Bad luck in bunches?

Last Tuesday I received a call from my dad. He was in the hospital again for stroke number 2. The doctors had told him to start saying goodbye to his family, so we bought tickets and flew down to Florida on Wednesday.
    Most of you know that he had a kidney removed back in 2007 due to cancer. Since then, he has been tested for cancer every month. He was cancer free up until last fall. Suddenly, he went from cancer free, to stage 4 all over his body. We flew down then to spend time with him while we could. Then the doctors said that they had the cancer on the run and he was getting better. Then in December, the cancer suddenly showed up in his brain and he had a stroke. He had brain surgery and most of the cancer was removed.
    So here he was going threw another stroke. The doctors tell us that his condition is bad and that they can’t do anything to stop it. “He has little time left and should spend as much time with family as possible.” He was released and sent home Wednesday night. We brought him to his home and helped him in. He seemed in good spirits and pain free. Walking is tough but he has his GoGo and our help.
    That night I had trouble sleeping. My back started to bother me. I figured it was because of the different bed. By morning I was doubled over in pain. I started to think that maybe I pulled something helping him in and out of his chair, bed, wheelchair etc. The pain got to the point that I couldn’t take it anymore. I was lying on his bathroom floor puking before they called 911.
    At the hospital, they told me that I had 3 kidney stones on my right side. At 8mm each, they were too big to pass on my own. But the guy who does the ultrasound procedures would not be in until the following Tuesday. That was the day of our flight back. So they put a tube in from my bladder to my right kidney to keep the stones from blocking my passage. I asked them if I had any stones on the left side, but they told me that they didn’t check my left side. I guess that my logic of thinking that, if there are 3 on one side that the other side might have some too, is faulty. After a day there, I was sent home, or to my dad’s home. While there I made many calls to find a doctor in our area to do the ultrasound and remove this fracking tube. But no doctors take my insurance. I ended up finding one 50 miles away that will, but they needed my medical records before they would even schedule an appointment. I had singed off in Florida to have the records sent to my home so I figured I would try again once home.
    I just got back to our home late yesterday. No records. I called the hospital in Florida. They said that I never filled out the forms that I know I did. After hours of fighting and talking to every manager available, I filled them out again. The doctor up here has my records now but I’m waiting for an appointment. Can’t wait to get this tube out. It feels like I have to pee all the time. And peeing is like a trip to hell. I’d rather have hot pokers stuck in my eyes.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

that is awful to hear GM - i've had similar fights about record releasing. I can't wait till we get on an electronic record system. and i guess this makes my plugged ear seem like a walk in the park.....

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about all your problems GM.

Here's a happy Kidney stone story for you... My brother is prone to kidney stones. He gets them every few months and usually ends up spending a night in the hospital on morphine for the pain.

Last Wednesday I got a call at about 11:00 at night asking if I would drive him to the hospital because his wife was out of town. He spent the night on morphine and I picked him up the next day to drive him home. By Saturday he had not passed the stone. He went back to the hospital where he was admitted, drugged, and was scheduled for surgery on Sunday afternoon. On the way to the operating room on Sunday, he told the orderly that he had to pee. He went to the bathroom and passed the stone....minutes away from surgery. So maybe you can scare them out of you!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Sorry to hear about all your problems GM.

Here's a happy Kidney stone story for you... My brother is prone to kidney stones. He gets them every few months and usually ends up spending a night in the hospital on morphine for the pain.

Last Wednesday I got a call at about 11:00 at night asking if I would drive him to the hospital because his wife was out of town. He spent the night on morphine and I picked him up the next day to drive him home. By Saturday he had not passed the stone. He went back to the hospital where he was admitted, drugged, and was scheduled for surgery on Sunday afternoon. On the way to the operating room on Sunday, he told the orderly that he had to pee. He went to the bathroom and passed the stone....minutes away from surgery. So maybe you can scare them out of you!
    You gotta love a happy ending....

At 8mm each, I'm not so sure how happy I'd be to pass these 3 out of my "tender area." The tube they put in is to prevent that unhappy ending though.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Sorry to read about the ongoing troubles GM...and, yes, it's been my experience that they tend to come in droves. Hopefully once you make it through the worst of it you can expect some downtime from pain and drama. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and know that you're missed.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Sorry to hear of your troubles, GM. I feel for you, (but maybe not to quite to theexpent that you do for yourselft). I hope they all "pass" painlessly, fuguratively or litterally -- and soon.

Thanks everyone. I'm sure that it will pass.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    You gotta love a happy ending....

At 8mm each, I'm not so sure how happy I'd be to pass these 3 out of my "tender area." The tube they put in is to prevent that unhappy ending though.

I am sorry to hear about you and your father's pain and suffering. I have never had a stone but I have seen people in great pain with them. I hope they take care of them soon and get that stent out of your ureter. The ultrasound process that breaks up the stones is the least invasive method. Hope you are pain free soon.

Now to bring a smile; GM try not to masturbate you might kill the cat.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Oh GM this is terrible man. My heart goes out to you as well as my prayers. This reminds me of 2009. In that year my lupus caused me to have shingles(two weeks out of work), one month later a major lupus episode that had me stuck in bed for a week, and two months after that I almost died from double pneumonia(the doctor gave me a 5% chance of survival 4 weeks in the hospital).

I could not wait for 2009 to end.

Hang in there GM
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    GM try not to masturbate you might kill the cat.
    You think you're in pain GM? John just made me snort hot tea up my nose!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible

I could not wait for 2009 to end.
    That's how I felt about 2010...worst year of my life easily...and yet, like sands through the hourglass or tubes through a johnson...so too shall these days of our lives pass.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Here's something to squirm by:

had my first kidney stone at 18 while away at college and several since then. They've never been able to do the ultrasound on me for reasons I've never fully understood. They go in through the end of the penis with a "basket" on a line and grab them. Then I have to wear a stent for 4 or 5 days that has the same effect as that tube you have, GM. I would almost fall to my knees in pain everytime I peed. The stent has a string on the end that the doctor pulls like cranking a lawn mower to remove. It only takes a few seconds but it seems like days. It makes me want to curl up in the corner and ball my eyes out when it's removed. Not only is it painful but I feel violated in some way too. Fortunately, I haven't had a stone in years. I finally started drinking more water - you rarely find me without a bottle of water in my hand. Getting relief at an ER can really be frustrating because these days they assume you're a "drug seeker" until they find the problem.

Wish you well, GM. The new medical records regs under HIPAA are supposed to make it easier for any doctor to get your records from anywhere in the country electronically. Of course you have to authorize it so signing the proper releases is important.

Oh, and I know about the snowball affect/Murphy's Law. My dad had to leave for the hospital on day 2 of a week long trial that I had to finish last week. (My role went from taking notes and carrying file boxes to lead counsel overnight.) He had surgery on Fri. and is recovering at home. Yesterday my son's wallet was stolen along with a credit card on my account issued in his name. Charges started hitting my card left and right. There were charges on his check card too. He has to get a new driver's license, etc. But not to worry, things can only get better.

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    Yesterday my son's wallet was stolen along with a credit card on my account issued in his name. Charges started hitting my card left and right. There were charges on his check card too. He has to get a new driver's license, etc. But not to worry, things can only get better.

I've always had some good luck with the companies when it comes to this issue. Thankfully. Though once I pay off this CC I have I'll be damned if I ever use another one again.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Ewwwwwwwwww!!!!! Gross....
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

I am sorry to hear about you and your father's pain and suffering. I have never had a stone but I have seen people in great pain with them. I hope they take care of them soon and get that stent out of your ureter. The ultrasound process that breaks up the stones is the least invasive method. Hope you are pain free soon.

Thanks, I'm sure I'll be better soon. Dad is another story though. He's not in pain but he knows that his days are numbered.

The cat is safe. The end of my d..k feels like they used a pocket knife to reem out the end of it. When they pulled the tube I was peeing through out, it was like they thought they were knights from the round table pulling out their sword. I can still feel the burn.

I'm glad you gave up the Coke. The bubles used to burn my nose. But have you thought of maybe iced tea? That hot tea can cause problems. Did you add cream and sugar?

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin
    Here's something to squirm by:

had my first kidney stone at 18 while away at college and several since then. They've never been able to do the ultrasound on me for reasons I've never fully understood. They go in through the end of the penis with a "basket" on a line and grab them. Then I have to wear a stent for 4 or 5 days that has the same effect as that tube you have, GM. I would almost fall to my knees in pain everytime I peed. The stent has a string on the end that the doctor pulls like cranking a lawn mower to remove. It only takes a few seconds but it seems like days. It makes me want to curl up in the corner and ball my eyes out when it's removed. Not only is it painful but I feel violated in some way too. Fortunately, I haven't had a stone in years. I finally started drinking more water - you rarely find me without a bottle of water in my hand. Getting relief at an ER can really be frustrating because these days they assume you're a "drug seeker" until they find the problem.

Wish you well, GM. The new medical records regs under HIPAA are supposed to make it easier for any doctor to get your records from anywhere in the country electronically. Of course you have to authorize it so signing the proper releases is important.

Oh, and I know about the snowball affect/Murphy's Law. My dad had to leave for the hospital on day 2 of a week long trial that I had to finish last week. (My role went from taking notes and carrying file boxes to lead counsel overnight.) He had surgery on Fri. and is recovering at home. Yesterday my son's wallet was stolen along with a credit card on my account issued in his name. Charges started hitting my card left and right. There were charges on his check card too. He has to get a new driver's license, etc. But not to worry, things can only get better.
    Yeaouch...!
    Ouch ouch ouch!

I've always drank lots of water, but now even more so. These thangs hurt!

Thread Information