My House is Finished!!!!!

Printable View

• 01-05-2009, 01:03 PM
    Ajani
    My House is Finished!!!!!
    Just about a week before Christmas, the wife and I moved into our first home... It took just short of six months to complete construction but was finished in time for the Holidays... Which was really great since my parent s came to stay with us for a week, just after Christmas...

So now the house is finished... and I've got a 15.6 x 11 ft (with 15ft ceilings) Stereo Room :biggrin5: .... but no equipment in it yet :frown5: ... so sometime after I stop being seriously broke from new house expenses, I can search for an amp and some speakers to make use of the new room...
  • 01-05-2009, 01:08 PM
    GMichael
    Congrats on the new home. I'm sure you'll fill it with memories as well as audio equipment.
  • 01-05-2009, 01:15 PM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Congrats AJani! Now you can ditch that hokey computer stuff and get REAL audio crankin' through your home. :biggrin5:
  • 01-05-2009, 01:19 PM
    Ajani
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GMichael
    Congrats on the new home. I'm sure you'll fill it with memories as well as audio equipment.

How about memories of audio equipment?

Thanks!!!
  • 01-05-2009, 01:20 PM
    Ajani
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Congrats AJani! Now you can ditch that hokey computer stuff and get REAL audio crankin' through your home. :biggrin5:

LOL.... Not gonna happen... my source will still be a computer based music server and DAC.... I'll just add an amp and Speakers as an alternative to the headphones....
  • 01-05-2009, 01:22 PM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajani
    How about memories of audio equipment?

Thanks!!!

That only happens when you get rid of audio equipment. Now that you have a house, you'll be saving some of that old equipment for other rooms. Memories of older equipment may take awhile.:15:
  • 01-05-2009, 01:25 PM
    GMichael
    Quote:

LOL.... Not gonna happen... my source will still be a computer based music server and DAC.... I'll just add an amp and Speakers as an alternative to the headphones....

I rest my case.
    10 more to go.
  • 01-05-2009, 01:43 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Congrats Ajani! Just don't get too upset when your new puppies start chewing up the new drywall. :)

Enjoy your new home!
  • 01-05-2009, 01:44 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

10 more to go.

Hmmm. I wonder if you'll have so much time to spend here once your Mini-Me arrives.
  • 01-05-2009, 01:47 PM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Hmmm. I wonder if you'll have so much time to spend here once your Mini-Me arrives.

I don't think I'll be bringing him/her to work with me. But I do expect to be busy this year for a few reasons.

• 01-05-2009, 06:49 PM
    bobsticks
    Congrats AJ!! A new house...in St. Kitts...yer livin' right my brother.

As per the audio plans, I have heard some absolutely magnificent sounds coming from a computer server and DAC into a suitable amp and speaker pairing so I know it can be done and done well.

Congrats again and keep us abreast of the progress.

Quote:

I don't think I'll be bringing him/her to work with me. But I do expect to be busy this year for a few reasons.

You gonna be that guy that sells roses at the edge of the highway?
  • 01-05-2009, 07:47 PM
    Ajani
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Congrats AJ!! A new house...in St. Kitts...yer livin' right my brother.

As per the audio plans, I have heard some absolutely magnificent sounds coming from a computer server and DAC into a suitable amp and speaker pairing so I know it can be done and done well.

Congrats again and keep us abreast of the progress.

Thanks bro... I'm not worried about the Music Server/DAC combo at all.... I'm sure my DAC1 is probably higher quality than any amp/speaker combo I'll be able to afford this year...
  • 01-05-2009, 08:03 PM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Weren't them pirates launching their vessels offa St. Kitts?
  • 01-06-2009, 05:28 AM
    Ajani
    Quote:

Weren't them pirates launching their vessels offa St. Kitts?

Probably... I know we had lots of them in Jamaica (in Port Royal) way way way back in the day... Not so sure about St. Kitts though...
  • 01-06-2009, 06:56 AM
    Feanor
    Congrats, Ajani
    Quote:

Just about a week before Christmas, the wife and I moved into our first home... It took just short of six months to complete construction but was finished in time for the Holidays... Which was really great since my parent s came to stay with us for a week, just after Christmas...

So now the house is finished... and I've got a 15.6 x 11 ft (with 15ft ceilings) Stereo Room :biggrin5: .... but no equipment in it yet :frown5: ... so sometime after I stop being seriously broke from new house expenses, I can search for an amp and some speakers to make use of the new room...

Your first house, eh? Oh, brave new world: hello, Home Depot/Lowes.

Now all you need is kids :biggrin5: (I'm assuming you don't already have some?)
  • 01-06-2009, 07:40 AM
    Worf101
    Congrats. It's a wonderful feeling.. Of course now you've a few things to do round here.

1. Pics of the new domicile so we can all drool and feel envious.

2. House warming bachannale/orgy/drunken debauche - Errr when is that again..

3. Spring Fling bachannale/orgy/drunken debauche - When did you plan on this one?

4. Summer Fun etc... you gets me drift?

Da Worfster
  • 01-06-2009, 08:00 AM
    kexodusc
    Hey, congrats on the new home...Hope it's everything you hope for and more.
  • 01-06-2009, 02:06 PM
    JSE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Worf101
    Congrats. It's a wonderful feeling.. Of course now you've a few things to do round here.

2. House warming bachannale/orgy/drunken debauche - Errr when is that again..

3. Spring Fling bachannale/orgy/drunken debauche - When did you plan on this one?

Da Worfster

GMichael can't drink at these. He's Prego! :hand:
  • 01-06-2009, 02:20 PM
    GMichael
    That would be wifey who's prego. But my drinking days are ending anyhow. I feel almost grown up now.
  • 01-06-2009, 02:31 PM
    JSE
    Quote:

That would be wifey who's prego. But my drinking days are ending anyhow. I feel almost grown up now.

I'm sorry, did you say your drinking days are ending? Feeling almost grown up?

That's not allowed! Besides, your drinking for two now! :p
  • 01-07-2009, 07:30 AM
    Worf101
    Hey
    Quote:

"WHERE'S OUR G'MAN AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HIM???"

Somebody call Mulder and Sculley.

Da Worfster
  • 01-07-2009, 08:04 AM
    GMichael
    Old age is taking it's toll on me lately. Just a few years ago I could stay up past 2 AM every night and get up a 5 AM m-f and still get my work done. Now it seems like if I stay up past 11 PM I'm shot for the next day. And forget about drinking. Two and I'm ready for bed.
    Growing old sucks, but it sure beats the alternative!
  • 01-07-2009, 08:12 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Congrats on 10K posts GM! Took ya long enough. :biggrin5:
  • 01-07-2009, 08:18 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Congrats on 10K posts GM! Took ya long enough. :biggrin5:

Now just stop that!
  • 01-07-2009, 08:24 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Quote:

Now just stop that!

I setup your 5K party, but someone else is going to have to start this one 'cause I'm not sharing my beer. :nonod: