• 12-19-2003, 10:00 PM
    Smokey
    Saddam said he should be treated with respect.
    He still claim to be president of Iraq and demands he be treated as such. One have to ask his stinking ass that forget about being treated as president...should we even call him a human being?

Lets look at some statics about him:
    Over 1 million died (on both side) in the war with Iran he started. 50 thousand died when he invaded Kuwait. And I am not sure about the numbers, but gassing the Kurds (including children) have to be add to that statics also. Not to mention how many people he tortured and killed (we probably never know the number) while he was in office.

Now, can anybody call this person a human being for causing so much misery? I think we should have left him in that septic tank he was living in for past 8 months, and let relative of his victims use the hole as toilet. And when the holes fills up, flush it down the sea :D
  • 12-20-2003, 12:59 PM
    kelsci
    Smokey; it seems the first thing that came out of his mouth after being taken out of the hole was that he is the president of Iraq. Quite an ego and quite a nutcase to me he seems to make that statement.
  • 12-20-2003, 02:52 PM
    Smokey
    Sad situation.
    He also told his interrogators that if election were held, he would win majority of votes for presidency. Yeah right!!

He not only oppressed his own people politically, but economically also. Iraq is not a big country and its population is only 20 million. With all that oil money coming in, instead of building schools, roads and hospitals, he chose to buy military hardware (at one time he had 700 jet fighters in his inventory 4th largest army), and be a bully in his own neighborhood.
    I say good riddance.
  • 12-21-2003, 10:46 PM
    kelsci
    Smokey; Some strange thinking goes on in the middle east at least to our minds. Saddam might sound psychotic by saying that the people would have him back if given the chance and you know, it could possibly happen. I do not know what show I was listeing too some weeks back, but some people like to be "dominated" by a strong ruler. Hussein fit the bill, because these people have no idea how to rule themselves and have order in their country. Hussein gave them a strong armed order.
  • 12-22-2003, 05:56 AM
    piece-it pete
    His treatment..
    ...should be in keeping with his statue :).

It's too bad they don't hang people anymore.

Pete

PS I hope he cracks 1st!
  • 12-22-2003, 07:37 AM
    JSE
    Not a Human!
    Or even an animal. (Don't want to offend animals) He's scum and deserves a slow painfull death at the hands of his countrymen. I am sure they would be more than willing to rip him apart piece by piece.
    We need to get what we need from him and hand him over. I really doubt he will talk much. He knows his time is nearing.

JSE
  • 12-22-2003, 10:29 PM
    Smokey
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kelsci
    I do not know what show I was listeing too some weeks back, but some people like to be "dominated" by a strong ruler. Hussein fit the bill, because these people have no idea how to rule themselves and have order in their country.

I don't know about that. The only way to have dictatorship like Saddam rulling is to keep people's political awareness suppressed, or no freedom of expressions where everybody is kept in darkness. But once people become politically aware and nobody is killed or tortured for their expression of their idea, I believe the "strong man" argument doesn't hold any water. Who wants to vote for a jerk like Saddam any way once they know what he has done? :)
  • 12-26-2003, 10:56 AM
    Pat D
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokey
    I don't know about that. The only way to have dictatorship like Saddam rulling is to keep people's political awareness suppressed, or no freedom of expressions where everybody is kept in darkness. But once people become politically aware and nobody is killed or tortured for their expression of their idea, I believe the "strong man" argument doesn't hold any water. Who wants to vote for a jerk like Saddam any way once they know what he has done? :)

Who would want to vote for him? Well, that's hard to say. But some of the news out of the Arab world shows he still has supporters. Even the daughters whose husbands he killed think he is a tiger, that the Americans must have drugged him. And some support him as an anti-American, and the damage he has done to his own people and other peoples in the area don't seem to matter to them. On the other hand, some do try to weigh the damage he has done against whatever other qualities they perceive him to have.