Quotes on friendship...

"You find out who your real friends are when you're involved in a scandal" Elizabeth Taylor

It's the ones you can call @ 4 a.m. that matter...

A real friend is the one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.

Everybody wants to ride with you in the limo, but what you need is somebody who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. Oprah Winfrey

Everybody's friend is nobody's.
    Don't you like it on the sly? Don't you like it till it hurts? Have I been on your mind? What's a voice without a song?

Suspended
    I'll do whatever you want. Just don't take that avatar away.

Audio/HT Nut version 1.3a
    Agree! That is one stunningly erotic avatar. Gets my horns a honkin...beep...beep.

Oh yeah, what was the question? Friendship: Find a marriage between best friends and you will find a lasting marriage.

Rich, did you notice that this thread came to a screeching halt right after our two posts?

Did you do something wrong or is everyone preparing for Valentine's Day? I took care of my valentine (my wife) last week (she took care of me that evening). We, being very thrifty people, always do Valentines Day a week or two early so we don't have to spend a fortune on flowers.

Also, I noticed everytime I make a post, that seems to be the last post in the thread. It has happened too many times to be a coincident. I hope my recent surgery hasn't made me paranoid! Is there a conspiracy out there?

RR6

Suspended
    Short answers (for now)
    Yes

No and maybe

Thanks for sharing

Don't think so

Naaa

I suspect your recent surgery is why you hadn't been around for a while? I hope it wasn't anything major and all went well

There's a government conspiracy if that makes you feel any better.

Thanks Rich...actually it was very major (open heart/aortic aneurysm repair) but things went very well and I am now recovering as quickly as can be expected. My mind is quite clear (I'm only taking two dozen Focus Factor pills a day... just kidding) and my memory is almost back to normal. (the heart lung pump machine used during the surgery affects the brain somewhat negatively, but mostly temporary). I should be back to work in several months. The good news is I only have less than two years for retirement. I noticed since my surgery that my new Emotiva amp sounds even better than before. Amazing!

Government conspiracy! Oh my God.

I'm surprised this thread did not take off. Oh well, maybe Monday.

RR6
    Last edited by RoadRunner6; 02-14-2009 at 08:50 PM.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner6
    Thanks Rich...actually it was very major (open heart/aortic aneurysm repair) but things went very well and I am now recovering as quickly as can be expected.
    Are you serious?! Holy crap! I'm glad to hear that everything went well. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Suspended
    And I'm sure that if Sugar Beats was here she'd express the same sentiments.

RR, I'm glad to hear everything went well w/ your surgery!

I hope that you have some great friends that are able to help you out (should you need it) or at least come visit/ hang out w/ you while you are recovering!

What kind of music do you enjoy listening to the most?
    Don't you like it on the sly? Don't you like it till it hurts? Have I been on your mind? What's a voice without a song?

Don't worry about things coming to a screeching halt whenever you come to a thread, RR....I've got that one handled!

Glad all is going up with the heart on....
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

It is difficult to say who do you the most mischief: enemies with the worst intentions or friends with the best.

The holy passion of friendship is so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring in nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money.

Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life. Mark Twain
    Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind, puts fears to rest, heals the heart & makes it whole, flows from heaven and soul to soul.

A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway.

The only way to have a friend is to be one."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friends are like melons; shall I tell you why? To find one good you must one hundred try. Claude Mermet

One who looks for a friend without faults will have none. Hasidic Saying

"A friend loves at all times."
    Proverbs 17, 17.

"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe unto him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up." Ecclesiastes 4:9-10.

Thanks kids. Sorry Sugar Beats, didn't mean to get your thread off track. I really enjoy the thread topics you and FA start.

My wife is also my best friend and a great nurse. I'm being well taken care of.

I actually like just about every genre of music under the sun: classical, pipe organ music, some opera, blues, R&B, jazz, dixieland, ragtime, big-band, folk, flamenco, cajon, pop, rock, hard rock and some country. I don't think I can really pick a favorite.

"Friends are the blood of life." Better yet, sometimes when we talk about friendship, a picture is worth a thousand words.

RR6
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Quotes on friendship...-friends-001.jpg  
    Last edited by RoadRunner6; 02-16-2009 at 03:49 AM.

Sorry to read about your surgery RR, but very happy to see that you are recovering so well. Welcome back.

As far as friends go, I have hundreds or maybe thousands of friends, but only one true good friend that know I can count on all the time. I call her wifey.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Thread Information