Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar

To my friends here at Audioreview....

The time has come for Sir T to move on. My first notion was to just stop visiting the site and fade into the sunset, but I thought it would be better to thank some very cool people who have truely(and I mean that) affected my online and offline life in a very positive way. I am not angry at anyone, not dissatified with management, but I am bored coming here.

Gone are the great debates between informative minds where I actually learned something. Gone are the most knowledgeable people that used to populate this site (Richard Greene being my most remembered) and really schooled me on things I didn't know. I am not learning anything anymore That's not exactly bad as things, people, and times change. I guess this has been brewing for a while with me, as I have found myself coming less and less here. I have been on this site a hair less than 10 years, and while my style hasn't change much, the people here have.

To my brudda Wooch; my absence from here will mean nothing much for you. We will still communicate and eventually meet up for that promised beer. I remember when you joined audioreview. You had a tremendous thirst for audio knowledge, and over the years you quenched that thirst in a big way. The amount of information, and the accuracy of that information has left me astounded, and proud that I could be of some small help to you.

Edtyct, never really been a video display guy, but I have learned a great deal from your postings and am beginning to work very hard to achieve a balance between my audio and video knowledge. Thanks for stimulating the grey matter, its been a while since that been done.

Worf, Kex, topspeed, JR, LJ and all of my other brudda's in the Favorite film section, what a great joy exchanging movie reviews with you guys. I have managed to broaden my taste in movies, and find out that I was viewing drivel in the eyes of my most esteem klingon. LOL

Resident loser, I really had a tough time understanding your perspective on many issues, however I have grown to respect your knowledge and opinions in a very profound way, even if I didn't necessarily agree.

If I missed anyone specifically I just want to give a collective thanks to all.

All of the other old dinosaurs that were here(and there weren't many) when I got here have all gone and turned to oil. The T-man is going to follow in their steps. If anyone would like to personally contact me, you can send a private message and we'll exchange email addresses. Peace to all, and please keep the place together will ya!! LOL
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Sir T, say it ain't so.

Who now, will take the up the charge against the digital nay-sayers and would-be-experts?

I can understand cutting back, but going cold-turkey? Gonna miss your presence around here "brudda"...do drop in from time to time.

Hell, the discussions themselves have become boring to me too, but the cool people keep bring me back...

Best of luck to ya guy...

T-

Gonna miss your presence on the board, old buddy. The old guard on this board is getting mighty thin! I learned a lot from you over the years, particularly when I was making the transition from two-channel to multichannel. You took me to task in those early days, but you also gave me a lot of solid and pragmatic (rather than dogmatic) pointers for me to try out on my own. The proof is ultimately in the listening, and my everyday listening enjoyment has been greatly enhanced because so much of your advice was spot-on. A lot of what I've learned from my own experience had initially been pointed out by you and a lot of the other long-departed regulars. We definitely have to trade war stories over that long-overdue beer.

Knowing you, this is not some impulsive decision or ego-gratification exercise, so I'll respect that you're doing this for your own reasons. I trust that you will no longer contribute regularly, but I would hope that you'll occasionally drop by the board to say hi. With that said, thanks a lot for the many great exchanges over the years (including many that have more for entertainment value), and I'll look forward to continuing the dialog off-board.

Best regards,
    Wooch
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

T-Man, your departure means I'm the only one left to root for the Trojans and DCI. Not good.

Sorry to see you leave, brother. Like most of the regulars, I find myself cutting back more and more for the same reasons you stated. Seriously, one can only answer "Which is the best ________?" so many times. As much as it may irk the admins, without Doc, Woodman, and some of the others I've learned so much from, we really do need people like Skeptic, Mtry, and Lex to keep things interesting around here. Nothing wrong with a few heated exchanges now and again. A little revolution is a good thing!

Hope you check in from time to time and if you ever make it down to a game, email me and I'll buy ya a beer!

Fight On!

Speedy

Sir T.,

Every once in a while you run into someone who's knowledge, patience, and dedication make you realize how much you still need to learn, and to listen. Nothing has rewarded my time more on this board than reading your responses to questions and answers, as posted by experts and novices alike--and it's not just what you say but also how you say it. It's a bit strange how much you can find out about someone just from their words on an electronic page; you have been a friend to us all (I hope you'll continue to be one). I fear that no tribute, no matter how long and sincere, is going to do you justice. The only consolation is that your legacy is all around, everyday.

I will PM you to find to see whether you want to continue with the extracurriculars that we've been discussing. I mention it here only because I suspect that your box is going to be filled long before I get there.

Your grateful pal,
    Ed

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Thanks for all I've learned!

Boy, you close thread and the world comes to an end! Man, you really can't please anybody in this job. Roughhouse turns to tears, as my dad used to say.

For the record, I have no problem with heated debates. But when insults are being tossed back and forth by a member and a moderator, I just can't have that. Moderators can participate in debates, no problem. But they have to moderate themselves as well, and this means using some restraint in heated "discussions" with members.

Also for the record, Terrence, we don't want you to go. Your contribution has been invaluable here and we appreciate that. We like you (including me personally) and we'll be sad to see you go. Hope you'll change your mind.

if not, thanks and take care,

eric

JSE
    Holy Crap! I never thought I would see the day.

Well, since I kindof went through the same thought process for different reasons a while back, I can completely understand your reasoning and I wish you the best wherever you spend your future virtual time on the net.

You will be missed. I have learned a tone of information from you over the last couple of years directly and indirectly and I would like to say, Thank You.

Tonight, in your honor, I will have a expensive import brew. OK, maybe a couple or..........three.

JSE

thanks for any advice and learnings,

take care and drop in sometimes will ya?
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Terrence...

...thanks for the kind words...the place has become boring, you're not alone in that opinion...in fact it's one of the reasons I've been visiting the music and video forums with certain regularity...never meant to be a PITA but somebody has to do it...

Anywho, good luck with everything you do and remember one thing...It's the music that matters...

jimHJJ(...have a good one...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Sorry to hear that SirT.

I'm still learning so much so it is always interesting for me to cruise through the threads. Lots for me to learn still. Reading the replies provided by you, Wooch, Kex, Ed, Topspeed and the rest of the gang is a great learning tool. I also hang around for a good laugh. Those PS3 vs 360 threads are way too funny.

As others have mentioned, stop by every now and then. Besides, how can I catch up to your DVD collection without an update every once and awhile. Anyways, take it easy and I wish you and your family the best.

Sorry to hear this... Hope it wasn't anything I said

Seriously, I learned a heckuva lot from ya, particularly about what goes on before we even see a movie.

If it's any consolation, I've even started using that "DTS" thingie on my receiver.

...gonna miss ya, guy.

Hope to hear from you again someday

Thanks, Sir T, for your expert knowledge, especially in the area of recording practice which has been a real education for me.

Best wishes

I have to say: this sucks. I really do enjoy the different personalities as well as the knowledge circulating around this board, and you certainly contribute both in a prominent way. Yeah, totally sucks.

Please don't go.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

cam
    When I first came to this site, you were one of the first persons to put me in my place. I thank you for taking the time to repond to some of my previous questions and issues. You will be missed but the show must go on. I know how you and others feel about this site, over time it can become boring, but that doesn't mean you have to leave cold turkey. Take care brudda.

Sir Terrence The Terrible has left the building.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    My son the drummer is a big fan of the Cavs. I was proud to tell him that one of my online buddies was a member.

Your exchanges with Lex were classic! Your time here was well-spent.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

I would like to add that over the few years I have been here I have never debated anything with you or anyone else due to lack of knowledge on my part. I have however asked questions here and you have taken the time to answer and for this I am very appreciative of your time and effort.

I just wish I had enough knowledge to participate in some of the debates but I don't. I have read many of your posts and answers that you have given over the years and I would like to say I have appreciated yours and everyone else taking the time to help me and others here on the forum.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer some of my questions and try and drop by frequently and see how things are going here on the forum, Jeff
    I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days...Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days. I just refuse to have bad ones!!!, Jeff

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Life and forums go on.We'll all leave someday.
    Last edited by shokhead; 09-28-2006 at 09:18 AM.
    Look & Listen

Hey Big Fella, hated to see your post, but I totally understand. I too left for a couple years for the same reasons you stated. Take a break (as long as you want!), and I will hope to see you here again in the future. Face it, this place will always be a home of sorts, and you will always be welcomed and loved here!

Your bud always..........
    Robert
    Projector: JVC DLA-SX21U (LCOS 1.5m Pixel)
    Lens: Panamorph PSO-SX21
    Screen: 133" 16:9
    AVR: Denon (Flagship) 5800
    LRC-Mains: Definitive Technology (Flagship) BP3000-TL
    Surrounds: Atlantic Technology (Flush-Mount) System 20eSR
    LFE-Subwoofer: Sunfire True Subwoofer
    HD Satellite / DVR: VIP DVR622 Receiver (30+ Hrs of HD)
    HD VCR: JVC SR-VD400US Pro D-VHS (True 1080i transmission via Component)

Dedicated Home Theater Specs & Pics

This is indeed a sad, sad thing....

Sigh, I don't like it, but I understand it. I've been here nowhere near as long as you my Compadre, but I was here before the format change and have always considered you as one of the "Founding Fathers". You know, just always there like Mt. Rushmore. Like a prophet from the "Old School" you'd wade into some arguement, drop some wisdom about sound recording defend your turf. You've forgotten more about the subject than I'll ever know, but the coolest thing about you was/is how "cool" you are.

Cool is an underated attribute. Money can buy things but you can't buy style, class or cool and dese things you got. I hate it when I get emotional online... I'll miss you man and I pray you'll come back after a time, if for nothing else if not to burst some pompus ass's bubble. If you go who'll protect us from the Lexmarks of JDB's of the world? Damn this is worse than I thought it would be...

Much love and be good my friend...

Da Worfster

All of the other old dinosaurs that were here(and there weren't many) when I got here have all gone and turned to oil. The T-man is going to follow in their steps. If anyone would like to personally contact me, you can send a private message and we'll exchange email addresses. Peace to all, and please keep the place together will ya!! LOL
    Don't know that they so much "turned to oil" as were simply chased off.

I don't find much here either anymore, the place has died. All the members with any real character went elsewhere.

Good luck to you and watch out for those snakeoil salesmen.

-Bruce

Official User

Say it ain't so...

Sir T,

I will hate to see you go. I have not been here that long, but always read anything you had to say. Your reason, experience, and explainations were invaluable to me.

I have to say in the short time I have been here the demeaner and wisdom on the site has been in decline. You older, experienced guys are fewer and fewer and are being replaced with a younger crowd weaned on mountain dew, inaccurate web sites, and (c)rap music.

God Bless and Take Care!

Gosh I just swung by here looking for an old quote and lo and behold the most formidable debater I've debated is hitting the road. I learned that you can at least understand another point of view, even if they're - wrong! (Sorry T, had to say it for old times' sake )

I know how it goes on the web now, ebbs and flows, I understand. Best of luck to you buddy, and remember, my offer of hospitality stands if you're ever out my way.

God bless, live long and prosper,

Pete
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Abraham Lincoln

Kam

peace and good karma!

woh i just read this! holy minkey! sorry to hear you're leaving! but wish you all the best and am sure you'll continue to kick soundtrack butt over on the left coast.

thanks for all the help and advice all the way from waaaaaaaaay back when on the old boards. hopefully you'll keep the monicker and check back in... who knows... maybe even in time to refute the second coming of the Printer.

good luck with everything sir t!!!!
    peace
    k
    /create

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information