Kitchen Pictures

Printable View

• 11-18-2008, 08:11 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    1 Attachment(s)
    Kitchen Pictures
    We're finally done. Well, not completely, we still have to buy furniture, paint and decorate. But the actual kitchen installation is done.

Let's begin with a reminder of what we started with...
  • 11-18-2008, 08:12 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    1 Attachment(s)
    Taken from the same spot earlier tonight.
  • 11-18-2008, 08:16 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    1 Attachment(s)
    This glass cabinet actually hides a big floor to ceiling pillar. The cabinet comes out about 16 inches from the wall, but the shelves are only about 6 inches deep because of the pillar hidden behind. This is the feature that sold us on our designer.
  • 11-18-2008, 08:21 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    1 Attachment(s)
    Why can't I just post photos without text?
  • 11-18-2008, 08:23 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    1 Attachment(s)
    LaLaLaLaLa
  • 11-18-2008, 08:26 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    1 Attachment(s)
    And finally...
  • 11-19-2008, 04:39 AM
    JohnMichael
    Very, very nice you should be proud. My people would approve.
  • 11-19-2008, 04:41 AM
    Worf101
    Beautiful....
    Schweet.... but meus onus biggus slobbus, and all that white, whew, it'd be a mess in no time. I'm glad it's finished though. Thought I was gonna have to come up and lay the muscle to a couple of contractors fer ya.

Da Worfster
  • 11-19-2008, 06:16 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Jeeeeezz ma'am what a difference! With your old kitchen it would've been so easy to clear all that stuff out and put a pool table in place. I like the brushed nickel(?) appliances, and I like that you have an honest-to-gosh breakfast bar there. And oh that dark hardwood floor. :yesnod: But I can't tell if that's the Cuisinart coffee maker like the one I have.

I hope though that this doesn't mean you'll be spending more time in the kitchen, thus eating more and thus losing that sweet girlish figure of yours... :ihih:
  • 11-19-2008, 06:32 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Jeeeeezz ma'am what a difference! With your old kitchen it would've been so easy to clear all that stuff out and put a pool table in place. I like the brushed nickel(?) appliances, and I like that you have an honest-to-gosh breakfast bar there. And oh that dark hardwood floor. :yesnod: But I can't tell if that's the Cuisinart coffee maker like the one I have.

I hope though that this doesn't mean you'll be spending more time in the kitchen, thus eating more and thus losing that sweet girlish figure of yours... :ihih:

The coffee maker is indeed the Cuisinart Grind and Brew. Good eye.

And, actually, having the kitchen finished means that I can cook proper meals again and regain my sweet girlish figure. Not having a kitchen since June meant a lot of dining out and fast food. It's had a toll on us both, weight and health wise. Now it's time to cut the fat and sodium and get back to good health.

Oh, and there's a perfect spot in the basement for a pool table. We just have to knock out a wall. But the basement reno is still several years off. Maybe just an air hockey table in the meantime. :)

And Worf...now you offer???? Thanks man. There's lots more renos to get done. We have a five year plan to transform the house (our last five year plan took 12 years :(). So I might still call you into duty at some point.
  • 11-19-2008, 06:39 AM
    kexodusc
    Wow, FA...that's quite the transformation. Don't worry about the white. We renovated the kitchen in the last house to white cabinets too - they clean pretty well and don't get nearly as dirty as many think. Of course, we don't have kids....

Glad it's all worked out for you in the end. You'll enjoy it that much more.
  • 11-19-2008, 07:02 AM
    Feanor
    Envious
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    And finally...

Looking great, FA. I'd better not show this to my wife: she'd definitely be envious.
  • 11-19-2008, 07:07 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    The coffee maker is indeed the Cuisinart Grind and Brew. Good eye.

I remember talking about it in your previous thread about the upcoming remodeling.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FA
    Oh, and there's a perfect spot in the basement for a pool table. We just have to knock out a wall. But the basement reno is still several years off. Maybe just an air hockey table in the meantime. :)

Psst... GM... she needs a wall knocked out for the pool table. :ihih:
  • 11-19-2008, 07:10 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor
    Looking great, FA. I'd better not show this to my wife: she'd definitely be envious.

Yeah Bill, if she sees it she'll want the same, and then you'll NEVER be able to bring your A/V equipment into the 21st century will you? :nonod:
  • 11-19-2008, 07:58 AM
    Feanor
    My very thought
    Quote:

Yeah Bill, if she sees it she'll want the same, and then you'll NEVER be able to bring your A/V equipment into the 21st century will you? :nonod:

You got that right, Rich :ihih:
  • 11-19-2008, 08:09 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    I won't tell her. I'd say my silence HAS to be worth at least a six-pack of Sleeman's, don't you agree? :ihih:

Psst... Cartman, are you paying attention here?
  • 11-19-2008, 08:30 AM
    Feanor
    You'll recall
    Quote:

I won't tell her. I'd say my silence HAS to be worth at least a six-pack of Sleeman's, don't you agree? :ihih:

I've already offered to send you Honey Brown samples assuming FedEx or USPS will accept liquids. Not sure about a sixpack though ;).
  • 11-19-2008, 08:43 PM
    bobsticks
    Great stuff, Autumn. What a huge difference...brighter, efficient...Looks like it was worth the effort. Nice work.
  • 11-20-2008, 11:20 AM
    JSE
    Quote:

I already have my Canadian Secret Operatives looking into covert contact the "wife of Feanor" with yellow envelope in hand containing screen prints of FA's kitchen and a message of "Will this work?, Love Feanor" Of course, this covert contact can always halted if and agreement on the Sleeman can be reached. They have orders to contact me once they have located Ms. Feanor so I can give them the goahead on delivering the package.

BTW...........FA, that is one nice kitchen. Looks like they did a outstanding job. Congrats!
  • 11-20-2008, 11:58 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Excellent Inspector JSE! :thumbsup:
  • 11-20-2008, 12:20 PM
    GMichael
    FA, Great job. I don't normally like white, but it looks good the way you have it. And you know I luv the satin finishes. Nice!

JM, My people?

Tex, good eye indeed.

FA, The Cuisinart Grind and Brew is the way to go. We've got the 900 model and luv it.

Worf, You can help with the pool table maybe?
  • 11-20-2008, 01:43 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GMichael
    FA, Great job. I don't normally like white, but it looks good the way you have it. And you know I luv the satin finishes. Nice!

Thanks GM.

I don't like white either. I find it very bright and harsh on the eyes. But this isn't actually white. It's more of an almond colour. It gives it that nice bright clean look but is much softer on the eyes.

I originally wanted wood cabinets, hubby wanted white. The almond turned out to be a nice compromise. :)
  • 11-20-2008, 01:47 PM
    bobsticks
    The stainless has a nice look of course. Very clean and modern. I would think the only takeaway would be the distance of the 'fridge from the prep area...small quibble, and if small quibbles are all that's left it means the project was a success.

Clearly though the next item on the agenda should be a rawkin' kitchen system.
  • 11-20-2008, 06:51 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsticks
    The stainless has a nice look of course. Very clean and modern. I would think the only takeaway would be the distance of the 'fridge from the prep area...small quibble, and if small quibbles are all that's left it means the project was a success.

Clearly though the next item on the agenda should be a rawkin' kitchen system.

I agree with you about the fridge location. We actually discussed that during the design process, but there really wasn't anywhere else to put it. The problem with fridges is that they require a certain amount of space to open the door.

We're working on the kitchen sound system. I'll likely go with quality over quantity, since the kitchen is in close proximity to the TV and the main rig. A small system that I can plug my iPod into and pump some tunes while I cook is all that I really need. In addition to that, we'll probably, eventually wire some kitchen speakers to the main system so that we can pump the tunes through the whole main floor. :2:
  • 11-21-2008, 04:28 AM
    Wits
    A very nice improvement indeed, FA!!

I :sad: (weep) for a kitchen as nice as yours has become! :biggrin5: