Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cool Mexico legalizes narcotics.

This is very interesting.

Mexico's Congress approved a bill Friday (president said he will sign it) decriminalizing possession of small amounts of marijuana, ecstasy, cocaine and heroin for personal use. Officials say they hope the measure will allow police to focus on large-scale trafficking operations rather than minor drug busts.

Although this bill maintains criminal penalties for drug sales, criminal charges will no longer be brought for possession of up to 25 milligrams of heroin, 5 grams of marijuana (about one-fifth of an ounce) or 0.5 gram of cocaine.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...eadlines-world

That won't stop them from coming here illegally!
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

In my best "Cheech Marin" voice...."ROADDDDDD TRIPPPPPP"
    TV: LG 50PC3D plasma tv
    Receiver: Yamaha RX-V659
    DVD: Philips DVP5960
    Speakers: front/Paradigm Monitor 3 v.4, surround/Paradigm Atoms v.4, center/Paradigm CC290 v.5, sub/Paradigm PDR-12
    Remote: Harmony 659

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Is that place fuc$ up or what. I read the illegals what free college for there kids because its to $$$$. Ya know what,we just might pay for that. It seems whatever they demand,they get.I dont know what the heck is going on but i'm starting to have a real bad attitude towards the whole thing like fuc$ them,send them all back. I know that not very nice but i'm getting there.I wonder how this would be going is they were going to Cuba,China,Russia,France,Germany.
    Look & Listen

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    They need to leagalize drugs and be controlled by legitimate business and government. Then their people will not be so anxious to come to the US. They will be getting rich off of the tourist trade. The US will be coming to them. If they get us stoned they will be able to charge whatever they want for a taco.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

If they cared about jobs and middle class,they would built along the 100's of miles of beachfront that has nothing,nothing but sand along there coast. The jobs they could create,the tourist money coming in,all that and they doing nothing for as long as i can remember. I dont get it.
    Look & Listen

Cuba,China,Russia,France,Germany.
    Actually we are trying hard to kick out the Turks, Russians, and Africans. Nothing against them, but this is Germany and this country is for Germans. Go and get some free money elsewhere!
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Actually we are trying hard to kick out the Turks, Russians, and Africans. Nothing against them, but this is Germany and this country is for Germans. Go and get some free money elsewhere!
    Flo my 2 spouse is from Czech and Im glad that she immigrated in Canada.When they came here they work as soon as possible.Was Czech land part of Germany at one time and Germany let the people behind?

Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    Flo my 2 spouse is from Czech and Im glad that she immigrated in Canada.When they came here they work as soon as possible.Was Czech land part of Germany at one time and Germany let the people behind?
    No but we spend the most money in the world council for people around the world. We are the most economically supporting country in the world and have one of the largest imigration numbers in the world (for our size). If they stay in germany and work, thats fine with me. But if you are in my country and live from my tax payments and ruin our schools then i have a clear saying. **** off!

I welcome everyone as long as you dont take advantage of our systems and bother my sibblings in school, which reminds me of the HIGH criminal ratings in Berlin schools which are 80% immigrants and 20% germans,
    Last edited by Florian; 04-30-2006 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    No but we spend the most money in the world council for people around the world. We are the most economically supporting country in the world and have one of the largest imigration numbers in the world. If they stay in germany and work, thats fine with me. But if you are in my country and live from my tax payments and ruin our schools then i have a clear saying. **** off!

I welcome everyone as long as you dont take advantage of our systems and bother my sibblings in school, which reminds me of the HIGH criminal ratings in Berlin schools which are 80% immigrants and 20% germans,
    These problem are in Canada also.Some of them are a burden to the country and think we owe them.They come here with their problem and they become are problem.They say we need immigrant because of aging population and nobody to replace the workforce.They jump the line for work,housing,training while there Canadian people on Welfare and no work experience.I just dont get this.I was looking on immigrant in Germany and it is a large amount from1991 to 2003 14.2 millions and your unemployed stands at 10.5% that would get me mad too Our unemployment stands at 6.3% a 32 year low.
    Last edited by PAT.P; 04-30-2006 at 10:55 AM.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    Is that place fuc$ up or what. I read the illegals what free college for there kids because its to $$$$. Ya know what,we just might pay for that. It seems whatever they demand,they get.I dont know what the heck is going on but i'm starting to have a real bad attitude towards the whole thing like fuc$ them,send them all back. I know that not very nice but i'm getting there.I wonder how this would be going is they were going to Cuba,China,Russia,France,Germany.
    Small and corporate business owns this country let's face it. They want the cheap labor, but complain that our schools are not turning out a quality workforce. This is bullcrap if I ever smelled it. How on one hand do you hire a worker that can barely speak english, and yet say that a person who graduates high school isn't good enough? Or how can you say that American worker won't take certain jobs, and forget to add they won't take them at minimum wage? Business in this country likes cheap labor, and they will lie, cheat, and turn on the American people to get it.

The reason why they get what they want is because our politicians have sold this country out for a vote, and the very wealthy cannot live without their maids, gardeners, and babysitters. The wealthy, hotels, farming, and construction are the blame for all of this by skirting immigration rules, paying under the table, turning their heads on false social security cards and ID's, and avoid paying for workman's comp insurance, and payroll taxes. Anyone who would sit there and tell you that they pay taxes is only half truthful. Most of the time they pay no taxes, and are payed under the table so the company doesn't have to pay payroll taxes or workman comp. This way the they do not rise above the radar, and into the Feds eye.

I am really angry and sickend by this whole fiasco. As a hispanic with a British mix, I am sorry to see the cheapening of American citizenship being used as amnesty for criminals. I am sorry I am not PC, but when you enter a country illiegally, you are a criminal.

Can any tell any country in this world (except the cesspools of civilized society) that you can jump a fence illegally, come into a country, and demand a drivers liscense and citizenship on the spot just because you found a job illegally?

Let's talk about the Mexican government. They recieve about 20 billion dollars a year in wire transfers originating from this country from legal, and illegal workers in this country. That is money that circulates within the economic system of Mexico. They absolutely do not want to see more difficult immigration rules, mass deportation back to their country, and certainly not a wall and military that would prevent illegal from coming. This would be a tremendous blow to the Mexican economy. The Mexican government has been trying to influence our lawmakers for their gain for years. And guess what? They have.

As a whole, I don't think the American people really care about the security of their country, or they would be screaming bloody murder about this. They are however way to busy shopping and consuming to realize that they are no more secure or protected than they were before 9/11. With our southern door wide open, any terrorist could simply jump that fence and do their handy work.

I see many illegal mexicans on our streets protesting, where are the American people demanding that they do immigration like everyone else has. Why do Mexican think that have a right to be here illegally? A recent poll taken in Mexico by AP found that 58% percent of the Mexican public in the poll believed that they have a right to be here illegally. Where do they get this right, and why is it not extended to Carribean Latins (my folks), Asians, Europeans(also my people), and Africans?
    The reality is this isn't just mexicans, but central Americans as well.

Resident Loser put this in the most accurate way I have seen yet. This isn't immigration, this is an invasion, and we are passively letting this happen. Pretty soon they will lay claim to California as their territory, instead of ours.

This is not a racial thing for me and I hate that it is being framed that way. This is a issue of a right way to do things, and the wrong way. Right now we are rewarding the wrong way, and this is a slap in the face to my grandmother who immigrated from England, and my great grandfather who came here from Puerto Rico. I have to let this go, the more I type, the more pissed I get about this.
    Last edited by Sir Terrence the Terrible; 04-30-2006 at 06:24 PM.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

I agree to that in everyway and we have this problem in germany also. Keep germany for germans, America for Americans, and Italiens for Italy. This Multi-Culti Mix doesnt work. But the rights movement is starting again in germany and we are getting mighty pissed at our goverment and illegal imigrants. And we dont mess around! Interesting thing is, that its the same in italy, Holland, England and many more!

If you speakup about it your labled a racist. Saw a protest for the illegals and across the street they were against it and the were being labled racist. I dont care if 10 million come here,just do it the right way and dont tell the US how they want it,they dont have that right yet. I understand you cant round up 10 million people{it wouldnt be right doing that anyway} but something like register and show proof of work and rent/own a place you live and i dont know,stay out of trouble for 3-5 years? But that still screws the people doing the right way that takes what,5,6,7 years and a ton of other stuff they are suppose to do. I dont know,its a tought one but the demanding really pisses me off.
    Look & Listen

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Keep Americans for Americans? The US owes its success to Multi-Culturalism. If the US becomes Xenophobic like some of our European counterparts, THEN we have big problems. But I'm all for legal immigration. Maybe if the US imported more products from Mexico that'd create better jobs there?

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff
    Keep Americans for Americans? The US owes its success to Multi-Culturalism. If the US becomes Xenophobic like some of our European counterparts, THEN we have big problems. But I'm all for legal immigration. Maybe if the US imported more products from Mexico that'd create better jobs there?
    Yes, my example doesnt work for the US because the culture and history is based on a multi culture mix. But its impossible in europe, since each of our countries has a LONG history, deep cultural roots and you cant mix us in a bag on our small place. I still stick to my point about the multi culti mix in europe but the US is quite different.

I agree with Flo on this one. The US model does not work in Europe and what is a real shame is that Europe has not learned from the costly mistakes made by the US concerning emigration.
    In the late 60s and 70 we had jobs a-plenty and an active recruitment drive happend for turkish and yugoslavien workers. To my mind the mistakes cames from the blase' attitude of not actively integrating the foreign workforce. So now we have a third generation people who do not know where they belong and as jobs become scarce, anger is vented at the foreign people who of course retaliate.
    The migrants who come under false pretence are different headache all together. Take muslims from Africa. Why don't these poor people end up in another muslim country, but choose instead christian places? Surely Saudi-Arabia or the Emirates with their wealth could support these muslim bretheren. But there not. Why not?

Peace

Bernd
    Last edited by Bernd; 05-01-2006 at 07:13 AM.
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    It's too bad, too. Becuase most modern European countries have very low birth rates and are going to experience some serious negative growth soon. With out an influx of cheap labor your economies are going to suffer. If you 'keep Germany for Germany" etc. you're going to hit some real hard times and you won't be able to support the high degree of socialized benefits you all love so much.

I was reading recently about the incentives Germany is considering offering to promote babies. Apparently you give mother's two years off, but Mother's can't really return to work because daycare/childcare isn't offered past 1pm. So you don't really encourage women to enter the work force and have families. The incentive I read about was to offer cash for babies, and the part that amazed me was that the cash incentive was income based, with greater incentives going to WEALTHIER families! That stuck me as so very Germanly rational. A proposal like that in the US would end a politicians career.

Anyway, if modern countries want to compete, they need to move past their long histories...

Well, in America a career ends when the public wants to know which President had sex with what worker. :-)

Seriously tough, that IDEA has not been passed and in our country we have a lot more political ideas, actions and number of people with something to say. Its a real Democracy in every way and this idea will get an update for sure.

Our social systems would work if we didnt spend billions on every person who leeches of us. We get invaded from the Turks, Muslims, Russians etc and this brings down our social system. Not to mention all the money the UN, Jews, Africans etc. get from us. Germany is a global power, espc. Technological wise with some of the biggest industrial quality brands in the world. We wouldnt have this problem if we stopped kisses the worlds butt and focus on our own country men.

The integration is a huge problem, when i lived in the US i learned english! When i visit France, i try very hard to use the dictonary. When a Turk visits Germany, he takes our money, gets Free **** nonestop and doesnt give a crap about our culture, language and simply leeches of us like a Parasits (not all but the majority). Russians do the same thing and so does Poland. After the WWII we were not allowed to be proud of our country anymore, but times are changing fast!

Everytime i see a Turkish women in a headdress on the street is pisses me off, Germany is a FREE country and WOMEN and MEN are equal here! We dont want our children growing up thinking its ok that the women is only there for sex and cooking. And yes, this Muslim and Jewish crap (we are the chosen race) doesnt fly here either.

Either adapt to our culture or leave. My point!

Yep, inetgration should mean exactly that. Not the guest country bending over backwards to the detriment of the native citizens.That breeds a feeling of inequality.
    And I take "noddinoffs" point we all need input from other countries but please contribute and don't go to another country and want something for nothing.

Peace

Bernd
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Quote Originally Posted by noddin0ff
    Yes we owe our sucess to multiculturalism. The important point left out is that is was LEGAL multiculturalism, not someone sneeking over your back fence and into your yard.

I am not arguing against LEGAL immigration, I am totally against ILLEGAL immigration, and a reward of citizenship for jumping the fence.

We do not owe any country the action of supporting their economy. Since NAFTA american business especially car and retail have move jobs out of this country, and relocated to Mexico in search of cheaper labor. We are not obligated to buy from any nation just because they are impoverish, and their government doesn't feel the need to take care of its own people. Mexico is our second largest trading partner, with that, why do we need to obsorb folks that cannot get a job in Mexico? I completely understand the symbotic relationship we have with Mexico, but I am also seeing Mexico incroaching on our own soveignity, and when you have 5-12 million people here ILLEGALLY in this country, you canot help but feel Mexico is using the power of immigration to hyjack our nations policies and politics. In other words a full scale invasion.

I am a BIG supporter of immigration. But it has to immigration done right, not wrong and rewarded with amnesty. I am for a guest worker program as long as the rules are followed. If the rules are not followed, and they stay longer than the program allows, I am for having them arrested as criminals. I am sick and tired of education visa (like the ones the 9/11 terrorist used), guest worker, temporary, and temporary work visas being abused by foreigners to this country. I am unwilling to support any more policies that are abuseable with no enforcement to support them. Overstay your visa, or guest worker program, and either deportation or jail awaits you. Arrrrrrrggggggg!!!
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Well lookee there...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Yes we owe our sucess to multiculturalism. The important point left out is that is was LEGAL multiculturalism, not someone sneeking over your back fence and into your yard.

I am not arguing against LEGAL immigration, I am totally against ILLEGAL immigration, and a reward of citizenship for jumping the fence.

We do not owe any country the action of supporting their economy. Since NAFTA american business especially car and retail have move jobs out of this country, and relocated to Mexico in search of cheaper labor. We are not obligated to buy from any nation just because they are impoverish, and their government doesn't feel the need to take care of its own people. Mexico is our second largest trading partner, with that, why do we need to obsorb folks that cannot get a job in Mexico? I completely understand the symbotic relationship we have with Mexico, but I am also seeing Mexico incroaching on our own soveignity, and when you have 5-12 million people here ILLEGALLY in this country, you canot help but feel Mexico is using the power of immigration to hyjack our nations policies and politics. In other words a full scale invasion.

I am a BIG supporter of immigration. But it has to immigration done right, not wrong and rewarded with amnesty. I am for a guest worker program as long as the rules are followed. If the rules are not followed, and they stay longer than the program allows, I am for having them arrested as criminals. I am sick and tired of education visa (like the ones the 9/11 terrorist used), guest worker, temporary, and temporary work visas being abused by foreigners to this country. I am unwilling to support any more policies that are abuseable with no enforcement to support them. Overstay your visa, or guest worker program, and either deportation or jail awaits you. Arrrrrrrggggggg!!!
    ...something else on which we agree...

jimHJJ(...will wonders never cease?...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

this could be a first.

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser

I agree with both Jim and Sir T.

and, no, multi-culturalisation in it's purest form will be the death of this country. In the past. various ethnic groups came here with skills to offer and a desire to blend in. nowadays, they all want to have their own separate identities and ghettos.

Now, identities can be maintained and they can still blend in with mainstream Americia. My wife and inlaws are first and second generation Brasilians who came here to blend in and did so. Why should anyone else have problems?

You come here, you play OUR game. don't expect us to play yours.

After all if their country was so great, why did they leave it in the first place?
    Last edited by markw; 05-01-2006 at 02:27 PM.

Don't get me started on this subject again.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Loser

Jim,
    We have disagreed about so much, the law of averages says we are bound to agree about somethin! LOLOL

I think quite a few Americans agree with us. What puzzles me is why WE are not being heard instead of the illegals? It seems their voices are being amplified over ours, or we are too afraid to speak out. I got my chance when channel 4 stuck their microphone in my face. I am sure they were not ready to hear what I had to say, and they probably won't broadcast it either. I when I told them I was a Latin/english mix, their eyes popped out of their heads!
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Don't get me started on this subject again.
    Boy, do I know how you feel.
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp