M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar

Life is full of changes and I like it!

These last few months have been filled with so many changes, I am getting a whiplash trying to keep up.

I am now an empty nester (to a degree), and I thought the experience would be horrible. My boys are like my left and right arms, and I thought their departure would leave me feeling lonely. Well, that is not the case thanks to two new additions to the household in the form of Pepper, a pit bull/lab mix, and Bodhi, a $hitzu/apso mix rescues. It has been a while since I had a dog (let alone two), and the fun I am having with these two is truly refreshing. The pit mix is a big baby at 1.5 years old, and the little bratty $hitzu mix is three. They get along so well, but the little $hitzu runs the pit, keeping him in line and under control. The pit is my new running partner, and boy can that dog run. We ran 4 miles yesterday, and when done, he looked at my like "is that all you got?". The shizu is uppidity, and will turn his nose up in a minute. I just got certified by Cesar Milan after spending a week at his dog crib, and these two are my first dogs in training.

I resigned as a reviewer at Blu-ray.com as I just do not have the time to keep up with the pace of reviews. As their music reviewer, I was doing a little more than five reviews a week, and a promotion at the slave house (my great job), and a burgeoning freelance work load (along with two dogs) killed my review time dead. Blu-ray.com was a great place to work, has great reviewers who are very, very cool, and was a great side job/hobby, and I will miss it much. The work was extremely stimulating, and really opened my mind and ears to a lot of music I would not have normally listen to.

After many years of planning and saving, and with the help of my friends/investors, I am going to finally be opening back up my post production studio in just one month. Having spent a year on design plans, auditioning equipment, and looking at spaghetti like wiring plans, everything has finally come together and the facility will be complete almost 8 years after demolishing my old studio. The complexity of this facility boggles the mind, but it is a state of the art studio complete with a Sony 4k projector, 10,000 watts of power, and beautiful custom made 4 way horn loaded screen speakers, and 3 way horn loaded surround speaker array. The mixing board is an old 96 channel custom upgraded Neve board with the lastest pro-tools suite. I wanted to retire from the corporate world, and go with freelancing in my last working days, and now that opportunity is coming. I will mainly be working on mixing Disney DVD's and Blurays, and Disney's television programming out of this studio, as I do not think my boss would be willing to let me completely out of the Disney family. I am thrilled at all of this, and my days in the corporate world are winding down, and I couldn't be happier.

Life changes....keep um coming!
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Suspended
    Congrats Sir T, all the best to you, and I'll have plenty of wisecracks for ya later.

Congrats from me as well T. Sounds like things are going well.

Our CEO here has a Rotti and a tiny (multise something). The tiny one runs his house too. Funny how that works out.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    you'll do post-production with horn monitors? back loaded? pics?

single-driver speaker enthusiast myself, ain't built no horns (yet)
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Congats on all the positive changes SirT! I'm always happy to hear when things are going well for people.

And congrats on the rescues. Having rescued two adorable cats this year, it does the heart good to know that you've saved a wonderful pet.

On a more serious note...you can't say Shitzu here?

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    On a more serious note...you can't say Shitzu here?
    Huh? You just did.

Sounds like a great move, Sir T, good luck with it. No doubt you'll do well.

I'll be retiring in just over 4 months. That will be a big change for me. I don't know what I'll do afterwards. At the moment I'm feeling too beaten and weary to give it much serious though.

My pension will be small, so I might have to become a Walmart greeter or something like that.

Sir T the T... Remarkable you survived intact w/401k hopefully the same... your experience will keep you in demand...and as Disney probably owns all your contributions and abhors a vaccuum they will be knocking on your door. Hope it's the Front Door...
    BTW you are now Required to have a T-Shirt emblazoned with "I Don't Give A ****zu"
    Everybody else can recognise and proclaim their love of the Breed... should I not have rightly capitalized the Name of a Centuries Old Canine Standard ?? 'Poopzu' doesn't have the same ring...'DooDoozu' ? Am embarrassed that I might have offended the sensitivities of
    any members not familiar with Canine Nomenclature...I stand corrected and censo***... (for those who are offended by the venacular of the 'Black-Listed Era'...uh oh... The Jack-Boots are Knocking... (AIF) all in fun...please.
    Last edited by OCDAudio; 10-22-2009 at 05:45 PM.

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Terrence as I said on the treatment thread, I hope you post LOTS of pics of this new facility. Sounds exciting, good luck....

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Way to go Sir T...

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    I'll be retiring in just over 4 months. That will be a big change for me. I don't know what I'll do afterwards. At the moment I'm feeling too beaten and weary to give it much serious though.

My pension will be small, so I might have to become a Walmart greeter or something like that.
    What you'll do? That'll sort itself out.

I meet hundreds of retirees every year because of my job. I never get tired of hearing the stories about how worried people were before retirement, only to discover it was the most fulfilling time of their lives. You've got hobbies, family, friends...you'll be fine.

You spent your whole life getting up for someone else every morning. Now it's time to get up for yourself, Mr. Feanor. If you need an idea...New Brunswick is beautiful in March...

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    My mother-in-law was forced into retirement at 69 and had no idea what to do with her time. She also has a very meagre pension. She discovered that seniors could enrol in university with free tuition, she only had to pay for books. At 78 she graduated with a B.A. from the University of Toronto...the first person in her family to earn a university degree.

Maybe you should look into spending some time at Western. I can you see you fitting into academia life quite nicely.

...or maybe Sir T can give you a job.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    My mother-in-law was forced into retirement at 69 and had no idea what to do with her time. She also has a very meagre pension. She discovered that seniors could enrol in university with free tuition, she only had to pay for books. At 78 she graduated with a B.A. from the University of Toronto...the first person in her family to earn a university degree.

Maybe you should look into spending some time at Western. I can you see you fitting into academia life quite nicely.

...or maybe Sir T can give you a job.
    Thanks, FA and Kex, you are reassuring.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    I want to thank everyone for all of the kind words. Maybe I will be less cranky, onery and cantankerous in the future ($1 to Worf for that!). I still have five years left before retirement, but it is nice to get the ball rolling in that direction. It is going to be great going back to just mixing rather than being in management. I consider myself more of a creative type rather than a management type(my boss just does not agree with this), so it will be nice going back to just mixing only, and not be burden with making big business related decisions. Instead of managing a big post production operation, I will be managing a much smaller one, and oh what a relief that will be.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs