Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    I knew it!!!! Yes!!!!! GM, pay up!
    Double or nothing?

Bet he's not the only one. Put me down for Sir TT.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Double or nothing?

Bet he's not the only one. Put me down for Sir TT.

I'm puttin' my money on Smokey

I'd love to have a dedicated room one day. How's your kid loving those Energy's?
    He's all proud and tells his friends .The room is a spare bedroom around 10x12 .There a couch bed ,little coffee table .My clothes are in 2 dresser because in the master bedroom the wife took all the space for her clothing.The spouse does are ironing here also and blast her tunes at same time.I bought the downfiring sub because the closet as 4 large glass mirrors.Now if he does'nt want to watch what were watching he goes to the spare room.

Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    He's all proud and tells his friends .The room is a spare bedroom around 10x12 .There a couch bed ,little coffee table .My clothes are in 2 dresser because in the master bedroom the wife took all the space for her clothing.The spouse does are ironing here also and blast her tunes at same time.I bought the downfiring sub because the closet as 4 large glass mirrors.Now if he does'nt want to watch what were watching he goes to the spare room.
    Nice! I'd like a little system for my bedroom, but later. Just a 2.1. Can't put all my cash into sounds right now, as I've been doing a little bit of this and that to our house.

Nice! I'd like a little system for my bedroom, but later. Just a 2.1. Can't put all my cash into sounds right now, as I've been doing a little bit of this and that to our house.
    The joy of owning a house,there always something to do .After you get old ,they put you in a old age home and you cant even change your diaper,

The joy of owning a house,there always something to do .After you get old ,they put you in a old age home and you cant even change your diaper,
    Now that's funny. Hopefully my kids, however many I end up with(currently on 2), will take good care of daddy.

It's not a moniker, it's a lifestyle...

I'm a confirmed gearhead: sports cars, mods for sports cars, racing, crotch rockets, skiing, and flying. I love studying automotive design and to a lesser degree, architecture. Flyfishing is a work-in-progress (it's a lot harder than it looks), I remember my tennis game being better than it actually is, and both my wife and I are wine affecianado's and enjoy tastings and touring vinyards. Finally, I'm a huge USC supporter, to the point that I should really start seeking help. Both of my kids could sing the fight song at 2 yrs. old. Brainwashing starts early in our household .

Now that's funny. Hopefully my kids, however many I end up with(currently on 2), will take good care of daddy.
    Rather have a good looking blonde female nurse changing ,washing me when Im at that stage in life

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    I'm a confirmed gearhead: sports cars, mods for sports cars, racing, crotch rockets, skiing, and flying. I love studying automotive design and to a lesser degree, architecture. Flyfishing is a work-in-progress (it's a lot harder than it looks), I remember my tennis game being better than it actually is, and both my wife and I are wine affecianado's and enjoy tastings and touring vinyards. Finally, I'm a huge USC supporter, to the point that I should really start seeking help. Both of my kids could sing the fight song at 2 yrs. old. Brainwashing starts early in our household .
    More of a wine drinker myself. Wine tasting seems like fun though. Do you ever do any tasting in Napa?

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    More of a wine drinker myself. Wine tasting seems like fun though. Do you ever do any tasting in Napa?
    Here's to wine. I drink more than I taste it seems. Strangest wine tasting was at a honey producer. They made wines from all the different types of honey. Some good desert wines but most too sweet for me.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    Here's to wine. I drink more than I taste it seems. Strangest wine tasting was at a honey producer. They made wines from all the different types of honey. Some good desert wines but most too sweet for me.
    Uh... um... I...
    nevermind
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Rather have a good looking blonde female nurse changing ,washing me when Im at that stage in life
    Hmm.......maybe you should start saving for that now. I don't think that kinda extra care is gonna come cheap

Ha! It's more like "how many times?" One of my best vacations was when my girlfriend (now wife) and I took two weeks off to go wine and beer tasting following the Russian River through Napa and ending up in Mendocino. It was fall, I had a Saab convertible, and we had the top down the entire way. The highlight was when, quite incredibly, we ran into an old friend in Calistoga. He had moved from our town over a year before and was now a marketing manager for Franciscan vinyards. Talk about dumb luck! He invited over to the winery and we spent the next few hours at a private tasting as he pulled out all the reserve bottles. The capper was when, unbeknownst to us, he sold us our cases of wine at cost and shipped them for free! THAT was a damn fine day !

If you like wine, you should take a trip to Cali's Central Coast (i.e. Paso Robles, San Luis Obisbo). There a quite a few world class wineries over there and they are still old school in that they don't charge you an arm and a leg for a tasting, unlike Napa. Notables include JanKris, Cakebread, Tobin James, and Martin & Wyerich. Drink some wine, eat some food, and then go sleep it off on the beach. Could be worse...

Ha! It's more like "how many times?" One of my best vacations was when my girlfriend (now wife) and I took two weeks off to go wine and beer tasting following the Russian River through Napa and ending up in Mendocino. It was fall, I had a Saab convertible, and we had the top down the entire way. The highlight was when, quite incredibly, we ran into an old friend in Calistoga. He had moved from our town over a year before and was now a marketing manager for Franciscan vinyards. Talk about dumb luck! He invited over to the winery and we spent the next few hours at a private tasting as he pulled out all the reserve bottles. The capper was when, unbeknownst to us, he sold us our cases of wine at cost and shipped them for free! THAT was a damn fine day !

If you like wine, you should take a trip to Cali's Central Coast (i.e. Paso Robles, San Luis Obisbo). There a quite a few world class wineries over there and they are still old school in that they don't charge you an arm and a leg for a tasting, unlike Napa. Notables include JanKris, Cakebread, Tobin James, and Martin & Wyerich. Drink some wine, eat some food, and then go sleep it off on the beach. Could be worse...
    Thanks for the recommendations. Don't know when the wife and I will be able to take a well deserved vacation, but I'll try to look into that. We love to go to new cities and explore.

My wife and I are very fond of Zinfandel, any recommendations there?

Also have you ever been to Copia in Napa? If so I'm just curious what you think of it. The wife and I were supposed go last year, but never made it.

Ooh, nice choice! First and foremost, a '93 Turley is a treasure and was the one that got me hooked on Zins. If you can't find that, the '02 is very good as well, with a bit more rasberry flavor to it. The '02 Grgich Hills and '02 Ravenswood are very tasty as well, albeit not quite to the standard of Turley.

I've never heard of Copia. Is it a wine fest? Napa is a good 4-5 hour drive for me, so I usually only attend the Central Coast Wine Fest which is only 1.5 hours away.

Ooh, nice choice! First and foremost, a '93 Turley is a treasure and was the one that got me hooked on Zins. If you can't find that, the '02 is very good as well, with a bit more rasberry flavor to it. The '02 Grgich Hills and '02 Ravenswood are very tasty as well, albeit not quite to the standard of Turley.
    Cool, I'll see if I can find those and give em a try. Thanks for the tips

I've never heard of Copia. Is it a wine fest? Napa is a good 4-5 hour drive for me, so I usually only attend the Central Coast Wine Fest which is only 1.5 hours away.
    It seems to be a museum with a little bit of everything. Looks like a great place to take the little lady. If I ever make it there, I'll let you know what wines I tasted. This is from their website:

"Located in California's Wine Country on the banks of the Napa River, Napa's newest downtown attraction extends the definition of museum to new dimensions. COPIA is a fun, interactive center where you can investigate the fascinating cultural intersections of wine, food and the arts. Enjoy tastings, classes, festivals, exhibitions and performances that will engage your senses and enrich your life. Whether you're a microwaver or gourmet chef, a wine novice or connoisseur, a windowsill gardener or a proven green thumb, COPIA offers something for you. Plan to spend a day at COPIA to stroll through the gardens, examine the exhibitions, enjoy the wine and food tastings, eat at the restaurant or the café, shop in Cornucopia and more!"

So what else are you guys into besides speakers and amps?
    I'm into motorcycle riding (have a modified '94 Magna), reloading and target shooting, ice skating, and running.

rw

Sometimes I think I am into too much stuff, but then I figure that's what life is all about:

-playing with my 8 month old nephew. He's seriously the greatest thing in my life right now.
    -playing/learning/jamming/recording guitar
    -reading
    -xbox
    -computers (web design, cd layout and print design, audio file editing, general tweaking, etc)
    -wine
    -beer
    -spicy food
    -concerts & road trips
    -bootleg trading/downloading
    -skiing
    -golf
    -frisbee
    -jogging
    -keeping our condo looking nice
    -exercising
    -tennis
    -getting drunk and rambling on for hours with friends
    -Making mixes for friends
    -Anything else that comes my way

Well i build and administrate computer networks In my spare time i build crazy PC's like the one below. Its a phase change cooled P4 incl. watercooling and raid systems and overclock the **** out of them.

Cheers

Flo

Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Florian]Well i build and administrate computer networks In my spare time i build crazy PC's like the one below. Its a phase change cooled P4 incl. watercooling and raid systems and overclock the **** out of them.

Cheers

Flo

I am happy learning how to turn my computer on and finding AR. Looks interesting and I am a little worried what all you could do with it. LOL
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Well my work and hobby is a bit more complex then turning it on ;-) But we all start somewhere.

Forum Regular
    I find my happy place fishing steel head, brook, and brown trout (spin casting). Computers are of interest to me as well.

Florian, ever run into stability issues when over clocking?

ps. a firewall is a must when using a broadband internet connection. Zone alarm is a good freeware firewall. Firewalls "hide" people from internet worms and basic hacker attacks/port scans.

Zonealarm free firewall link.

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...=en&lid=nav_za

Oh sure there are some issues but this was a phase changed cooled P4. The compressor cools the CPU down to -30C and made this little P4 2.6C run at 3.9GHz all day long. I was in the paper with that design actually, this was before my watercooled dual XEON

Forum Regular
    -30 thats incredible, you have some pretty nice hardware there i must say. now all you need to do is install linux and that thing could run crash-free indefinitely

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information