Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar

Snail shortage in Paris linked to one man

Oops sorry! They have some good food over here. Beef and duck and lamb oh my. Oh and they know a thing or two about wine. Oh and what they can create from a sack of flour. I have found my heaven and it is named Paris.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Glad you're enjoying the joys of French cuisine! Are you having snails too? I could never eat snails...

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I'm glad that you're having a great time John. You totally deserve it!!!

If the way to a man's heart is through his stomach Paris loves me and I love Paris. Wonder what would happen if I refused to go home? The people have been kind and helpful. I bought a painting today at a gallery. One more full day of fun before my return Wednesday. My goals of eating well, seeing Paris and purcasing a new piece of art by a local artist has been met. Tomorrow is just more sweet icing on a very delicious cake.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    Glad you're enjoying the joys of French cuisine! Are you having snails too? I could never eat snails...

I love snails and if I ever have to be a hunter/gatherer they are food I can catch.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    I love snails and if I ever have to be a hunter/gatherer they are food I can catch.
    You will be a gatherer.

Oh and what they can create from a sack of flour. I have found my heaven and it is named Paris.

It's wonderful, eh? I don't know how they do it, but I haven't found any similar croissants (or other genial creations from the bakery) anywhere else in the world. I have found good ones here in belgium too, but not even close to what they are in paris, and france in general

I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation too!!

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    What? no escargot? It's great; mind you, it's mainly the garlic & butter.
    Last edited by Feanor; 06-01-2010 at 06:56 AM.

I'm all for the pastries, but pass on the squishy treats.

Glad you're having fun JM. Just remember to come back home.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Just remember to come back home.
    Oooooh. That's going to be a tough one, I think.

Red face

Today is my last full day so a little sadness in Paris. I have no reason to leave and no good reason to go home. Paris has helped me put the past in the past. Standing on Pont des Arts while facing Il de la Cite all the pains and dissapointments of the past were released,

Now here I am for the first time not needing to worry about anyone but myself. It is both freeing and disconnecting in some ways. Wow at this age I am making the decisions I should have made in my youth. Gee what the hell do I want to be when I grow up?
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Gee what the hell do I want to be when I grow up?
    A nice man who deserves happiness.

You can stay there if you promise to keep writing.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Gee what the hell do I want to be when I grow up?
    A nice man who deserves happiness.
    He's already there.

You can stay there if you promise to keep writing.
    John, this trip sounds like it's been cathartic for you. I'm happy that you're happy. Maybe you shoud consider staying on for a few more days. How hard could it be to change your flight?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    He's already there.
    That was my point as well. He’s already achieved what matters most. Everything else is just extra fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    John, this trip sounds like it's been cathartic for you. I'm happy that you're happy. Maybe you should consider staying on for a few more days. How hard could it be to change your flight?
    Somebody there must be in need of your services. Even if it’s just temporarily, think of all the things you’ll see and learn.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    You should stay if you can bear it, provided you like bears of course
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

My body has returned to Ohio but my heart is in Paris.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snail shortage in Paris linked to one man-paris-2010-142_crop-smallest.jpg  
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

I will return one day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snail shortage in Paris linked to one man-paris-2010-021smallest.jpg  
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Stunning photo John, is that yours? I would love to see an album. Can you set one up on flickr and link me?

Glad you had fun. Sounds like you had more than just fun though. My time in Europe changed my life forever and made me realise that N. America isn't the only great place on the planet.

They really drill it to us here that we are the best countries in the world. Indeed we are great too, but culturally we are ameoba's in a petri dish.

Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Stunning photo John, is that yours? I would love to see an album. Can you set one up on flickr and link me?

Glad you had fun. Sounds like you had more than just fun though. My time in Europe changed my life forever and made me realise that N. America isn't the only great place on the planet.

They really drill it to us here that we are the best countries in the world. Indeed we are great too, but culturally we are ameoba's in a petri dish.

Yes it is one of mine and I have not processed them yet, a little contrast, etc.

Yes I have returned changed. I am much better for having had the adventure. My appreciation of life and what is important has grown. As I have said negativity from the past weighing me down was released from me. Blown away from the breezes over the Seine.

Yes we are a young country and our culture has not had as much time to develop as it has in Paris.

Damn it where is my coissant?
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

La Joconde (Mona Lisa) smiled at me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snail shortage in Paris linked to one man-paris-2010-028-smallest.jpg  
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Grumble Grumble...

HE!!!!

He gits to travel, see beautiful places, eat scrumptious food, drink great wines and basically enjoy hisself to no end... and ah'm stuck here at work... There IS no justice!!!!! Wahhhh!!!!

LOL, thanks for sharing and I hope you came home happy, rested, a few pounds heavier and fully recharged....

Worf

John, I'm so glad that you had a great time. I wish, for your sake, that you had stayed longer, but happy that you are home safely. I am also looking forward to seeing more photos.

You have a talent for photography. Perhaps that should be your calling in life.

There is one photo from Chicago that you helped me take (of the tall fountain with the face on it). It is my favourite photo from that trip and is framed and hanging in our hallway. I have received many compliments on it and it is all due to you.

La Joconde (Mona Lisa) smiled at me.

I love this one. It's like the old meets the new. Great pic.

Welcome home.....
    When is the party?

I miss Paris.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snail shortage in Paris linked to one man-paris-2010-141-ar-x-3.jpg  
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

One day I will be back!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snail shortage in Paris linked to one man-paris-2010-027-ar.jpg  
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information