Planning my next big purchase next week!

SWMBO lost her diamond a couple of years ago, so I'm replacing it with a better one for our anniversary coming up.

Audio quality: Zip
    WAF: Near infinity

Jon

What a good guy you are.

Dont use her new rock to play your "Forever" records.

-JRA

Quote Originally Posted by JRA
    Dont use her new rock to play your "Forever" records.
    i do wonder how that would sound...
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Through subterfuge I managed to put the last piece of the puzzle into place -- her ring size.

It's a rainy day here, and since a guy needs something to do, I offered to sonic-clean jewelry. Said I had a piece I wanted to clean, so may as well do hers, if she wanted. That worked.

Placed her wedding band onto a rubber stopper from my beer-making stuff and traced around it with a sharpie.

Always thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by tin ear
    SWMBO lost her diamond a couple of years ago, so I'm replacing it with a better one for our anniversary coming up.

Audio quality: Zip
    WAF: Near infinity

Jon
    Good man. I went through this a few years back also. That rock means everything to them. You'll have a better chance of upgrading your stereo equipment next time. But don't wait too long. In a few months that rock will be old news and she'll be looking for something else.

CCCC!
    Last edited by GMichael; 10-16-2006 at 11:34 AM.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

A happy wife is a happy life!

I've never understood the appeal of diamonds, but I do understand that the only things I've ever bought my wife that weren't returned/exchanged invariably were jewelry. Tiffany & Co. isn't a woman's best friend...it's her husband's .

Mike's got it right, too. After her new rock, she'll be considerably more open to your next toy. I'm focusing on a Jaeger LeCoultre right now and honestly, all she had to do was look at her upgraded 2.5 carat ring and say, "Go for it!"

Upgrading her ring is upgrading your life. Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed

I've never understood the appeal of diamonds, but I do understand that the only things I've ever bought my wife that weren't returned/exchanged invariably were jewelry. Tiffany & Co. isn't a woman's best friend...it's her husband's .
    My brother used to buy his wife "useful" gifts - TV's, nice appliances, etc, until one year he finally bought her some jewelry. For once she was actually excited and happy about her gift. My brother in law's response summed it up perfectly:
    So you finally decided to get her something practical, eh?

Mutant from table 9
    It's stories like this that make me keep paying my annual premium on my jewelry rider. Without an insurance check, I know it would take me years to get around to replacing my wife's diamonds. I'm sooooooo lazy.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by topspeed

Mike's got it right, too. After her new rock, she'll be considerably more open to your next toy. I'm focusing on a Jaeger LeCoultre right now and honestly, all she had to do was look at her upgraded 2.5 carat ring and say, "Go for it!"

Upgrading her ring is upgrading your life. Truth.

Very nice watch topspeed I am impressed. I agree the ladies love the gifts in the Tiffany blue box even before they open it. I have my eyes on a ss Patek Phillipe.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Nice move Jon. I can speak from personal experience, losing your diamond is like losing your best friend. It's just a ring, but you mourn it.

I lost mine a few years ago. It was insured and we replaced it but it just isn't the same...and it never will be. To this day I'm sick over the loss of the original. We women are such a sentimental bunch of saps.

I'm sure that your wife will love the replacement. Especially if she's not expecting it. You're a good man.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Very nice watch topspeed I am impressed. I agree the ladies love the gifts in the Tiffany blue box even before they open it. I have my eyes on a ss Patek Phillipe.
    Can't go wrong with Patek Phillipe, which one ya eyeballin'? Beautiful watches and movement. My friend is trying to talk me into an IWC and I'm also looking into Vacheron Constantin or the 'ol standby, a Rolex Daytona

Sorry for the thread-jack. I'll stop talking watches now.

Topspeed no prob about threadjack -- Nice watch!

Wow, thanks y'all. I must admit I don't "get" diamonds either. I get it about jewelry, but something so small and so expensive... Autumn, I get the sentimentality part, and it's a beautiful stone and all, but.. hmmm...
    They do make fine styli, abrasives, drill bits

Ah well; I know she wants it so, hey.
    The corollary of course is: "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." But now isn't the right time to go there..

So you finally decided to get her something practical, eh?
    LOL My friend at work said she'd probably get a weed eater or something.
    me: Sooo.. getting to retire the sling blade is a bad thing?

GM, keep this quiet, but I had considered the possibility that there might be perks. Not my motivation of course (harumph), but won't throw away any equity which may ensue as a result of this.

OK. Cool; this is going to work -- ring'll be done late this week, anniversary next weekend following (next to halloween -- tell me I got no sense of humor).

Oh yeah, Slump, this'n will get insured, and I'm having it put in a mount the jeweler called "bulletproof."

I don't know what the Emily Post on this insurance thing is, though. I wonder if making her insure it might be considered a major faux pas?

Forum Regular
    I think it should be a jeweler

Forum Regular
    This is a rather interesting question and one can talk on this topic forever. Over time, I realized that to each his own, that is, each person has his own interests that he is proud of and perhaps his life would be completely different without them. I also have one. interest and in fact I’m even proud of him. I like to buy different jewelry on the website https://segaljewellery.com/ and lately I began to buy rings for myself. Sometimes it seems to me that I'm forty because I love everything shiny.

Forum Regular
    I only suggest you to use the services of https://uc-coins.com/coins-by-countr...on-yellow.html because their item and gift material are high quality. Even the Homer Simpson coin is one of the best gift to purpose for everyone. Because it is not typical coin and I'm sure that everyone will get nostalgy about this cartoon)

AR Newbie Registered Member
    I have been saving money for my next purchase for a long time. And yes, I want to buy a diamond jewelry. Do you think I should do this? The diamond also undergoes a diagnostic procedure in order to identify signs of refinement in color and clarity. For diamonds that have passed diagnostic tests, the geometric parameters, the color and clarity group, and the fluorescence group are determined. Groups of color and fluorescence are necessarily determined in comparison with reference samples for color and fluorescence. The purity group is determined at 10x magnification using a gemological microscope for gsi diamond grading

Thread Information