Favorite Christmas quotes, Merry Christmas everyone!

Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas." -- Calvin Coolidge

My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?" -- Bob Hope

Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone." -- Charles Schulz

Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions, a special day spent in the warm circle of family and friends." -- Margaret Thatcher

Somehow, not only for Christmas, But all the long year through, The joy that you give to others, Is the joy that comes back to you. And the more you spend in blessing, The poor and lonely and sad, The more of your heart's possessing, Returns to you glad." -- John Greenleaf Whittier

Someone once asked me how do you spell “LOVE” ?
    The answer is “TIME”
    That has always stayed with me. It is a good question to ask yourself every once in a while. Who do you spend most of your time with? Are they the ones you love the most or are they the ones perhaps who need love the most? I know there are many opportunities all around us, at all times of year, to maybe give a little more - not of money or of gifts or presents, but of ourselves and our time. When you spend time with someone, you are in essence saying “I care about you. You matter to me.” That is a way to show love. And God knows, we all want to feel needed and cared for and loved.
    I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and shares it with those they love. I hope the sentiment of the season carries over into the New Year and in all that we do & say to all those around us.

Peace and goodwill to y'all,
    Sugar

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    "Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f^@king Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of *******s this side of the nuthouse." - Clark Griswold
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    "Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f^@king Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of *******s this side of the nuthouse." - Clark Griswold

Classic.

"You'll shoot your eye out, kid." - Virtually every adult in "A Christmas Story"

Suspended
    Watched it Christmas night!

(Christmas Vacation that is...)

Well...

1. "You'll shoot your eye out kid."
    2. "My dad worked in curse words like some men worked in oils."
    3. "Merry Christmas Mr. Potter!!!
    "Merry Christmas to you too in Jail!!!"

4. "Nipples? You can barely see them nipples"?

Da Worfster

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    "don we now our gay apparel"
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    That's from the Kevin Spacey Christmas Tale, eh?
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Audio/HT Nut version 1.3a
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    JM, I'm a little older than you and years ago when I didn't have silver hair (remember the Beatles and Bill Haley and the Comets?), "gay apparel" had a different meaning then it does now!

Here is one of my favorites:

"..........The Supreme Court has ruled that they cannot have a nativity scene in Washington, D.C. This wasn't for any religious reasons. They couldn't find three wise men and a virgin.

Jay Leno.........."

PS: The heavy snow here had me swamped for a number of days. A belated Merry Christmas to all the nice people here (Merry Christmas to Pix also).

RR6

Thread Information