• 08-30-2006, 12:26 PM
    JDavenportBriggsIV
    Report from The Briggs Compound
    A report from The Briggs Conference in Caribou , Maine is found below.

Last month, the venerable J. Davenport Briggs met at his compound with some of the wold’s finest UHE representatives to decide how the industry would play out in the early part of the 21st Century. Needless to say, the word “Sanyo” never came up.

After a two day event, the industry decided to move toward higher priced products, toward those containing wood and other natural materiel, and to tighten up the field for those attempting to enter into the business. Tweaks were really the topic of the day. Expect more from all vendors on that front. Analogue figured prominently. After a discussion, it was decided that America will continue leadership in this field, with Northern Europe a close second.

A very lengthy discussion on cables ensued with no real agreements reached. As a point of confrontation, you should expect a great deal of diversity here. Davenport will remain open-minded on the issue and not take sides so as not to sway the industry. He will continue to support all facets of cabling.

Digital was lead by SACD for the first time with the Accuphase (2-piece ) unit delivering the reference material played through tubed Jadis monoblocks- superb. There were no compromises here, with digital finally being considered a true rival for analogue. Classe’s SACD player was present, but , for the first time, the name “Sony” was not present in this area.

No doubt that analogue would lead the pack- too many experts there in this field to count. JA Mitchell’s turntable ended up shooting it out against the old Forsell AFO, too close to count. The AFO was fitted with the impressive Audio Note Kondo cartridge, with a custom job by AJ VDH on the Mitchell. Then entered David Gaines with his Clearaudio Master Reference with Grand Master TQI Arm- Goodbye to everyone else. WOW! The Caribou experience is very exciting esp. in this venue.

As for amps- too much to tell. Dan & Rondi’s offerings are always there kicking against the best of Mark Levinson (what a rivalry), but a surprise contender was the Air Tight entry against the Jadis Defy amplifier
    In the tube class. But it was tough, imagine all of the UHE “names” almost getting into a fistfight in the parking lot over this one. Jadis pulled it off and then went against Graaf’s best- a slam dunk for the Germans against the French, WWII all over again.

More to follow. I hope to get written permission from Davenport to reprint his opening speech.

Diandra
    Assistant to Mr. Briggs
    The Briggs Compound
    Caribou, Maine
  • 08-30-2006, 01:29 PM
    noddin0ff
    Ah, third person revealed...
  • 08-30-2006, 01:34 PM
    GMichael
    I don't remember seeing him in my troll class.:idea:
  • 08-30-2006, 02:38 PM
    JoeE SP9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GMichael
    I don't remember seeing him in my troll class.:idea:

That's because your troll class had entrance requirements.:ihih:
  • 09-01-2006, 06:37 AM
    FLZapped
    I wonder if that is compound as in Preperation H....

-Bruce
  • 09-01-2006, 07:25 AM
    Bernd
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JDavenportBriggsIV
    Jadis pulled it off and then went against Graaf’s best- a slam dunk for the Germans against the French, WWII all over again.

More to follow. I hope to get written permission from Davenport to reprint his opening speech.

Diandra
    Assistant to Mr. Briggs
    The Briggs Compound
    Caribou, Maine

Well Davenport or Briggsy or whatever,

I think you had one Schnaps to many.
    With all your knowledge and standing in the Audioworld you have no idea from what country the Graaf line of tube amps originates. Well let me enlighten you. Italy.
  • 09-01-2006, 09:40 AM
    musicoverall
    We have a winnah!!!!!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FLZapped
    I wonder if that is compound as in Preperation H....

-Bruce

:lol:

"To the 3rd or 4th audiophile peak was his appointment
    But audio lovers consider him more of an anal ointment."

- A. Phile
  • 09-01-2006, 11:36 AM
    Resident Loser
    Be kind Bernd...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernd
    Well Davenport or Briggsy or whatever,

I think you had one Schnaps to many.
    With all your knowledge and standing in the Audioworld you have no idea from what country the Graaf line of tube amps originates. Well let me enlighten you. Italy.

...since he's so full of hot air, he surely must have confused it with a Zeppelin of similar name...maybe it was the double-a...very Nordic...

jimHJJ(...have a good weekend...)
  • 09-01-2006, 03:35 PM
    N. Abstentia
    Things must be slow at Rob393's Car Audio shack :rolleyes:
  • 09-01-2006, 06:52 PM
    trollgirl
    Just try...
    ...and find Jameson Davenport Briggs IV in "Who's Who". I could not find him in the online edition. Oh, wait, there's more - he is now J. Davenport Briggs IV. Did he get banned and have to re-register? Or is he just a troll? Or was he a troll the first time around??

If your heads are not spinning yet, try and find Caribou on a map of Maine. I tried that, too.

Laz
  • 09-02-2006, 07:48 AM
    Bernd
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Resident Loser
    ...since he's so full of hot air, he surely must have confused it with a Zeppelin of similar name...maybe it was the double-a...very Nordic...

jimHJJ(...have a good weekend...)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a good one too.

Peace

Bernd:16:
  • 09-04-2006, 04:42 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    Things must be slow at Rob393's Car Audio shack :rolleyes:

This is unecessary baiting and is totally unacceptable.
  • 09-04-2006, 07:52 AM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    This is unecessary baiting and is totally unacceptable.

This person is an outright Troll and I can't figure out why you have not deleted his threads and Banned him once again. The mods are so quick to delete a non-music thread at RR but will allow Trolling elsewhere.

Maybe you think he is funny, or maybe he is actually a Moderator and that is why he is not wiped. This person has shown us enough of his ignorance since he doen't remember what his own name is from Troll post to Troll post let alone be able to spell his own town, which doe not exist. As far as his knowledge of Audio, he gets a little confused where certain products are produced. Boy am I glad I am not one of the many who have tried to buy his time in offline messages.

UHE = Ultra Horse's (rear)End
  • 09-04-2006, 09:33 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyfi
    This person is an outright Troll and I can't figure out why you have not deleted his threads and Banned him once again. The mods are so quick to delete a non-music thread at RR but will allow Trolling elsewhere.

Maybe you think he is funny, or maybe he is actually a Moderator and that is why he is not wiped. This person has shown us enough of his ignorance since he doen't remember what his own name is from Troll post to Troll post let alone be able to spell his own town, which doe not exist. As far as his knowledge of Audio, he gets a little confused where certain products are produced. Boy am I glad I am not one of the many who have tried to buy his time in offline messages.

UHE = Ultra Horse's (rear)End

Read very carefully the post I quoted from. It is not the original poster at all.
  • 09-04-2006, 09:44 AM
    topspeed
    Hey T-man,

Why hasn't this tool been banned? Entertainment value?
  • 06-19-2013, 10:42 AM
    Hyfi
    This Troll just resurfaced over at Audio Asylum....Look for his return here soon I guess.
  • 06-19-2013, 12:02 PM
    dean_martin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyfi View Post
    This Troll just resurfaced over at Audio Asylum....Look for his return here soon I guess.

We can only hope that the venerable Mr. Briggs will grace us with his presence.

Babs Aydelot
    Assistant to Mr. Martin
    Martin Compound
    Martini, Martinique
  • 06-19-2013, 12:59 PM
    markw
    Really. This guy's a harmless hoot. Kinda like our own Dr. Loof Lirpa