Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Very true, Sir T

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Small and corporate business owns this country let's face it. They want the cheap labor, but complain that our schools are not turning out a quality workforce. This is bullcrap if I ever smelled it. How on one hand do you hire a worker that can barely speak english, and yet say that a person who graduates high school isn't good enough? Or how can you say that American worker won't take certain jobs, and forget to add they won't take them at minimum wage? Business in this country likes cheap labor, and they will lie, cheat, and turn on the American people to get it.

As a more or less impartial observer, (Canadian), I agree with you on all points.

On of the more effective thing that the US Goverment could do would be to make it a crime for an employer to hire a worker without proof of legal residency, and enforce this on employers large and small. How come we don't hear much about this -- I think your paragraph above explains the reason in full.

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Whats a small business? Less then or no more then how many? To me a small business is less then 10.
    Look & Listen

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    Whats a small business? Less then or no more then how many? To me a small business is less then 10.
    I always thought that small business was 20 employees or less. However I believe that everyones standards of small business are very different.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Like the gov. I think they belive when they talk about small business being the backbone and all that,they mean 100 or so. When i think about it its 10 or less,the ma and pop business which are all but gone.
    Look & Listen

Forum Regular
    --You did not then possess or present a valid immigrant visa, reentry permit, border crossing identification card, or other valid entry document, to wit, you have entered into the United States illegally with the intent to reside in the United States.--

'Arrr ju talkeeng to me?'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information