Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar

EOTW May 21, 2011

According to Mr. Camping the world will end this May 21st. Beginning at 6pm the second coming along with an earthquake. Only 2% of the population will rapture to heaven. So how do I pass my audio equipment on to you heathens after I am raptured?

Camping has presented several arguments, or biblical "proofs", in favor of the May 21st end time. A civil engineer by training, Camping states he has attempted to work out mathematically-based prophecies in the Bible for decades. In an interview with SFGate he explained "...I was an engineer, I was very interested in the numbers. I'd wonder, 'Why did God put this number in, or that number in?' It was not a question of unbelief, it was a question of, 'There must be a reason for it.' " [13]

Harold Camping being interviewed about his prediction in early 2011.As early as 1970, Camping dated the Great Flood to 4990 BC.[14] Taking the prediction in Genesis 7:4 ("Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth") to be a prediction of the end of the world, and combining it with 2 Peter 3:8 ("With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day"), Camping concludes that the end of the world will occur in 2011, 7000 years from 4990 BC.[5] Camping takes the 17th day of the second month mentioned in Genesis 7:11 to be the 21st May, and hence predicts the rapture to occur on this date.[5]

Another argument[15] that Camping uses in favor of the May 21st date is as follows:

1.According to Camping, the number five equals "atonement", the number ten equals "completeness", and the number seventeen equals "heaven".
    2.Christ is said to have hung on the cross on April 1, 33 AD. The time between April 1, 33 AD and April 1, 2011 is 1,978 years.
    3.If 1,978 is multiplied by 365.2422 days (the number of days in a solar year, not to be confused with the lunar year), the result is 722,449.
    4.The time between April 1 and May 21 is 51 days.
    5.51 added to 722,449 is 722,500.
    6.(5 × 10 × 17)2 or (atonement × completeness × heaven)2 also equals 722,500.
    Thus, Camping concludes that 5 × 10 × 17 is telling us a "story from the time Christ made payment for our sins until we're completely saved."[13]

Camping has not been precise about the exact timing of the event, saying that "maybe" we can know the hour.[16] He has suggested that "days" in the Bible refer to daylight hours particularly.[16] Another account says the "great earthquake" which signals the start of the Rapture will "start in the Pacific Rim at around the 6 p.m. local time hour, in each time zone."[17]

In Camping's 1992 self-published book 1994? he predicted that the End Times would come in September 1994 (variously reported as September 4[12] or September 6[18]). When the Rapture failed to occur on the appointed day, Camping said he had made a mathematical error.[19]
    Last edited by JohnMichael; 05-18-2011 at 03:38 PM.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Oh... I though EOTW was going to be something like EOBF.

more Left Behind kookery. How many times has this been predicted? I guess they're bound to be right one of these days.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

If you're NOT raptured ...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    According to Mr. Camping the world will end this May 21st. Beginning at 6pm the second coming along with an earthquake. Only 2% of the population will rapture to heaven. So how do I pass my audio equipment on to you heathens after I am raptured?
    If you're NOT raptured but I AM, you can have my stuff.

Suspended
    Just as a reference, from Matthew 24, speaking of Christ's return and EOTW;
    36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    Just as a reference, from Matthew 24, speaking of Christ's return and EOTW;
    36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
    This is a famous quote and tends to put the kibosh to those who predict a given day and time. Still, people have been doing for hundreds of years -- all wrong so far, for better or worse.

It's one thing to believe that the Bible is literally true, word-for-word, and another that the Bible contains hidden numeric codes predicting the 2nd coming, etc.. I don't believe either but the latter is sheer nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    It's one thing to believe that the Bible is literally true, word-for-word, and another that the Bible contains hidden numeric codes predicting the 2nd coming, etc.. I don't believe either but the latter is sheer nonsense.

Maybe it will be one of Jesus' bloodline that will rekindle the faith. Can you imagine working on Ancestry.com and finding out that you are a descendant.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    So how do I pass my audio equipment on to you heathens after I am raptured?
    Why don't you just pack it up and ship it to me today, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Why don't you just pack it up and ship it to me today, just in case.

Gee and I thought you would want me to deliver it. That way you could see me one last time. Then I would have a witness to my rapture. If I remain on earth you could help me reload the equipment into the car.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    If it is as it was in the days of Noah, then someone knows.

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin View Post
    If it is as it was in the days of Noah, then someone knows.

I just hope it is not Mr. Camping who knows.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Gee and I thought you would want me to deliver it. That way you could see me one last time. Then I would have a witness to my rapture. If I remain on earth you could help me reload the equipment into the car.
    Of course you can deliver it yourself. I would love to see you again! I just wasn't sure that you'd be able to make it here by the 21st. Plus, that 'reload' thing doesn't work for me.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Thanks Sticks. I know the world is coming to an end but I do not think I want to spend my final hours with a woman. Of course that may make the end seem longer for me.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    The Bible states very clearly, that "he is coming like a thief in the night" What kind of thief would tell somebody when they are coming?
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Romanticist Philosopher

Talking Well....

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post
    The Bible states very clearly, that "he is coming like a thief in the night" What kind of thief would tell somebody when they are coming?
    The people you see on Worlds Dumbest Criminals.

BTW, I already know I'm going to hell anyway so nothing new here. I say bring it on.

"Hell aint a bad place. Hell is from here to eternity." Iron Maiden
    I prefer my sex like my basketball, one on one, and with as little dribbling as possible.

Welp...

Rapture or no rapture, I knew I wasn't goin' nowhere, at least not "up there". LOL. I enjoy my sinnin' too much to spend an eternity with the Saints.

Worf

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post
    The real question is what kind of people actually believe all this?

And where are all these whackos now that they were all left behind with the rest of us?

I guess I am not the only heathen to not make the cut.

Jim
    Fairchild 412-1B SME arm Pickering XSV-3000
    Thorens Weight
    GAS Thoebe
    Grant Fidelity B-283
    California Audio Labs Delta Transport
    Paradesea DAC
    DBX-3BX-DS
    Sansui TU-7700
    Adcom 585
    Hafler Pro 500
    Tara Labs Cable
    Legacy Classic's

Tube system Scott 299B, Thorens TD-160, Klipsch Heresy's

Suspended
    This is great. Clipped from a news article off Huffpost

<
    The globe will be completely destroyed in five months, he said, when the apocalypse comes. But because God's judgment and salvation were completed on Saturday, there's no point in continuing to warn people about it, so his network will now just play Christian music and programs until the final end on Oct. 21.>>

So all those who were Judged and selected to go, can now act like idiots for several months because they were Pre-Approved and nothing they do between now and October will count against them.

Kind of reminds me of when I need to pass by our local church on Sunday mornings. Inside they all shake hands and say "Peace be with you" but once they get to the parking lot it's more like "Now get the F out of my way" as they all cut off traffic with no regard for the flow of traffic or anyone but themselves.

When does Santa Clause check his list? On Dec 23 or sometime in August?

Did I hear one of you heathens say beer bongs?

Jim
    Fairchild 412-1B SME arm Pickering XSV-3000
    Thorens Weight
    GAS Thoebe
    Grant Fidelity B-283
    California Audio Labs Delta Transport
    Paradesea DAC
    DBX-3BX-DS
    Sansui TU-7700
    Adcom 585
    Hafler Pro 500
    Tara Labs Cable
    Legacy Classic's

Tube system Scott 299B, Thorens TD-160, Klipsch Heresy's

Oh yeah if only 2% of the earths population will be raptured let the sinning begin. My odds of going to heaven with that percentage is much like my chances of winning the lottery.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Suspended
    JM, those spammers have sure been keeping you busy lately.

Suspended
    This seems to be one of the most frequently spammed thread, I wonder why that is.

Suspended
    Because the whole idea of Camping and lots of others who actually think this is predicted with accuracy is spam. Funny stuff though for sure.

Thread Information