Goober's gone, and now Andy Griffith

As icons of TV's golden age laying to rest one by one (Andy on tuesday and Goober on May 6th), may we give tribute to funny guys that made generations laugh from TV shows The Andy Griffith Show amd Hee-Haw.

RIP

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Griffith was one of TV's most recognizable names and faces and was actually a great character actor. Sure, he was usually cast in the vein of Andy Taylor, but his Matlock character was different from Taylor, and he did a few TV movies playing a villain where he was very chilling. Goober was, well, Goober.

Everyone should see A Face In The Crowd. Critiqued as being heavy handed and/or over-the-top when it came out (late '50s), it turned out to be rather prescient, if not tame compared to what passes for cultural icons today. Griffith's Lonesome Rhodes is downright intellectual and cultured compared to the liscensed morons that populate reality TV.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

R.I.P. Andy. My childhood would not have been the same without you. Your simple, no nonsense characters molded many a young mind.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Thanks GMichael

Quote Originally Posted by 3LB View Post
    Griffith's Lonesome Rhodes is downright intellectual and cultured compared to the liscensed morons that populate reality TV.
    Hense the Golden age of TV

Andy Taylor charactor was somewhat similar to Matt Dillon from Gunsmoke where he usually stayed in the back ground while the supporting cast rolled with the story, or whatever mayhem they get into. And he appeared before things go haywire. And with a cast such as Deputy, town drunk, Gomer, Goober and the barber, his appearance was frequent.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    A mentor I had early in my career was from NC and Andy Griffith was his HS music teacher for a year.
    I have been to Manteo several times which is where he retired to and it and the surrounding Hatteras island is very nice. He got his "show biz" start there performing in the "Lost Colony" play that has been done there every Summer for like 70 years.
    NAD D3020
    Denon 2910
    Denon DMD 1000
    MSB Link DAC III
    Von Schweikert VR2
    NAD 7240PE
    NAD 5240
    Hughes AK 100
    Tascam 122
    Technics SL 1700
    Rogers BBC Monitors LS3/6

Charm Thai™
    For me Don Knotts was a much bigger loss than Andy Griffith.

Thread Information