with shiny balloons.... hmmm maybe stevie was on to something with his "IT" analogy....
    /create

Thread Information