Forum Regular

Let's talk football.

Hurray!!!! The Bears fired Dick Juron. Finally we might be able to field a serious football team! I just hope that they hire a legitimate head coach. I think we, as fans, deserve it!

Nice going Minnesota, can you say CHOKE!!!! All Bear fans want to thank you for letting the Green Bay Packers into the playoffs. Nice job, what a bunch of QUITTERS!!! Somethings never change.

So who do you think is going to make it to the Super Bowl?
    I think it's going to be New England vs. Phildelphia. I thought it was going to be St. Louis from the N.F.C., but they choked. Mark Bulger seems to be an inept Quarterback on the road. What a huge loss to the Lions, OUCH!!! I do believe that Tennessee has a good chance to come out of the A.F.C., as long as Air McNair can play.

Winning it all, well, I'd have to say it will be the PATS!

Forum Regular

Go Eagles!

They have a test this weekend against the Pack. I think the Bird's offense has really come around, but with the Westbrook injury, it may not be quite so dramatic. I think they can make it to the Super Bowl, but the AFC has some real tough teams and whoever comes out ( I think it'll be the Pats) will be favored.

Forum Regular

How is that Eagles rush defense?

They had better stop Mr. Green or it could be a long day. Hey, also don't forget about the dead Favre, as if the media would let us. He might come down and lend his hand so his son can be praised even more.

All in all, I second your sentiment, GO EAGLES!!!!
    I hate the frickin CHEESEHEADS. Plus McNabb is a Southside (Chicago that is) guy!

GO BEARS!!! Well at least next year!
    Remember, different isn't always better, but it is different.
    Keep things as simple as possible, but not too simple.
    Let your ears decide for you!

I agree with the New England prediction. Nobody else looks better... but the last three years, it always ends up being a team that people don't see coming - so what about Carolina this time? They fit the mold - good defense, not a media darling, and quietly moving toward the end.

Forum Regular

Rush D is porous, but not killer

Green will probably rush for 100+ which is like saying the sun will probably come up in the East. But so many good runners have put up big numbers against the Birds that I'm not overly concerned. They won something like 6 or 7 straight games against a 100+ yard runner, it's almost expected. The Eagles O has been scoring so a couple TD's against don't hurt like they used to. The Birds also have a tough pass D, and it just doesn't seem to me like a running team can win the big one these days. Favre could come out hot and tear it up too. Everyone has chinks in the armor, it's more a matter now of who has the fewest.

It is sad about the Bears. They were strong for so many years, I got used to them just being good. Good players who did their talking on the field and a storied stadium, not flashy and annoying good, just stick it to you good. After Hugh Douglas smoked your QB a few years ago, I'm kinda surprised to hear an Eagles cheer.

As far as a dark horse, Carolina has a great D which can play with anyone. I don't really think it's enough for them this year.

From the NFC I think it's the Eagles or Green Bay. Mike Martz is a fraud. He's like the Barry Switzer of the Rams - takes over a good team and can't help but get to a SB. But doesn't know what to do when the great team starts to break up.

Quote Originally Posted by _Luke1_
    As far as a dark horse, Carolina has a great D which can play with anyone. I don't really think it's enough for them this year.
    I don't know man, their offense looked decent this weekend againts the Rams. Should be interesting to see how they do against the high-flying Eagles next week. Everyone will hand the Eagles this game, but I don't think it's a gimme. I would be surprised if Carolina pulled out an upset, again.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    I don't know man, their offense looked decent this weekend againts the Rams. Should be interesting to see how they do against the high-flying Eagles next week. Everyone will hand the Eagles this game, but I don't think it's a gimme. I would be surprised if Carolina pulled out an upset, again.
    Carolina played tougher than I expected. I thought the Rams might pull it out in the end because of how they were playing in the 4th quarter, but Delhomme didn't make the mistakes that a younger QB tends to, so he gave his team a good shot to win which is all they needed as it turned out. I thought the Rams might be in trouble after their loss against Detroit. Truly good teams don't lose that game. Carolina wouldn't have. I don't know if I already said it here, but I think Martz is a legend in his own mind and I consider him the Barry Switzer of the Rams - inherit a good team, ride it to a SB, but have no idea what to do when it starts to turn over.

I wonder how Carolina will deal with a 20 degree day and 10 degree wind chill.

Forum Regular
    I was wondering what Martz was thinking in the last 2:14. He only ran four plays, never really taking a shot at the end zone. Even with around 35 seconds left in the game he could have gone for the end zone a couple times.

Overall, this past weekend of playoff football is among the best I have ever seen.

For who makes it to the big show, my heart says Indianapolis vs. Carolina but my head says it will be Indianapolis vs. Philadelphia.

flip a coin (the view here from NE)

The NFL has gotten exactly what it wanted -- playoffs where it's impossible to favor (predict) one team over another. They're all toss-ups. The fact that so many recent games have been nail-biters is just gravy for em. It certainly keeps more fans engaged for longer, compared to... like baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    I agree with the New England prediction. Nobody else looks better... but the last three years, it always ends up being a team that people don't see coming - so what about Carolina this time? They fit the mold - good defense, not a media darling, and quietly moving toward the end.
    I've been a Pats fan since around 1972. I watch every game so I probably know this team better than the other fans here. As much as I love em, I don't think they're any more likely to win than the other 3 teams in the running. Their record is the result of winning 3 or 4 games they really should've lost(luck factor)... in other seasons they would'a lost those games. But the Gods were on their side this year... so their record is a little deceiving. (don't get me wrong... they're still good enough to win it all... LOL).

The main thing that's contributed to that record is turnover-ratio... it's been great this year. That's a result of great special teams & defense. Their defense is what makes em capable of running the table. It'll be interesting to see how this Colts rematch plays out. In the first game against em earlier in the season, they (Pats) were a play or 2 from going up 4 TDs and winning big... but one bad pass and a furious couple of great Colts plays, and it was tied late. NE stopped em on a 4'th and goal at the 1 at the end to win. How often will that happen?

It's going to be a real chess match as to what plays are run and how NE tries to pressure Manning. That's one of the keys... does Manning get confused and make mistakes... does the cold make his brain slow down and make mistakes... does he learn from the earlier game... does he have another MVP type game throwing the ball? I guess you'd give NE a slight homefield advantage, but the cold weather can make for turnovers equally on either side, so I don't think that's that big an edge. I call it a pretty even game, with NE's defense as the key to their coming out on top. It's really tough to defeat a good team twice in a season (look at the other playoff games)... NE already did that last week, so the odds of doing it again this week are even longer. Is Manning as smart and tough as he is talented? Will that be enough? We'll see.

What's amazing is that NE has had more starters (13 of 22) lost to injury than any team, by a large margin, yet mangaged to do this well. It's also amazing that they really haven't played any really great games yet... (this would be a good time...LOL). You just don't get that many chances to grab the ring, so I hope they can make the most of this opportunity. Go Pats!
    You don't know... jack

Thread Information