View Poll Results: Who is your favorite AR debater?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wooch can pick anyone apart.

6 33.33%
  • Sir T is the flame artist.

5 27.78%
  • Markw is rough and tough.

1 5.56%
  • Resident Looser had a way with words.

3 16.67%
  • Pixelthis can baffle us with his bullchit.

0 0%
  • Florian was like a volcano.

1 5.56%
  • RGA could talk you to death.

0 0%
  • Groundbeef would grind you up.

1 5.56%
  • Peruvianskies would hunt anyone down.

0 0%
  • Lexmark was king.

1 5.56%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Who is your favorite AR debater?

We have many debaters here on AR. Some have extensive knowledge and some are just a lot of fun to read. Who is your favorite and why? Do you have any stories or old debates you can share with the rest of us?

Wooch: Lots of great knowledge here, and he sure likes a good fight. Make sure you know what you are saying is correct or he'll pick you apart like road kill.

Sir T: Stand back! Flame suite on. Another man with a lot of information. Don't try to bluff your way through his debates. He'll rip you a new a$$!

Markw: Mark has plenty of experience in electronics. But make no mistake. He's here for the fight.

Resident Looser: We miss RL. His sarcasm and wit are unmatched. Brush up on your college English and read his posts carefully. They often don't say what they seem to say.

Pixelthis: Our current "say anything to get a rise out of people" person. He posts many facts twisted like a work of art until they prove something they have nothing to do with. Don't get too upset though. He's just messing with us. Or is he?

Florian: He knows his chit when it comes to high end equipment. Do you remember the old Flo? Him and RGA would go at it almost every day, but I sure learned a lot.

RGA: He could type like nobody's business. I couldn't read it all, but what I did read was well written.

Groundbeef: Whatever happened to all his fighting? Did Wooch and Sir T soften him up?

Peruvianskies: Mr Troll hunter went off the deep end. His personal attacks went a little too far.

Lexmark: The best for last? His movie reviews were fun to read. You could always count on another vampire review that had bad dialog. In the end, this woman hater must have run out of meds. His meltdowns were classic.

I know that there were some others left out. Write in votes are ok. I'll try to add them all up.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

JSE
    Debater? It was a toss up between Wooch and Sir T. So, I flipped a coin and Wooch won. Sorry T. Markw is just as skilled but quantity has to count for something. Wooch and T had the edge there. Quantity not length, I've scolded T a few times for his looooong posts.

I voted and then flipped based on the fact that Wooch and T are closer to the debater definition. While Lex and Pix are/were clearly the most fun the read, they really did not do much debating. Insanely ranting and raving are more like it. Because of this, I could not vote for either.

It's a risky move, but I'm going to say Sir T. He doesn't just chase old printers away. He beats them into a pile of toner and plastic.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Hey...Isn't PS & Lex the same person. Well I guess it does make sense to still address him as 2 different people

Gotta go with my bro T, since I've lost more debates to him over the years than anyone else on this board. Maybe one of these days I'll even the score, but that would entail a lot of changing the subject!

As for the old timers, Doc Greene retired undefeated (I only took him on a couple of times, and barely lived to tell about it!), and mtrycrafts always managed to debate audio topics while never revealing what he actually owned or used and almost always steering the topic back to DBT.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    Hey...Isn't PS & Lex the same person. Well I guess it does make sense to still address him as 2 different people
    If he's two people in his own mind, who are we to tell him he's one and the same? That would be like revealing the truth about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny -- that they are really domestic partners living the debauched party life on Ibiza!
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Suspended
    I don't think I have to say who I voted for. Yes, Sir T, Wooch, Mark are great and knowledgable debaters (antagonists?) which has a lot to do with what I've learned here so far, but I can't say much about RGA and Flo since I wasn't really participating here in '05 & '06.

As far as I'm concerned though, RL, with his wit, wisdom, comedic style and flair for sarcasm was the perfect counterpoint for this group. His power cord debate with E-Stat comes to mind which was just classic RL. I think he'll be back, and our "close-knit" community will be better off for it.

Speaking of E-Stat, I would've included him on the list as well.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Sir T for endurance alone...man knows some serious chite about a/v everything too.

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    :

, and mtrycrafts always managed to debate audio topics while never revealing what he actually owned or used and almost always steering the topic back to DBT.
    A long long time ago I asked a question in the off topic forums about which type food was better for me to eat that night. I think it was between Mexican and Greek. Many people gave me their opinions and various suggestions. Mtrycrafts chimed is and said nobody could say for certain which would be best until we all conducted DBTs. I think that actually answered my question the best.

BTW, I think someone found out he had a Realistic record player with 8-Track deck all-in-one-job with built in speakers.

Sir T streaks out to an early lead. (of 2)

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

Let's keep things interesting.

Fortunately for purposes of civility the difference between my favorite and the best debater can be described as 100% subjective.

Clearly, Wooch and T are the most well-versed among us. I have consulted their writings for advice on purchases and I have benefited from it. I have consulted their writings on tweaks and set-up advice and I have benefited from it. A case for either being the most technically accurate or most conforming to proper methodology of argumentation would be easy to make.

That said, Resident Loser had a way with words that never failed to amuse and educate...and didn't require the gargantuan level of mental persipacity just to make it to the end of the post...

(Sir Terrence??!...how about Sir Protagoras...you killed me with the "Nighliar Wars"...I felt like Dionysius and Sisyphus all rolled up into one quivering ball of mental oatmeal...)
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Well, i just had to vote for myself. I am not a fan of Wooch and his Paradigm thingys ;-) I dont know much about SirT.... and self love is the best love of them all !
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    I dont know much about SirT....
    Don't all you ex mods/AR walk offs have a club together?

I have never really heard/read Sir T go at it yet so... my vote for the ARs Masterdebater goes to Wooch.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

My vote

I vote for Sir T-the-T. He's well informed of course, but on top of that he is tenacious, relentlessly thorough, brooks no ignorance or foolishness, and will tell you exactly what he thinks of your arguments and you yourself.

(Personally I'm no debater. I state my case within in the bounds of my knowledge then I'm otta there.)

after reading the 'PLASMA IS DEAD' thread, my current vote goes to Wooch
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

With respect to JSE/Cartman, I had to vote for our dearly departed schizo: Lexie/TLADINY/John/PS

Sure, many of the other people listed are very good debaters, but are any MORE ENTERTAINING than Lex was? Put Lex, Sir T, and JSE in a room and break out the beer and pretzels.

CLASSIC.

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    With respect to JSE/Cartman, I had to vote for our dearly departed schizo: Lexie/TLADINY/John/PS

Sure, many of the other people listed are very good debaters, but are any MORE ENTERTAINING than Lex was? Put Lex, Sir T, and JSE in a room and break out the beer and pretzels.

CLASSIC.
    You guys had Beer & Pretzels?

Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    You guys had Beer & Pretzels?
    And popcorn.

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    And popcorn.

Dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    Dammit!
    You guys were too busy fighting over who was off their meds to notice that the rest of us were planning parties and betting on who would say what first. You were better than the 3 stooges.

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    I voted for myself.

As for the fighting, I just don't have the time. Cant even spend time on the 360. This last semester is gonna kill me. That and looking for a job. Between the both, I'll be dead before June.

BTW, I think that was a little below the belt calling Sir T "A big Flamer". Oh wait, I mis-read. A flame artist. Well, I guess not all flamers are in theater. Some have to paint I guess.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar

I didn't know I was such a monster!!

I voted for my brudda Wooch, because I have to admit, I would never get into a debate with him, he is just too good and informative. Besides, how do you call someone as smart, nice and cool as he is a Mudos hijo de puta. It just wouldn't work because he is the total opposite. I remembered when he first joined here, so wet behind the ears he could have caused a midwest flood. He ain't that way now, and it just makes me so proud.....Okay I have pulled myself together.

Damn you Wooch, you had to go and mention Doc Greene. Damn I really miss that guy a whole lot. He was my mentor, friend, and hero. I am still smarting from his departure.

RL, he is another I greatly respected. I didn't always agree with his views, and we have gotten into it on several occasions. But I always walked away really respecting him as a person. Not to mention his colorful dialog.

BTW, I think that was a little below the belt calling Sir T "A big Flamer". Oh wait, I mis-read. A flame artist. Well, I guess not all flamers are in theater. Some have to paint I guess.
    LOLOL..Beef, this is soooooooo cold. Anyone have a jacket! LOL. Mooboy, hang in there with school. If you die, we will send you to a meat packing plant in Chino. You'll be alright there.

Freakin Topspeed, holdin back on the beer, pretzels AND popcorn while I had to deal with a cucarachas outbreak in the form of Lex printer type individual. Unforgiveable...

And to think, back in the late nineties there was so much brain power on this website, my name wouldn't have even made this list.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Don't all you ex mods/AR walk offs have a club together?
    That club was disbanded when we all walked off.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    And to think, back in the late nineties there was so much brain power on this website, my name wouldn't have even made this list.
    Don't start that acceptance speech just yet there my friend. Looks like Wooch slipped into the lead while you were clearing your throat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information