Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar

Picture of the Governor and myself.

Well, it has been a really strange couple of months in IL. Today we finally got the budget out the door, and the Gov gave the Budget Address.

It was pretty cool to be involved in the process and gain some perspective in how hard Government workers really do work. Put in several weeks of 70hrs each, many times not going home till well after 9:00pm. Some nights at 12:00. And then back up at 5:00am to start again.

Our last Governor wasn't anything to write home about, but the new one seems very humble, and willing to get the State back on track.

He came to our office after the address, and thanked each of us. I at least had the forthought to bring my camera "just in case". I may have to post the picture, except that no one has seen me on here.
    Last edited by Groundbeef; 03-19-2009 at 08:52 AM.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Suspended
    And no one wants to, so crop yourself out of the picture. Simple eh?

You mean that the picture under your name isn't you?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    Can't be GM. I complimented him twice on his new dentures, but was ignored both times. OTOH he may just be rude or doesn't know how to take a compliment. :shrug:

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Can't be GM. I complimented him twice on his new dentures, but was ignored both times. OTOH he may just be rude or doesn't know how to take a compliment. :shrug:
    Maybe he is one of former governor Rod Blagojevich's appointee

Suspended
    Good point there Festus.

And nice of you to stop by. You haven't started any threads in Fav Films recently. What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    And nice of you to stop by. You haven't started any threads in Fav Films recently. What's up with that?
    Just take a look in FF before you speak

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    Maybe he is one of former governor Rod Blagojevich's appointee
    Nope, never met the man. And if I had, I wouldn't have wanted a picture of him.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    Well, it has been a really strange couple of months in IL. Today we finally got the budget out the door, and the Gov gave the Budget Address.

It was pretty cool to be involved in the process and gain some perspective in how hard Government workers really do work. Put in several weeks of 70hrs each, many times not going home till well after 9:00pm. Some nights at 12:00. And then back up at 5:00am to start again.

Our last Governor wasn't anything to write home about, but the new one seems very humble, and willing to get the State back on track.

He came to our office after the address, and thanked each of us. I at least had the forthought to bring my camera "just in case". I may have to post the picture, except that no one has seen me on here.
    It's nice to hear some positive words about a politician these days. I'm sure that there are some good, decent, hard working politicians out there but we so seldom get to hear about them over all the yelling going on about the bad ones.

Glad that you had a good experience with this Beefy. I hope it continues that way.

Thread Information