• 01-02-2007, 10:40 PM
    Florian
    Lowest playing subwoofer ever measured by Tact Audio
    While i am waiting for the Electronics to be fixed in my speaker (crossovers, computers and amps) i played around with a 3 way passive,1way active solution on the Grand.

In doing so, i managed to set a new record at Tact Audio! :-) The lowest playing subwoofer ever measured by Tact Audio. Flat to 7.5Hz!

Important! This is not the official crossover or electronics! The Tact digital room correction only has to decrase the bass to get a perfeclty flat respsonce. As you can see the system has no dips, only peaks in the bass which is easy to flatten. :-)

http://gallery.audioreview.com/data/audio//500/ms.JPG

• 01-03-2007, 04:30 AM
    kexodusc
    Gettin' aweful close to the brown note, aren't we?
  • 01-03-2007, 05:56 AM
    GMichael
    Ohwa! I... uh... excuse me for a minute?
  • 01-03-2007, 11:27 AM
    basite
    holy fck, is your appartement still in one piece? are your neighbours and you still alive, is there something left of the city you're living in?

really, how did it feel (obiously, you didn't hear it, so)?

you should write to the guinnes book of world records, maybe you get a place in it!!!

guys, does there actually exist such a thing like 0 hz? i think this is impossible but seeing this, I might be wrong...

You might be deaf really soon, but in the meanwhile,
    Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
  • 01-03-2007, 11:38 AM
    GMichael
    OK now Flo.
    Thomas Jordan, director of the Southern California Earthquake Center (SCEC) in Los Angeles called to ask if you could turn your system down a little. Seems it is interfering with his research.
    University of Southern California, SCEC researchers are developing the methods and criteria required to evaluate your system. Please hold off on anymore testing until they are ready.
  • 01-03-2007, 03:47 PM
    Dusty Chalk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by basite
    guys, does there actually exist such a thing like 0 hz?

Yeah, it's called DC. You really don't want your speakers involved with that, it'll ruin the driver.
  • 01-03-2007, 06:00 PM
    jrhymeammo
    Be very careful Flo, I hear it's a peak mating season for elephants in Germany.

J-Murda
  • 01-04-2007, 04:27 AM
    Florian
    :) Hehe, thank goodness for the Tact and its adjustments. It will be flat ones i use the actual crossovers and amp for it. Pretty cool nonetheless! :-)

It feels "unexpected" everything just rumbles and is in your gut. Quite cool actually!
  • 01-04-2007, 05:57 AM
    GMichael
    Bet the women love it. :ihih: