Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Shhhh...be vewy qwiet...it's

HOCKEY SEASON!!!!

Game on!

That's "Hockey Season" in Leafs blue. Yep, it's a new year and I'm bleeding blue again. No more cheering for those losers The Senators. I've renewed my passport for Leafs Nation.

First game tonight against the Sens. And, although I have to say that I like the Sens chances this year...best pre-season record in the league...I can't help myself, I have to cheer for my boy Mats.

I'll cheer for the Sens secretly where my husband can't see me.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    HOCKEY SEASON!!!!

Game on!

That's "Hockey Season" in Leafs blue. Yep, it's a new year and I'm bleeding blue again. No more cheering for those losers The Senators. I've renewed my passport for Leafs Nation.

First game tonight against the Sens. And, although I have to say that I like the Sens chances this year...best pre-season record in the league...I can't help myself, I have to cheer for my boy Mats.

I'll cheer for the Sens secretly where my husband can't see me.
    You know how much I respect and admire, ya, FA - whew! now that's outta the way:

I hear the first 5000 fans at the game tonight get the official Leaf Nation paper bags to wear over their heads...

Shhhhh...if you listen really closely, you can hear Vesa Toskala's knees knocking, as he sits in a corner by himself, rocking back and forth, unintelligibly muttering "too much rubber, too much rubber!"

Sens 5, Leafs 2!

Be Red!

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    I hear the first 5000 fans at the game tonight get the official Leaf Nation paper bags to wear over their heads...
    Respect and admiration equally returned...

I heard that there will be extra medical staff in the building, specially trained in the Heimlich manouvre, in case the Senators choke (again).

Bad-ump-ump!

Respect and admiration equally returned...

I heard that there will be extra medical staff in the building, specially trained in the Heimlich manouvre, in case the Senators choke (again).

Bad-ump-ump!
    Ooohh...

You make a good point - best to bow out meekly in April than to die on the ice in June, eh?

So what big party does TO have planned this year- last year they celebrated 40 years of losing! I'll be sure to return in 2017 for the 50th anniversary...
    "Sixty-seven!!!" (clap...clap...clap, clap, clap!) "Sixty-seven!!!" (clap...clap...clap, clap, clap!)

Question:
    What do the Toronto Blue Jays, Toronto Rapters and the Toronto Maple Leafs have in common?

Ooohh...

Question:
    What do the Toronto Blue Jays, Toronto Rapters and the Toronto Maple Leafs have in common?
    Let me take a stab at this one.
    They uh.... uhm.... I know, they play out of the same city?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Let me take a stab at this one.
    They uh.... uhm.... I know, they play out of the same city?

....pretty good guess.

Geography wasn't quite where I was going...

JSE
    Hockey? Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    Hockey? Yankees.
    No, the Yankees don't play much Hockey. They do play some pretty fair baseball though. Thanks for giving us back our two pitchers.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Ooohh...

You make a good point - best to bow out meekly in April than to die on the ice in June, eh?
    All that wasted time when they could have been focusing on their golf game.

So what big party does TO have planned this year- last year they celebrated 40 years of losing! I'll be sure to return in 2017 for the 50th anniversary...
    "Sixty-seven!!!" (clap...clap...clap, clap, clap!) "Sixty-seven!!!" (clap...clap...clap, clap, clap!)
    If you were a Habs fan I might give you that one, however...
    At least Toronto managed to keep a team that whole time. Um, I'm sorry, when was the last time the Sens won The Cup? Oh that's right, 80 years ago in 1927. So when we're celebrating 50 years, you'll be celebrating...90?!

Question:
    They're from the best damn city in the world!

Oh, she can't be a Leafs fan, her comebacks are pretty good...

If you were a Habs fan I might give you that one, however...
    At least Toronto managed to keep a team that whole time. Um, I'm sorry, when was the last time the Sens won The Cup? Oh that's right, 80 years ago in 1927. So when we're celebrating 50 years, you'll be celebrating...90?!
    Oh come on, the only reason the Leafs exists is because they are lucky enough to live in a market of 6 + million people, by no doing of their own. At least real hockey fans in Ottawa can afford tickets instead of having to drive to Ottawa or Buffalo to see the Leafs...bwa ha ha ha.

Ok, ok...all homerism aside, I'm glad hockey's back...and for our US friends, you're getting a taste of the most bitter rivalry in all of hockey - the Toronto Maple Leafs vs, every other team in the NHL. serious...I thought maybe Yankees/Sox was close...not even!

Question:
    Answer: None of them can play hockey.
    Bwa ha ha ha ha...priceless.

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    No, the Yankees don't play much Hockey. They do play some pretty fair baseball though. Thanks for giving us back our two pitchers.
    For the price, they are all yours!

Anyway, I'm officially MIA for the 13 days. See you guys later.

JSE

Oh come on, the only reason the Leafs exists is because they are lucky enough to live in a market of 6 + million people, by no doing of their own. At least real hockey fans in Ottawa can afford tickets instead of having to drive to Ottawa or Buffalo to see the Leafs...bwa ha ha ha.
    You got me there. I've got a better chance of being struck by lightening then scoring a set of Leafs tickets (unless I want to miss a couple of mortgage payments).

Ok, ok...all homerism aside, I'm glad hockey's back...and for our US friends, you're getting a taste of the most bitter rivalry in all of hockey - the Toronto Maple Leafs vs, every other team in the NHL. serious...I thought maybe Yankees/Sox was close...not even!
    Not every other team. Just the Habs and Sens...okay, maybe Buffalo. And the Sens is only a pretty recent rivalry. I don't usually get into to rivalry game but I made that post just for you, knowing that you'd take the bait. You did and it was good clean fun!

Question:
    Answer: None of them can play hockey.
    Bwa ha ha ha ha...priceless.
    None of them can play baseball either. That's good. You made me laugh out loud with that one.

Only three short months until Lacrosse season!

Lacrosse before Lost. Can you believe it?

Only three short months until Lacrosse season!

Lacrosse before Lost. Can you believe it?
    Oh man, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms for both pretty bad. Is it February yet?

Lost? I thought that was canceled. I deleted it off my DVR's list of things to record.

Being from Pittsburgh you probably can all guess where my loyalty lies...THE PENS. Although from the West I root for Vancouver. I'd love to see it come down to those two teams this year. I think the PENS have a great shot this year if they can stay healthy and pull together.

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    Being from Pittsburgh you probably can all guess where my loyalty lies...THE PENS. Although from the West I root for Vancouver. I'd love to see it come down to those two teams this year. I think the PENS have a great shot this year if they can stay healthy and pull together.
    If you can believe it, I used to own a Vancouver jersey and a Penguins sweatshirt. An ex-boyfriend bought me the jersey because I said that I liked the colours (?!) and I bought the sweatshirt because I liked the Penguin logo and it was on sale really cheap at the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go paint my face blue.

If you can believe it, I used to own a Vancouver jersey and a Penguins sweatshirt. An ex-boyfriend bought me the jersey because I said that I liked the colours (?!) and I bought the sweatshirt because I liked the Penguin logo and it was on sale really cheap at the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go paint my face blue.
    Which Penguin Logo? The current one or the one used from 1993-around 200?

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I know yer not talkin' to me...eh?

Ya, tis a great thing to be starting another season. I fear for the Ottawa fans since they're already counting on prospects to fill out the defensive corps. Toronto looks a bit better on paper. You gotta love having fourth liners with cup rings, but again...Vesa (and Hal Gill skates slower than I run).

P-Skies' Penguins look good too. Everyone knows about Malkin and Cry...Dive...er,Crosby but they've got some solid kids in support roles. Fleury ain't ready though.

Frankly, I still watch for individuals. I've still got some guys doing the deal down Dallas-way, and for the Islanders, and for Anaheim. I tend to be a bit mercenary. Great hockey is great hockey no matter what...

I'll tell you this, I don't think the Sharks are done trying to buy a cup yet. They're still relatively comfortably under the salary cap and could surprise some people. And, the mercy acquisition of JR could prove to be great ROI if he does anything other than run his pie-hole.

We shall see...and that's half the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    I know yer not talkin' to me...eh?

Ya, tis a great thing to be starting another season. I fear for the Ottawa fans since they're already counting on prospects to fill out the defensive corps. Toronto looks a bit better on paper. You gotta love having fourth liners with cup rings, but again...Vesa (and Hal Gill skates slower than I run).

P-Skies' Penguins look good too. Everyone knows about Malkin and Cry...Dive...er,Crosby but they've got some solid kids in support roles. Fleury ain't ready though.

Frankly, I still watch for individuals. I've still got some guys doing the deal down Dallas-way, and for the Islanders, and for Anaheim. I tend to be a bit mercenary. Great hockey is great hockey no matter what...

I'll tell you this, I don't think the Sharks are done trying to buy a cup yet. They're still relatively comfortably under the salary cap and could surprise some people. And, the mercy acquisition of JR could prove to be great ROI if he does anything other than run his pie-hole.

We shall see...and that's half the fun.
    Hey hey hey....just like Lemiuex, Crosby is the guy everyone complains about...UNTIL HE PLAYS ON YOUR TEAM. Fortunately both are loyal to Pittsburgh, and if anything can be said about Lemiuex it's his loyalty to The Burg. Not too many players these days stay loyal from the beginning to the end, even Gretzsky moved around a bit.

... and meanwhile, the Cup is lounging on the beach and ready to go surfing here in California!

In growing up rooting for the pre-Gretzky Kings though (yes, I remember when they wore those purple and gold unis so that they could color coordinate with the Lakers), it hurt to watch those upstart Ducks get their names on the Cup having only come into existence the year after the Kings' lone trip to the Finals in 1993! (As painful as that 1993 loss to Montreal was, I could only imagine the collective suicide watch in the TO after native son Gretzky single-handedly led the L.A. Kings to that Game 7 conference finals win over the Leafs)
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Chicago, and Florida are 2 teams to watch for this year...LA too, maybe if Cammalleri finally becomes the player he's suppose to be.

Sens 4, Leafs 3...The Heat Is On.....Heatley resigns, and pots the winner! Woo hoo!

Chicago, and Florida are 2 teams to watch for this year...LA too, maybe if Cammalleri finally becomes the player he's suppose to be.

Sens 4, Leafs 3...The Heat Is On.....Heatley resigns, and pots the winner! Woo hoo!

Who did the Leafs have in goal?

Quote Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    Hey hey hey....just like Lemiuex, Crosby is the guy everyone complains about...UNTIL HE PLAYS ON YOUR TEAM. Fortunately both are loyal to Pittsburgh, and if anything can be said about Lemiuex it's his loyalty to The Burg. Not too many players these days stay loyal from the beginning to the end, even Gretzsky moved around a bit.

Yeah, everyone wanted Lemieux on their team--the magic man, playoff performer. Four cups with four teams and a reputation as the chippiest player at crunchtime. Okay, there was a wee bit of controversy surrounding his style. I lived in Detroit when "the hit" on Drapes occured, but all that for boarding a dudes mug in the glass...

...oh wait, you meant that Mario cat? He was alright too, I suppose. His production kinda dropped when Coffey and that big Yugoslavian guy who's gonna ruin Scotty Gomez and Drury's careers left town.

I read ya. If Claude's a ten then I'll give Mario a six point two.

I'm just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Yeah, everyone wanted Lemieux on their team--the magic man, playoff performer. Four cups with four teams and a reputation as the chippiest player at crunchtime. Okay, there was a wee bit of controversy surrounding his style. I lived in Detroit when "the hit" on Drapes occured, but all that for boarding a dudes mug in the glass...

...oh wait, you meant that Mario cat? He was alright too, I suppose. His production kinda dropped when Coffey and that big Yugoslavian guy who's gonna ruin Scotty Gomez and Drury's careers left town.

I read ya. If Claude's a ten then I'll give Mario a six point two.

I'm just sayin'.
    Whaaaaaaa? Claude Lemieux in the same sentence as Mario? Whew, that's just not right. Mario Lemieux is either the 1st or 2nd greatest player to ever play the game of hockey and would be hands-down the number 1 if not plagued by a disease and back issues. I am not making up excuses, but for anyone to come back from this disease and not only catch Pat Lafountaine, but blow by him.....I rest my case. Stats combined with games played show that Lemieux and Gretzsky are nearly neck and neck in terms of pts/game played.

How many Cups he got? I rest my case.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information