Plugged ear....

Printable View

• 04-19-2011, 12:48 PM
    atomicAdam
    Plugged ear....
    I'm so ticked! I've had an ear infection and a plugged ear for almost two weeks now!

That is basically two weeks w/o music. And I just got my turntable back with the rewire - and I got the Zu cartridge installed - and i'm packing up all my gear - some sending back to manufacturers - because we are moving at the end of the month back to Oakland. And I've got about 10 new records I've yet to listen to - They have been waiting for three weeks now! I'm just about ready to explode!
  • 04-19-2011, 01:51 PM
    dean_martin
    I feel your pain/plugged ear. I have allergies that affect my left ear at least once a year to the point I have to get it irrigated at the doctor's office. My left ear has been stopped up since early March (Spring comes early down here) and it probably will stay that way until I get to the doctor. None of the home remedies I've tried have worked and my doctor recommended that I just come see him rather than trying something drastic on my own that might cause more problems.

For me, the sound stage and imaging are off and when it's stopped up completely I hear distortion in high frequencies. I think high frequencies are the first to go. When only one ear is affected, a simple test is to brush your fingers against your thumb close to your ears. The difference between what you hear with the good ear versus the stopped up ear is pretty dramatic.
  • 04-19-2011, 02:40 PM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Adam,
    Have you tried irrigating your ears to get them unplugged? I use the same high powered sprayer as my Doctor uses once a week to keep my ears clean. I learned to properly do this from my Doctor so my hearing stays top notch.
  • 04-19-2011, 03:58 PM
    atomicAdam
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Adam,
    Have you tried irrigating your ears to get them unplugged? I use the same high powered sprayer as my Doctor uses once a week to keep my ears clean. I learned to properly do this from my Doctor so my hearing stays top notch.

No - right now I'm on antibiotics but I am going to get a new general dr. and go see an ENT when I move back up to Oakland. I'll ask about this though. Thanks