Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    A glass of wine and a hug would be better.
    There's a bottle of 2007 Kaesler Shiraz Old Bastard via Air Post headed your way and virtual hugs on a daily basis if we can avoid this fork in the road.

I can find balance with the O because of her humanitarian efforts and willingness to broach some awkward topics without difficulty. I can't promise the same level of civility if we continue in the direction in which we're heading.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

A glass of wine and a hug would be better.
    I'm only one state away.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I would like to add some comments if i may as well.

• Do you really need a talkshow to tell you that its ok to be gay?
    • Did you not know before that hamburgers and fries are not the perfect health diet?
    • Oprah does not give money or cars away for free! In one of her last shows where everyone got a new VW Beatle, the cars where sponsored by VW
    • This page counts Oprahs income based on every second http://www.salary-money.com/oprah-wi...-223000000.php
    • Oprah gave 10.000.000 to Hurricane survivors... considering she makes 223.000.000 million a year... considering she gives less then 5% of her annual income puts it more into perspective

She makes money, tons of it and gives a tiny percenty which is tax deductable to charity. Thats the same scheme Bill Gates and Warren Buffet are doing. The don't give money to the "poor", they create funds which are controlled by billionaires, they buy and control prices of medicine and only give away a tiny portion.

And Oprah does not give self help. If you can help your-self, you would not need help. Considering american television and german television, which derives a lot from out friends oversees is absolute rubbish and mind controlling, i am shocked to see that people are looking for their heros on daytime TV.

If you need a TV show with a billionaire women to get people to read, then maybe its time to look at your educational system and cultural system first.

No offense, many of these points apply to many different countries including Germany..... but we are not that far yet, but getting there
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Hey JM, and if you need a hug my wife will take care of that. I can supply the music and wine (French, Swiss, Italien and German)

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Florian it is good to see you posting again. It is also good to see you are still full of sh!t.

Oprah did not make me feel better about being gay but she did educate a lot of straight people which has helped reduce some of the prejudice and hate. I talk to young gay people and while life is not always easy they have not experienced bullying to the level I did in high school in the early 70's. Parents do not reject their chidren as much as they once did when they learned they were gay. Oprah helped portray gays as we are and to remove the fear and thoughts that we are all child molesters. Of course others helped but Oprah opened up a lot of minds.

I also did not need Oprah to interest me in reading. She did introduce me to books I might not have known about otherwise.

As far as the travel for a hug, you know me, it would have to be from you. When I go back to Paris I will let you know and you can meet me and I will buy dinner for the three of us. Yes your wife is welcome.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Hey JM,

you got a deal, ill give you a hug.

* I did a lot of growing up in the past few years and must say that i read some of my old posts and feel ashamed partially. We live in Switzerland now, very close to Germany, France and Austria. Paris is like 3 hours or so, let me know. I know some very high end Apogee systems in Paris as well ;-)

I understand your point about educating straight people, but i still raise my point that highly intellectual people are generally not welcomed in the US and most parts of Germany. In most parts of the world where education is held high and cultural diversity goes above various fast food places or flat movies the understanding for different sexual orientations is much higher.

I run a team in a global pharmaceutical company where my team members are from Nigeria, Switzerland, Italy and Germany. We have Anti-Theists (me), Jews one guy who is for sale and other believes. People with families and singles and yes one of them is a lesbian (she is hot too, but has no trigger for men)..... I have never met anyone in my prof. life as a team lead, requirements engineer who was either deeply religious or had a hatred or interest about other peoples sexual preferences.

I only notice that in areas where intellects are generally lower and the cultural diversity is branded by stereotypes and people who get their primary education from day time TV. Thats horrible.... really

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks View Post
    There's a bottle of 2007 Kaesler Shiraz Old Bastard via Air Post headed your way and virtual hugs on a daily basis if we can avoid this fork in the road.

I can find balance with the O because of her humanitarian efforts and willingness to broach some awkward topics without difficulty. I can't promise the same level of civility if we continue in the direction in which we're heading.

First I say thank you and secondly I must say I have never known you to be anything but civil.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael View Post
    I'm only one state away.
    I feel so rejected.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I lol'd.

Slow morning my friend?

First I say thank you and secondly I must say I have never known you to be anything but civil.
    Well, we both know that's not entirely true...but will adopt it as a working theory. Thanks for the kind words, sir. I hope life is progressing well in the wake of your loss.

I feel so rejected.

Please do not feel rejected. I have already Googled a map to your house. I am on my way.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Please do not feel rejected. I have already Googled a map to your house. I am on my way.
    See you in about 8 hours?

See you in about 8 hours?

What great fun to meet you in person, your wife and beautiful daughter. Sadly last night after taking my dog out for his before bed pea break I had a little accident. In one hand was keys and a treat for Corky in the other was his leash. As we were walking up the stairs to the second floor to my apartment Corky heard a sound. We were almost to the second floor when Corky turned and bolted down the stairs. He through me off balance in midstep and I followed him backwards down the stairs. "Ouch". Sadly I will not be travelling anytime soon.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

What great fun to meet you in person, your wife and beautiful daughter. Sadly last night after taking my dog out for his before bed pea break I had a little accident. In one hand was keys and a treat for Corky in the other was his leash. As we were walking up the stairs to the second floor to my apartment Corky heard a sound. We were almost to the second floor when Corky turned and bolted down the stairs. He through me off balance in midstep and I followed him backwards down the stairs. "Ouch". Sadly I will not be travelling anytime soon.
    Sorry to read about your mishap. I hope that you heal quickly. (no pun intended)
    You are always welcome.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information