• 12-18-2011, 01:31 AM
    RGA
    R.I.P Christopher Hitchens...
    He lived large and was one of the most well spoken articulate thinkers and writers of our time.

And he managed to offend nearly everyone (because he was usually always right) - my kind of guy.

Hitchens at his very best - YouTube

Christopher Hitchens Take On God And Christianity 2011 (R. I. P. Tribute) - YouTube
  • 12-18-2011, 12:25 PM
    Feanor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RGA View Post
    He lived large and was one of the most well spoken articulate thinkers and writers of our time.

And he managed to offend nearly everyone (because he was usually always right) - my kind of guy.

Christopher Hitchens Take On God And Christianity 2011 (R. I. P. Tribute) - YouTube

Although I didn't always argree with what Hitchens said or the way he said it, I do feel he was a greater challenger of conventional wisdom, contrarian, and iconoclast.

On the subject of organized religions he was pretty much bang-on -- basically they're all bad.
  • 12-18-2011, 09:06 PM
    Pat D
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RGA View Post

David Frum wrote:

"Christopher did not offer a model of what to think. He offered a model of how to think – and how to live. Fully. Fearlessly. Joyously."

"http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2011/12/16/david-frum-on-christopher-hitchens-a-man-of-moral-clarity/"
  • 12-20-2011, 06:04 AM
    Worf101
    He was one of a kind...
    He was one of a kind. He walked it like he talked it. He was fearless and brazen but NOT cruel in a personal sense. He didn't suffer fools lightly and neither do I.

Worf