Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks View Post
    Thank you, thank you, thank you....a daily, neverending supply of Greenies for you...let's make us some brand-spankin' new, tax-paying citizens!
    If the Democrats were in charge of house and senate, I could see this happening. As long as the Republicans have the house, there is a not a snowballs chance in hell this will happen. This is about long term votes, and Latino's and most minorities don't usually vote their way. This would also infuriate the Tea Party group, and create a further chasm between the old school Republicans politicians and them.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael View Post
    I say, round them all up. Give them all the paperwork needed to become legal. Then hand them a pen. Don't let them leave until they have filled out all the papers. Once filled out, they are free to go, but must follow all the same rules my wife had to when she came here. Number one on that list to to inform the proper authorities if and when they move.

Thank you for playing by the rules.

Add Locking down the border to that and we would be well on our way to solving the problem. I don't think you can have one without the other. Can you imagine the flood of illegal crossings if they knew all they had to do in sneak over to become legal?

jvc
    This country is in a state of extreme unemployment. Now Obama wants to give illegals access to the few jobs that are still out there. We need to get that man out of the white house, as quick as possible. We got change alright! We also need to get all new people into congress and senate. Now Obama's using "executive privilege" to hide papers, that he and others don't want seen. After these three years, a lot of people still don't see him for what he is! Don't give him a second term..............
    1080p Samsung HL61A750 LED DLP
    Onkyo TX-SR805 receiver
    Oppo BDP-83 blu ray player
    Polk Audio LSi9 front speakers
    Polk Audio LSiC center speaker
    Sony SS-MB100H rear speakers
    SVS PC12-NSD powered subwoofer
    Pioneer PL-514 turntable
    Logitech Harmony 628 Universal Remote

Thanks for sticking to the topic JVC, if you are looking for work they are hiring pickers for the up coming watermelon harvest this summer in Imperial county, Ca. temps only average around 110-125 and 100 at night.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Quote Originally Posted by jvc View Post
    This country is in a state of extreme unemployment. Now Obama wants to give illegals access to the few jobs that are still out there. We need to get that man out of the white house, as quick as possible. We got change alright! We also need to get all new people into congress and senate. Now Obama's using "executive privilege" to hide papers, that he and others don't want seen. After these three years, a lot of people still don't see him for what he is! Don't give him a second term..............
    So Obama is trying to get Latino votes by offering a humane option to a small minority of undocumented workers. The impact on the employment situation will be negligible.

The real problem has always been the "wink, nudge" attitude towards illegal immigration by the quiet constituency the benefits from cheap, unregulated labor. Without the eagerness of various farmers, small businesses, and domestic help seekers to exploit these workers, there would be no significant illegal immigrant problem. This constituency, BTW, is heavily Republican.

Recent polls, as hear, show Obama ahead of Romney on almost everything except the economy. The irony is that there is no area where Romney policies would do more harm. "Bribe the Rich" is a 30 year old policy that has only lead to declining real incomes for the middle class; why do voters think that more-of-the-same will work now? Plus austerity in a recession is madness.

This country is in a state of extreme unemployment. Now Obama wants to give illegals access to the few jobs that are still out there. We need to get that man out of the white house, as quick as possible.
    You obviously do not understand the law at all. It is the kids of illegals who were dragged here by there parents that will benefit from the laws. They had no choice in coming here, their parents did.

We got change alright! We also need to get all new people into congress and senate. Now Obama's using "executive privilege" to hide papers, that he and others don't want seen. After these three years, a lot of people still don't see him for what he is! Don't give him a second term..............
    Bush used executive priviledge to hide facts about the Iraq war, are you going to hold him as accountable as you are holding Obama? Probably not, it is only bad when the "other" guy does it.
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post
    Bush used executive priviledge to hide facts about the Iraq war, are you going to hold him as accountable as you are holding Obama? Probably not, it is only bad when the "other" guy does it.
    T, I think you're engaging in the same kind of polarizing politics against which you have earlier railed. Of course when the "other" guy does it it's wrong but that doesn't change the fact that when "your" guy does it it's wrong too. Two wrongs don't make a right, as it were.

Off topic, my greater concern with the current implementation of Executive Orders (by both Bush2 and the President) is the facilitation of secret keeping and trampling on Civil Rights.

Nixon, who was widely regarded as a political hack and a lizard and a deviant used Executive Orders to enact Affirmative Action, the EPA, and the move off the Gold Standard. This was done to rapidly enact (debatably) needed programs and avoid time consuming debate and political maneuvering. To wit; to address human suffering, also seen multiple times in our nation's history in disaster releif.

Conversely, let's examine "The Fast and the Furious" scandal which essentially breaks down to, "We're going to give untrackable guns to Mexican drug cartels so we can track them...huh? Does that seem like a good idea. And, now EOs are being used to shield non-elected bureaucratic administrators from accountability.

Clearly there's a difference of intent and I don't care if it's the Left or the Right, it's wrong...
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    After these three years, a lot of people still don't see him for what he is!
    I'll bite. What is he?

... let's examine "The Fast and the Furious" scandal which essentially breaks down to, "We're going to give untrackable guns to Mexican drug cartels so we can track them...huh? Does that seem like a good idea. And, now EOs are being used to shield non-elected bureaucratic administrators from accountability.

Clearly there's a difference of intent and I don't care if it's the Left or the Right, it's wrong...
    Bad idea for sure, but is the intent of the executive order to protect bureaucrats whose reputations are in danger? Or operatives whose lives are in danger? Or was the whole operation just to facilitate a domestic assault weapon ban? We'll never know so opponents are free to make scurrilous speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin View Post
    I'll bite. What is he?
    A man, but no biting please.

(not without a safe word)
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael View Post
    A man, but no biting please.

(not without a safe word)
    The safe word is banana . . . banana. Repeat it back to me before we start.

T, I think you're engaging in the same kind of polarizing politics against which you have earlier railed. Of course when the "other" guy does it it's wrong but that doesn't change the fact that when "your" guy does it it's wrong too. Two wrongs don't make a right, as it were.
    Please, don't enterpret my comments as being partisan. Wrong is wrong, and unfair is unfair, no matter which side you look at it in my opinion. Clinton is as responsible for this economic mess as Bush is. He did sign the legislative bill that overturned Glass/Segal. So I totally disagree with you on the angle of my engagement on this issue.

Off topic, my greater concern with the current implementation of Executive Orders (by both Bush2 and the President) is the facilitation of secret keeping and trampling on Civil Rights.
    This current implementation has been going on for years. Don't think the current implementation started with Bush2 or Obama. This action is just more open to the public eyes via the 24hr a day news cycle.

Nixon, who was widely regarded as a political hack and a lizard and a deviant used Executive Orders to enact Affirmative Action, the EPA, and the move off the Gold Standard. This was done to rapidly enact (debatably) needed programs and avoid time consuming debate and political maneuvering. To wit; to address human suffering, also seen multiple times in our nation's history in disaster releif.
    So now you see how tools can be used for good, and for not so good. Keep in mind, we are in a different era from the Nixon days. At least back then our polictians could agree to disagree, and still get something done.

Conversely, let's examine "The Fast and the Furious" scandal which essentially breaks down to, "We're going to give untrackable guns to Mexican drug cartels so we can track them...huh? Does that seem like a good idea. And, now EOs are being used to shield non-elected bureaucratic administrators from accountability.
    This does not seem any different from the contra/iran scandal, nor the disillusionment of the Vietnam war. Different day, same kind of lying twisted tactics.

I agree.
    Sir Terrence

Oppo BDP-103D
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    THX Style Baffle wall

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Bad idea for sure, but is the intent of the executive order to protect bureaucrats whose reputations are in danger? Or operatives whose lives are in danger? Or was the whole operation just to facilitate a domestic assault weapon ban? We'll never know so opponents are free to make scurrilous speculation.
    Frankly, I don't think even a high level agent through the gate of the White House, much less into the West Wing, with the intention to divulge that kind of plan to the President. There's no plausible deniability so I can't believe President Obama actually knew about the plan.

I suspect that he may be covering for someone he views as an ally within the bureaucracy.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I wonder what good jobs the immigrants/illegals are taking away? The few that are still left?

Used to be a kids job where I grew up in Tennessee, picking berries, apples and such. And in Michigan. Washington state too. My wife made a lot of her spending money that way when she was a teenager. I mowed lawns, bailed hay, painted houses, etc. Back then child labor laws weren't that enforced - in most of my experiences weren't that necessary. Oh, I could go into a few stories where I was completely ripped off (did the work, wasn't paid). That was in small towns, on small farms. I remember there were a few immigrant workers on those farms.

I'm sure a lot of illegal aliens are doing jobs no one else wants to do. I'm sure some of them are paid a fair wage. I'm sure most of them wouldn't rat out a boss for being over-worked and under-paid. I'll bet a lot of the people who may have refused to do certain jobs in the past will have a change of heart before everything is said and done.

BTW: If there wasn't a market for illegal aliens, they wouldn't be here. Illegal aliens don't drive the market for illegal aliens.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Forum Regular
    Generally, the immigration program of Grenada has been designed for students, skilled workers and investors or businessmen. So depending upon your purpose, you can obtain your visa, but a student visa is a little faster than the remaining two. But I wanna recommend you to contact Migronis and ask them for help.

Forum Regular
    Migration to the USA is much easier than in Europe. It's just that I am an immigrant, and since at one time, I immigrated to Portugal. From my own experience, I can say that in Portugal, a passport here will cost 10 times cheaper than in Europe or the United States, and with this citizenship, you will receive a full list of benefits. It will not be possible to describe everything here, and it is better to look at the site https://immigrantinvest.com/ru/blog/...f-in-portugal/ and read.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information