Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by trollgirl
    "Totally unjust"? It is really an excellent demand, in view of the existence of birth certificates from Hawaii, British Columbia, and possibly Kenya. Calling the allegations "outrageous" and "off-the wall" does not make them so. There are too many unfilled blanks in Obama's past. Here's another link for your edification:

http://www.rense.com/general82/pbb.htm

Laz
    The birth certificate rumors have been debunked repeatedly. Barack Obama won the election decisively, and will be sworn in as President on January 20th. Get over it.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama...ertificate.asp

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...n_the_usa.html

Factcheck.org examined the actual birth certificate and extensively chronicled why it's legitimate. Yet, you'd rather believe some unsubstantiated net post showing a Canadian birth certificate signed by DUDLEY DORIGHT???

Also, if Obama wasn't born in Hawaii, then why did his name show up in a Honolulu newspaper birth announcement back in 1961? Was the 10-day old baby Obama already scheming with his American grandparents and Kenyan dad for a future Presidential run? I guess for some people it's easier to believe wild leaps of logic than the shortest logical path.

We think our colleagues at PolitiFact.com, who also dug into some of these loopy theories put it pretty well: "It is possible that Obama conspired his way to the precipice of the world’s biggest job, involving a vast network of people and government agencies over decades of lies. Anything’s possible. But step back and look at the overwhelming evidence to the contrary and your sense of what’s reasonable has to take over."

In fact, the conspiracy would need to be even deeper than our colleagues realized. In late July, a researcher looking to dig up dirt on Obama instead found a birth announcement that had been published in the Honolulu Advertiser on Sunday, Aug. 13, 1961:

Obama's birth announcement

The announcement was posted by a pro-Hillary Clinton blogger who grudgingly concluded that Obama "likely" was born Aug. 4, 1961 in Honolulu.
    Of course, it's distantly possible that Obama's grandparents may have planted the announcement just in case their grandson needed to prove his U.S. citizenship in order to run for president someday. We suggest that those who choose to go down that path should first equip themselves with a high-quality tinfoil hat. The evidence is clear: Barack Obama was born in the U.S.A.
    Last edited by Woochifer; 12-04-2008 at 11:20 AM.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Suspended

Huh? Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Yet, you'd rather believe some unsubstantiated net post showing a Canadian birth certificate signed by DUDLEY DORIGHT???
    Feanor signed Obama's Birth Certificate? GOOD, now I can turn him in to the FBI and we'll finally be rid of him! Praise Jesus!!!

Obama would not have been my first choice to run the country. But he won, and will be. I will support him until which time that he proves not to deserve it. May he turn out to be as good as the media makes him out to be. We sure need it.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    The Republicans and Hillary herself sifted Obama's past like so much grain, Laz, rest easy, if there was anything even remotely colorful in the past they would have dug it up. Instead they had to make a stink over sermons from Obama's preacher and any other wild connections they could fabricate.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    The Republicans and Hillary herself sifted Obama's past like so much grain, Laz, rest easy, if there was anything even remotely colorful in the past they would have dug it up. Instead they had to make a stink over sermons from Obama's preacher and any other wild connections they could fabricate.
    I'll rest easy in the grave, dude...

As for Woochifer's rebuttal, I took another look at the Canadian COLB, and "Dudley Doright" is just an interpretation of the sig. The name is not printed anywhere. Numerous lawsuits are still pending on this issue, and so it remains controversial and unresolved. Snopes.com is not the final authority for what is real and what is not. In the end, as I have said many times, you have to do your own homework.

Laz

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    This is the the last gasp of a crazy nutjob organization made up of the likes of Alan Keye's. The supreme court will rule on this shortwith, and it will be done. You are a nutjob, and I can't wait unitil this non-issue is overwith.
    Pioneer Reciever VSX-1015TX
    JBL Speakers
    Pioneer Plasma PDP-5071HD
    Xbox 360 (The Console to Own)
    Sony BDP-550
    DirecTV DVR HD20 Reciever
    1 Schnoodle
    2 Guinia Pigs

I'll rest easy in the grave, dude...

As for Woochifer's rebuttal, I took another look at the Canadian COLB, and "Dudley Doright" is just an interpretation of the sig. The name is not printed anywhere.
    Interpretation of the sig? I see this as someone's prank, and they are laughing themselves silly over how many people they pwned.

The conspiracy crowd keeps claiming that the Hawaii birth certificate is a forgery, yet people who physically examined the document have verified that it matches Hawaii's certification procedures and is legitimate. Hawaiian officials have also verified its authenticity. And the whole fact pattern matches the 1961 newspaper announcement. Personally, I'd rather believe evidence and objective verification than biased conjecture.

Has anyone actually seen the Canadian birth certificate and subjected it to the same scrutiny as the Hawaii birth certificate? And does anyone even know how someone could've gotten hold of this Canadian birth certificate and leaked it out to the Internet, given how sensitive these documents supposedly are? And given how explosive a finding this supposedly is, wouldn't it have made more sense to share it with an actual news gathering organization than to put it up an image scan on an obscure right-wing website?

Numerous lawsuits are still pending on this issue, and so it remains controversial and unresolved.
    Controversial only to a few remaining conspiracy nuts. The "unresolved" and "pending" parts will go away when these suits get tossed out in short order.

Snopes.com is not the final authority for what is real and what is not.
    I certainly trust them and Factcheck.org a helluva lot more than the paranoid bloggers and reich-wing talkers who are pushing this smear meme.

In the end, as I have said many times, you have to do your own homework.
    I did, by actually questioning whether the evidence of conspiracy stands up to any kind of logical scrutiny. Anything is possible, but you also have to assess what's in the rhelm of reality and what exists more in imaginary terms.
    Last edited by Woochifer; 12-05-2008 at 02:56 PM.
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

Quote Originally Posted by Groundbeef
    This is the the last gasp of a crazy nutjob organization made up of the likes of Alan Keye's. The supreme court will rule on this shortwith, and it will be done. You are a nutjob, and I can't wait unitil this non-issue is overwith.
    And the Supreme Court wouldn't have even looked at the case if not for Justice Clarence Thomas, who has a personal axe to grind with Obama, taking the unusual step of reopening the case for a conference vote, even though Justice Souter had already denied a motion to take up the case.
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Okay, we gotta confession...
    In addition to legalizing gay marriages and providing communist state health care, we grew a fine orator in the lab and genetically groomed him to infiltrate the White House...phase 1 complete...phase 2....General Doright leads...the INVASION...

Mwa ha ha ha ha!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information