Forum Regular

Introducing: Dainis W. Michel

Hi All,

This is my first post here, and I'd like to introduce myself.

I'm 35 years old, and I live and work in Vienna, Austria. I am getting my doctorate in "the teaching of music composition," and I still need to work out whether the doctorate will be in Music Theory or in Musicology.

More about me as a composer here:
    http://www.music-composition-studio....-w-michel.html
    You can find my bio there too.

I've financed my education with my IT skills, and I'm now the part time Marketing/IT/Web Manager for an NGO called REEEP. My REEEP profile is here:
    http://www.reeep.org/people/Dainis.Michel, and from the bottom of my heart, I urge everyone out there to act on their instincts regarding the environment. My next album will include songs about our responsibility towards the earth, and I'm always interested in being in touch with people who truly care about nature, the earth, as well as the health and survival of our species.

That's all for now, and I wish you all the very best!
    Sincerely,
    Dainis

Welcome to AR, I looked through your web page, and there's some advertisments in
    there, and I'm pretty sure thats a no, no, just given ya a heads up. It might be cool
    to have a classical music composer/teacher onboard, refinement is always cool, but,
    my ozzy/VH/priest/bud/jd, are'nt going anywhere soon. Also I would'nt push the
    environment thing to hard, My 5 mile to the gallon, barely driveable on the street 69
    chevelle is here to stay, and I throw bbq smoke into the atmosphere 3 or 4 times a
    week, but thats just me. Good luck.
    Sunfire TGP-5 Pre/Pro
    Carver A760-x
    Carver TFM25
    Carver TFM15 x 2
    Sunfire Signature "True Sub"
    JBL Studio L890(Front)
    JBL Studio L830(Rear)
    Infinity PC350(Center)
    Oppo Digital 983H
    Panasonic Viera TH-46PZ85U
    Panasonic DMP-BD50 Blu-ray Player
    Power Protection/Filters-Monster HTS 5100 MKII
    Canare Interconnects

Quote Originally Posted by likeitloud
    Welcome to AR, I looked through your web page, and there's some advertisments in
    there, and I'm pretty sure thats a no, no, just given ya a heads up. It might be cool
    to have a classical music composer/teacher onboard, refinement is always cool, but,
    my ozzy/VH/priest/bud/jd, are'nt going anywhere soon. Also I would'nt push the
    environment thing to hard, My 5 mile to the gallon, barely driveable on the street 69
    chevelle is here to stay, and I throw bbq smoke into the atmosphere 3 or 4 times a
    week, but thats just me. Good luck.
    Is it one of those great SS's?

Welcome Dainis. I'm afraid this is not a tree hugger site.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
    Is it one of those great SS's?

Welcome Dainis. I'm afraid this is not a tree hugger site.
    Yea, it had the 396, but the car was raced in my brothers day, we put it back on
    the street in 2000, with the car painted, 598 dart based bbc, 18" micky's, you know
    a shakeing, noise polluting american hot rod, it is driven around town, and to
    shows up and down cali, got the enclosed trailer/pickup rig, It was my hobbie of
    choice, but getting into audio gear has been just as fun. The car is fun for scareing
    the hell out of the honda/acura/mazda knucleheads who think, they know what
    a cool car is..heres a pic of it at a 1/8 mile track in arizona in june, 1 week out
    of the chassis shop. Later
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sunfire TGP-5 Pre/Pro
    Carver A760-x
    Carver TFM25
    Carver TFM15 x 2
    JBL Studio L890(Front)
    JBL Studio L830(Rear)
    Infinity PC350(Center)
    Oppo Digital 983H
    Canare Interconnects

I like it. I used to have a Dart GTS. Two of my buddies had 396 Chevelle's. One had a Super Bee with a Hemi. I miss those kind of cars.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

I just saw a GTS at a show in LA, a very rare HEMI car, that sounded VERY good.
    My favorite mopar body style, other than CHARGER. The car is cool, but it is time
    comsuming, keeping it clean, tuned, hassled by cops for noise, etc. It's getting
    3" pipes installed, to mellow it out some. 4" is just to much on the street. Vintage
    cars and audio are cool, they sure have there own style, everything nowaday seems
    the same. Every year for the last 15, I say I'm selling it, and every year I freshin the
    engine, or do something. It'll go to my kid, and be around forever I guess. Gonna
    have to de-tune it for him tho.
    Sunfire TGP-5 Pre/Pro
    Carver A760-x
    Carver TFM25
    Carver TFM15 x 2
    JBL Studio L890(Front)
    JBL Studio L830(Rear)
    Infinity PC350(Center)
    Oppo Digital 983H
    Canare Interconnects

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

I was thinkin'...

...about gettin' the Dodge Ram SRT-10...the one with the Viper V-10 engine...gets like 7-8 mpg...runs on whale oil and panda tears...

Seriously, we are doomed and we are probably killing the planet...one of the reasons I ride mass transit and use my vehicle only on Saturdays to run all my errands, following a non-redundant loop...

jimHJJ(...ain't much but I'm tryin'...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

That truck is wicked, I know the environment issues, my wife is a part time green-
    piece member, or so she says..and hates me reving the car to 5000rpm's in the drive-
    way, with racing gas fumes blowing out the pipes, but I just can't see myself in a electric
    car, no weekend bbq's (can't have that smoke in the air), no fireplace (ditto), and no
    smoking or drinking. Gotta do what I gotta do. The whole worlds f'd up, whats the
    difference. Lifes short man.
    Sunfire TGP-5 Pre/Pro
    Carver A760-x
    Carver TFM25
    Carver TFM15 x 2
    JBL Studio L890(Front)
    JBL Studio L830(Rear)
    Infinity PC350(Center)
    Oppo Digital 983H
    Canare Interconnects

Forum Regular

I used to own a '67 Buick Skylark 2 Door, thank you very much...

Great car, likeitloud, great car.

A quick tidbit on my environmental stance, I recommend we:
    • increase our Energy Efficiency by 80%
    • increase our Energy Production and consumption by 800%
    • make sure all of the energy we use is 100% clean (from production to consumption)
    • have a blast with all the new muscle cars, inventions, planes, etc. that we'll need in order to use up all the energy we're generating via renewables

My '67 Skylark got rubber at 45mph! (ok, maybe 30)

BBQ is one thing, burning wood...can't get more natural than that. But, in my opinion, the time for needlessly saturating our atmosphere with toxic chemicals has come to an end.

Here's something I personally have not verified, but wouldn't it just kick major A--, if you could do something like this:
    http://waterpoweredcar.com/stanmeyer.html?
    I mean, you'd even still get that same great internal combustion engine sound! Ooooh, don't get me started on Harleys, I have a Harley Davidson Symphony planned. If there were ever a machine that deserves a symphony, it's a Harley. Never ridden one, had an '83 Kawasaki 550LTD for four years...not too big, I know, but at least it had 4 cylinders. A Harley is certainly in my future, though.

Anybody out there got the gumption to try to convert their hot-rod to water power? If you do, let us know and good luck!

Best wishes, glad to be here,
    Dainis
    Last edited by Dainis; 09-01-2006 at 04:53 AM.

Thread Information