• 06-17-2009, 11:23 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    This should send PETA into a tizzy...
    :lol: The things that become newsworthy amaze me.

Obama kills annoying fly, then keeps going in TV interview

Wed Jun 17, 8:25 AM
    By The Associated Press

WASHINGTON - Irritated by an omnipresent fly during a TV interview at the Executive Mansion Tuesday, President Barack Obama took matters into his own hands.

Said Obama to the persistent fly: "Get out of here."

But it didn't.

So Obama waited for the fly to settle, put his hand up and then smacked the fly dead in one try.

Without missing a beat, the president said to CNBC correspondent John Harwood: "Now, where were we?"

Well, maybe one more second to gloat.

Said Obama: "That was pretty impressive, wasn't it? I got the sucker."

The camera crew was still rolling in the East Room. Obama didn't mind. He pointed to the vanquished insect on the ground and said, "You want to film that?"

CNBC did. That fly is history
  • 06-17-2009, 12:08 PM
    GMichael
    That fly was my reincarnated Aunt Hazel! Oh the horror!:cryin:
  • 06-17-2009, 08:18 PM
    markw
    FA, are you psychic?
    ...or ust a keen observer of the various nutball organizations that hide within our ranks?

"PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside."

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news...bama.Dead.Fly/
  • 06-18-2009, 05:35 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    I just know that PETA are nutballs who lie in wait for any opportunity to get their name in the news. I'm surprised that they are taking this in such good humour and not organizing protests outside the Whitehouse to save the flies.
  • 06-18-2009, 05:47 AM
    markw
    Well, it could set a bad precedent.
    Considering that fly food is the main product of Washington, DC, if they spent all their time killing flies, nothing would get done.

On second thought, that might not be such a bad idea after all.
  • 06-18-2009, 05:58 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I just know that PETA are nutballs who lie in wait for any opportunity to get their name in the news. I'm surprised that they are taking this in such good humour and not organizing protests outside the Whitehouse to save the flies.

Give them time. It's raining today.
  • 06-18-2009, 06:40 AM
    Auricauricle
    Well, flies don't have fur. Fur occasionally flies....Nevermind.
  • 06-18-2009, 02:20 PM
    bobsticks
    What a bunch of freaks. I'm eating veal tonight as a tribute...
  • 06-18-2009, 02:49 PM
    Auricauricle
    "Welcome to the show that never ends...."

Sticky Boy!
  • 06-18-2009, 02:50 PM
    So why is it significant that Obama swatted a fly? Or is Rush trying to cook up something about this too?

Consequently I watched Starship Troopers last night and had the urge to kill every bug I could get my hands on, but I digress....
  • 06-18-2009, 03:17 PM
    Auricauricle
    Come to Challston...Their's enough Palmetto Bugs (AKA cockroaches) for everybody!
  • 06-18-2009, 03:39 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nightflier
    So why is it significant that Obama swatted a fly?

It's not. That was my point.
  • 06-18-2009, 03:53 PM
    Doesn't it seem that lately there's been a lot of non-stories in the news (much more than usual)? It's almost as if someone's trying to keep us from thinking about things that really matter....

"It's the economy, stupid" - James Carville
  • 06-18-2009, 03:56 PM
    JohnMichael
    Where was the Secret Service? Why was he not protected from such disease carrying insects. Who sent the fly? Enquiring minds want to know.
  • 06-18-2009, 04:01 PM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsticks
    What a bunch of freaks. I'm eating veal tonight as a tribute...

I wonder what they would think if they saw how many things I have made from leather?
  • 06-18-2009, 04:13 PM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Where was the Secret Service? Why was he not protected from such disease carrying insects. Who sent the fly? Enquiring minds want to know.

'cism!
  • 06-18-2009, 04:14 PM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

I wonder what they would think if they saw how many things I have made from leather?

LMAO!!...I've been hangin' out here too long...John, my first thought was, "I have no doubt of that"...
  • 06-18-2009, 04:50 PM
    Auricauricle
    Poor nagas....What will we ever do without their hide?
  • 06-18-2009, 05:14 PM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    "Welcome to the show that never ends...."

Sticky Boy!

<object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UrKcOyl5eNs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color 2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UrKcOyl5eNs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color 2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>
  • 06-18-2009, 08:26 PM
    3LB
    I'm still waiting for that CC'd e-mail w/ a photo-shopped pic of the fly wearing a turban

oh, you knows it comin'
  • 06-19-2009, 05:50 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Can I have a list?:devil:
  • 07-10-2009, 02:25 PM
    Ironic...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsticks
    <object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UrKcOyl5eNs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color 2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UrKcOyl5eNs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color 2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>

Jim Jones? Someone forgot to pass the cool-aid....