• 04-19-2004, 04:28 PM
    Woochifer
    Just in case Bush is still trying to think of a mistake he's made...
    The DNC put together a mock ad on their website with some clips of last week's press conference, and some suggested answers to the question that our great global leader had no answer for.

http://mfile.akamai.com/8082/rm/www....o/mistakes.ram
  • 04-19-2004, 04:57 PM
    woodman
    Most "mistakes" that Dubya makes occur when he opens his mouth and inserts one or sometimes both feet. However, a couple of days ago I saw him on a news broadcast make a colossal boo-boo without saying a word!

He was exiting a meeting somewhere with his semi-beautiful wife on his arm and the usual entourage of Secret Service agents surrounding him. The TV camera(s) were to his left - and he started waving cheerily to his right, and since the cameras were pointed in that direction, they very clearly showed him to be waving to absolutely [b]nobody[/b[ but grass and trees! There wasn't a soul anywhere in sight for him to be waving to, but did that deter him? Not on your life! It cracked me up.
  • 04-19-2004, 11:06 PM
    paul_pci
    Quote:

Originally Posted by woodman
    Most "mistakes" that Dubya makes occur when he opens his mouth and inserts one or sometimes both feet. However, a couple of days ago I saw him on a news broadcast make a colossal boo-boo without saying a word!

He was exiting a meeting somewhere with his semi-beautiful wife on his arm and the usual entourage of Secret Service agents surrounding him. The TV camera(s) were to his left - and he started waving cheerily to his right, and since the cameras were pointed in that direction, they very clearly showed him to be waving to absolutely [b]nobody[/b[ but grass and trees! There wasn't a soul anywhere in sight for him to be waving to, but did that deter him? Not on your life! It cracked me up.

First: thanks for the link Wooch, it's great, but somehow just too easy.

Anyway, Jimmy Kimmel did a great side by side clip of Tony Blair speaking about what is to come in Iraq and then Bush speaking, who could not LITERALLY utter a complete statement. It was so poignant and embarrassing at the same time. And to think that Bush and Kerry are still nose to nose in the polls just makes me weep for the state of our populous.
  • 04-20-2004, 06:07 AM
    bturk667
    I like when stated that maybe he is not as quick on his feet as he should be to come up with one. Yeah, Bush quick on his feet? Not with that mind!