Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar

Doing it the most difficult way first? Is it just me?

Yesterday, my daughter called me from home. Told me the microwave was dead.

I get home and sure enough, the microwave is dead. No lights, nothing. So I unplug it, take it out, and look in the back to locate a fuse. It took me about 10 minutes to wrestle the beast out of the pantry. I had to move all sorts of things to get it out. The coffee maker had to be moved, kitchen stereo moved, and all sorts of canned goods.

Not finding a dead fuse, I spent the next 30 minutes trouble shooting online. I searched repair forums, looked at online manuals, to no avail. Finally, after resigning myself that the microwave is indeed dead, and I would need to buy a new one, I went into the laundry room.

On a whim, I opened the circuit box, and viola, the outlet had been tripped. I flipped it back on, re-installed the microwave, plugged it in, and it worked like a charm.

GRRRRRRRRR!!! Almost 1 hour wasted on a 30sec problem.

Anyone else neglet the easy solution so that they can concentrate on more difficult solutions. I hate when I do that. And it happens on a fairly regular basis.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

I once tore my whole house apart looking for the lighter that was in my hand. Does that count?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I've looked for glasses that were on my head.

Once my wife was looking frantically about in the Target. She was calling the name of our daughter. She thought that she had wandered away. Problem was solved when she lifted her sleepy head off my wife's shoulder and said "Mom, I'm right here".

Mom needed a nap.
    JBL Speakers
    Sony BDP-550
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Just another argument for "source first"!!!
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Many times, man; many times.

Using a mechanical example, I decided once that it would be great fun to ride my motorcycle (Honda 750K, sans faring) from New York (LI) to Charleston, SC. The first leg went without a hitch. After crashing for the night in a hole-in-the-wall no-tell motel somewhere in Maryland, I ate an early breakfast, filled the tank, and hit the highway.

Upon entering the ramp down, I saw an eighteen-wheeler barrelling through. Still, there was plenty of room for entry, and with the zip of the bike in store, I thought, "No problem". Well, as I pulled into the lane, somehow the semi seemed to have crept up faster than I thought he would. I pulled the throttle, and he inched closer. I pulled the throttle again, and noticed, horror of horrors, that I was actually DE-celerating! I pulled to the side of the road and watched, breathless and aghast as the fire-breather went screaming past. "WTH?!" I thought.

I looked here and there, and finally I found the source of my premature alopecia: The stopcock on the gas was turned off! Having turned it off for the night, I failed to crank it back on that morning when I filled the bike up. I muttered a curse to the Great One and thanked him for the lesson. Then, cranking the beast up, I resumed, business as usual....
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    The stopcock on the gas was turned off! Having turned it off for the night, I failed to crank it back on that morning when I filled the bike up. I muttered a curse to the Great One and thanked him for the lesson. Then, cranking the beast up, I resumed, business as usual....
    Can't remember how many times I have done that in my life. At least 3 or 4 times each with every bike I ever owned. Let's see, there was the:

Rupp 5 hp mini-bike
    90cc Honda
    125 Yamaha
    250 Yamaha
    360 Yamaha
    750 Honda
    900 Kz
    900 Ninja
    1000 Sportster
    1450 Low Rider

What does that add up to?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

A cat with 10 lives!

Either that or the Great One has serious plans for you.
    "The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Suspended
    "I never do anything wrong" so...

You mean, "I never do NOTHIN" wrong", right?

Suspended
    Noooooooa! I'm edumacated don't ya no?!

That's y eye stai. hear t spen the taime,

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Noooooooa! I'm edumacated don't ya no?!
    How would we know?

Forum Regular
    My stepfather and I once spent a considerable amount of time mounting a letterbox on to a fencepost. Measuring up, drilling holes, checking levels, etc. We did a great job, but noticed something a bit odd when we stepped back to admire our handiwork. The letterbox was facing the wrong way!
    All we are saying, is give peas a chance.

nightflier
    Leveling a kitchen table by flipping it over after grinding down each leg. We now have a lovely coffee table. Still not quite level, but it's sitting on a rug.

Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    Leveling a kitchen table by flipping it over after grinding down each leg. We now have a lovely coffee table. Still not quite level, but it's sitting on a rug.
    "

That was funny man! I can just picture it happening. Just a little here, just a bit more here. Oh look, its now 12" too short. Ooops.
    JBL Speakers
    Sony BDP-550
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

Amphetamines can do that, I have heard....

Thread Information