Kam

College Week 5, Pro Week 4

The Big Ten is flipped on its head. Michigan is looking weak going to MSU while Indiana at Wisconsin is a battle of unbeatens, as is Minn at Penn State. Whoda thunk it?

Some big matchups this week in the SEC and PAC10.

Gators v. Tide - after barely passing the home test against UT, florida goes to tuscaloosa! Alabama didnt look all that great against an arkansas team that USC annihilated (albeit at usc, never underestimate home field advantage in college, it really is huge). But i think leak leads the gators to another victory. As much as i hate picking them, uf wins.

USC v. ASU - so this is supposed to be the pitfall game, everyone thinking the sundevils will be the ones to trip up usc. well the only problem being EVERYONE been saying it. not like the usc players havent been hearing it, even as much as they were looking pass the ducks to this game. i think usc will be just fine, if they get upset, it'll come out of nowhere, not the place everyone thinks they'll get upset at. (my guess.... either at notre dame or ucla at home but forget i just mentioned the irish).

ND v. Purdue - if i'm gonna be picking dem irish to pull off an upset against usc, i guess they SHOULD win here... but yet again.. i bleed too much 'cane. can't pick em.

South Florida v. 'Canes - even their symbol looks a lot like the "U" of miami. they crushed previous #9 louisville, so i'm sure that got the 'canes attention. we'll do fine. miami proves they're no louisville.

Trip Up Games:
    VTech v. WVU - west virginia just always seems to have vatech's number. i think this could be a trip up game for vatech, or closer than it should be. vatech is freaky good, but sometimes its tough when everyone says 'the showdown with miami on november 5th' when its only sept 29th.

Miss v. Joe Pa - gotta root for joe pa.

Pro:
    For the first time in 15 years i'm enjoying a profootball season.
    Texans v. Bengals - FOUR - 0. PLAYOFFS!!!!!!

Monday night game of Packers v. Panthers doesn't look too fun. albeit favre is fun to watch, but... eh.

peace
    k2
    /create

Hey Kam!

I've been missing out on these college football posts. I'll have to stop in more often.

Can you believe the Tide shellacked Florida so bad? Geez that was a fun game to watch. Except for Tyrone Protho's ankle dangling in the wrong direction after breaking it. What a shame. That kid is phenomenal. His catch a couple of weeks back was as good as any as I've ever seen. And I'm not a Tide fan at all, but I can appreciate the kid's talent. But up 30 points late in the 4th quarter, why the heck was Prothro or Brodie Croyle in the game anyway? They were arguably the 2 most important players on the team (depth wise).

And poor Vandy got beat by Middle Tenn. State. I was actually enjoying Vandy's joy ride. Too bad.

USC squeaks out another win for the 2nd week in a row. That's ok, they have Notre Dame, CAL, and UCLA left. Hopefully there's a big loss in there somewhere. Now if Texas would just lose.

Even with the miracle in Baton Rouge, I think my Vols are avg. at best. We still have to play GA, Bama, Notre Dame, and everyone else in the SEC East (SC, KY, Vandy).

Good to be talking football though.

JDaniel
    Tu le ton son temp..... That's what we'd say ... (Lucinda Williams)

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDaniel
    Hey Kam!

I've been missing out on these college football posts. I'll have to stop in more often.

Can you believe the Tide shellacked Florida so bad? Geez that was a fun game to watch. Except for Tyrone Protho's ankle dangling in the wrong direction after breaking it. What a shame. That kid is phenomenal. His catch a couple of weeks back was as good as any as I've ever seen. And I'm not a Tide fan at all, but I can appreciate the kid's talent. But up 30 points late in the 4th quarter, why the heck was Prothro or Brodie Croyle in the game anyway? They were arguably the 2 most important players on the team (depth wise).

And poor Vandy got beat by Middle Tenn. State. I was actually enjoying Vandy's joy ride. Too bad.

USC squeaks out another win for the 2nd week in a row. That's ok, they have Notre Dame, CAL, and UCLA left. Hopefully there's a big loss in there somewhere. Now if Texas would just lose.

Even with the miracle in Baton Rouge, I think my Vols are avg. at best. We still have to play GA, Bama, Notre Dame, and everyone else in the SEC East (SC, KY, Vandy).

Good to be talking football though.

JDaniel
    Hey, JD - I've been giving the Vols a hard time for the last few weeks. As much as I hate to admit it, I have to give'em their props for the 2nd half comeback in Baton Rouge.

Yep, Bama was impressive. I can't blame the coaches for not taking Prothro or Croyle out for that particular drive. I think the drive started several minutes earlier in the 4th quarter compared to when the injury occurred. There was still over 6 min. left in the 4th and they had driven down to the Gator's 32. I'm not exactly sure when that drive started, but there was probably more than 10 mins left. A turnover by your backups or a blocked punt after a 3 and out with that much time could cause problems. Heck, look what the Vols did Mon. night. I don't think the coaches should pull the starters in midseries. But, as that drive wore on I was starting to worry about Croyle before Prothro's injury. Prothro's injury was a big downer though and watching it in slow motion during the first replay made me nauseous. Bama has a bye this week so there is time for someone to step up. They have a nice quartet of sophomore receivers and # 5 Brandon Brooks can return kicks. Plus, they can afford to rely more on their running game which ain't too shabby and defense wins championships.

It looks like USC is playing with the "we can turn it on anytime we want" mentality and they're probably right. There's really no reason to issue any warnings. I don't see them spotting ND anything, but they might toy with Cal and UCLA - give'em a glimmer of hope and then snatch it away.

Vandy's shot at 5-0 and needing only one more win in their remaining 6 games to be bowl elegible was just ... well, maybe those braniacs at the Stanford of the South thought about it too much. Now, they have the toughest part of their schedule coming up.

My thought for the weekend given Urban Myer and Steve Spurrier's offensive troubles is that players and not schemes win games. Just turn around and hand the ball to Reggie Bush or Lendell White. There's nothing fancy about that.

Kam
    JD!
    glad to see ya back! its been a good season so far. and even more controversy with this crappy Harris poll thing to help decide the bcs. that makes sense, when its voters are giving points to 0-4 teams. ah.. .when will they learn. (never!)

that was a gritty fight by the vols at the end there, good win. showdown with georgia next before the next big trip to tuscaloosa. that's gonna be a good one.
    /create

Thread Information