Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I'm totally done!!!!

I'm totally done!!!!

I'm sorry BUT, if I see one more snowflake... JUST ONE! I'm gonna stick my head in an oven and punch the gas!!!!!

Da "too sick of shovelin' for words" Worfster

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I totally hear you Worfster. I've had it with the White Devil Dust myself. But there is Hope my friend. Beautiful, delicious, Hope. Today the temperature reached 5C here. That's warm enough to watch some snow start to melt. Yes, melt. I can actually see parts of my driveway again.

Spring is coming. Not fast enough. But it's coming.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    My dog and I struggle every walk. Between the low temps and the snow piled high we can barely get around. Regardless of the difficulties he still wants to walk 1 1/2 hours at a time. He misses visiting with other dogs and humans. It seems he and I are the only ones walking.

Sunday morning we were out walking when fresh snow was falling. We walked in front of the rental office on the semi circular sidewalk. Most of the sidewalk was covered in fresh snow. One piece of sidewalk was lower and water pooled and refroze. When I stepped forward my feet flew out and I slammed onto the icy concrete so fast I did not know I was falling. My back took most of the impact along with a snap to the neck and some pain to the head. My dog ran over to check me out and give me kisses. I could not get up from the ice so I scooted over to some snow and got up. The fall also knocked the wind out of me and my vision was blurry and my thinking was fuzzy. A lady gave Corky and I a ride home.

So yes I am sick to death of snow and cold. OH well I am listening to a lot of music and drinking a lot of wine.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Springtime in Paris!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I'm totally done!!!!-072-medium.jpg  
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Oh no, John! I hope that you're okay. Google "ice cleats". You can get them to strap onto shoes and boots, or you can buy boots with the cleats built into the soles. They help you keep your traction when walking on icy surfaces. It might be something to consider to help keep you safe during your walks.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Oh no, John! I hope that you're okay. Google "ice cleats". You can get them to strap onto shoes and boots, or you can buy boots with the cleats built into the soles. They help you keep your traction when walking on icy surfaces. It might be something to consider to help keep you safe during your walks.

The one morning I did not wear my Yaktrax. We had so much melting on Saturday that there was very little ice. Oh but that one piece of sidewalk that was lower than the others held the runoff and refroze over night and I found it.

Today much had refrozen and we are having rain which is not helping. I did wear my Yaktrax so I stayed upright. The Yaktrax are nice because they use coils instead of spikes and they do not damage carpet.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    Sunday morning we were out walking when fresh snow was falling. We walked in front of the rental office on the semi circular sidewalk. Most of the sidewalk was covered in fresh snow. One piece of sidewalk was lower and water pooled and refroze. When I stepped forward my feet flew out and I slammed onto the icy concrete so fast I did not know I was falling. My back took most of the impact along with a snap to the neck and some pain to the head. My dog ran over to check me out and give me kisses. I could not get up from the ice so I scooted over to some snow and got up. The fall also knocked the wind out of me and my vision was blurry and my thinking was fuzzy. A lady gave Corky and I a ride home.
    JM, I hope you're OK; do you need to be checked for concussion? Maybe you should.

We're supposed to hit 1-2C today, but the real issue is rain -- 30-40mm, (1.2-1.6 inches). This could make for soggy mess. People around here are very concerned about flooding which will inevitably happen if all this snow melts too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    JM, I hope you're OK; do you need to be checked for concussion? Maybe you should.

I have not been checked this time around but I have had multiple concussions. Luckily I had no nausea or vomiting and my pupils remained equal and reactive to light. After my last backwards fall down a flight of steps I had really been protective of my head. I really did not need this fall.

We have some areas that are at risk for flooding. Where I am the risk is minimal. Keep safe and dry. Corky and I were caught in three showers on our walk and this evening it will be more rain.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

We are supposed to get between 7-12" of wet heavy snow tonight. I'll have the snow blower out 2-3 times tonight. I love the Twin Cities but I loath the winters. In a few years I hope to move to Albuquerque New Mexico, dry air, some seasonal weather with over 300 days of sunshine per year.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Quote Originally Posted by blackraven View Post
    with over 300 days of sunshine per year.
    Mmmmmmmmm. Sunshine.

John.... glad to hear you survived your "sudden trip". I've gone ass over tea kettle myself some over the years it ain't exactly what I calls fun. FA!!!! "white devil dust"? That madam is "priceless"!!!! Yeah it almost hit 50 here today.... manna from heaven!!!! I just wish our Canadian brethren would keep this stuff to themselves....

Worf

We are supposed to get between 7-12" of wet heavy snow tonight. I'll have the snow blower out 2-3 times tonight. I love the Twin Cities but I loath the winters. In a few years I hope to move to Albuquerque New Mexico, dry air, some seasonal weather with over 300 days of sunshine per year.
    What???? Sir that's desertion!!!! Cowardice in the face of the frozen enemy. I demand... DEMAND AH SAY, that you stay here and suffer with the rest of us.

Worf

Charm Thai™
    ... I hope to move to Albuquerque New Mexico, dry air, some seasonal weather with over 300 days of sunshine per year.
    Wow now that's my type of weather. I would be fine if i never witnessed another snowflake in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101 View Post
    FA!!!! "white devil dust"? That madam is "priceless"!!!!
    Worf
    I have to give credit where credit is due. Another AR member, Swish, posted it on my Facebook page one day and I stole it. Been using it ever since. I give you permission to use it also.

I'm done too!!!!!! My son and i just cleared the driveway. I had to pull my AWD SUV out of the garage to get the snow blower out and the SUV go stuck in the snow on the driveway. After 30 min we were finally able to get it out. It's Margarita time!
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Parasound A21 amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Stolen from Facebook. Hehehe!

Name:  Die winter.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  22.3 KB
    blackraven likes this.

I can't F#*king believe it. The weather report this morning says blizzard warning this evening! Winds will be 40mph! The roads are still covered with thick patchy sheets of ice from the last storm where we had freezing rain and then about 7-10" of snow last week. The snow in my yard is 4-5 feet tall in some places. To top it off, we are getting arctic air with below zero temps and it is almost March!
    Last edited by blackraven; 02-26-2014 at 09:59 AM.
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Parasound A21 amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

I hear ya man! It was -30C here this morning with the wind chill. -21 right now, at noon. And we're supposed to get about 10cm of snow this weekend...although that forecast could change.

I logged onto the Weather Network website for Toronto and it says "No sign of spring until at least mid-March".

I wish I could just hibernate until April. I am so tired of being cold.

Teeth chattering...
    Bones clacking....
    Body aching....

Arrrrgh how much more of this "arctic abuse" are we expected to take????!!!!!! Hmmm??? Henh?????? I like a joke as well as the next guy but C'mon!!!!!

Worf

Quote Originally Posted by Worf101 View Post
    Teeth chattering...
    Bones clacking....
    Body aching....

Arrrrgh how much more of this "arctic abuse" are we expected to take????!!!!!! Hmmm??? Henh?????? I like a joke as well as the next guy but C'mon!!!!!

Worf
    We've had falling temperatures (-15C = 5 F), high wind chill, and snow squalls off Lake Huron today here in London ON. Terrific ... and no end in sight.

We've got those same falling temps in Toronto today. Thankfully no snow here though. I just read that there was a 96 car pile-up about 45 minutes north of here this morning caused by a snow squall and white-out conditions. Here's a cool shot of that weather from a local news helicopter.

I'm totally done!!!!-barrie-snow-squall.jpg

To fully enjoy this winter you all need a beagle to walk. I will admit we are only walking twice a day for a total of 3-4 hours. He loves the snow and rolling around in it. People see us walking in extreme temps and one woman called the rental office on the coldest mornings concerned I might have Alzheimer's and wandered off. They asked if the man was walking a beagle and when she said yes they told her not to worry it's just John.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

I've gotta tell ya John, I admire you for continuing to walk Corky every day. If I had a beagle to walk...he wouldn't get walked.

Last night, on my way home from work, I stopped for gas. I always fill the tank, especially in winter. It was so cold and windy that I put in $20 and quit. I don't think I've ever done that before.

This morning it was -19C (-3F) before the wind chill.

Tomorrow is supposed to warm up to -1C, but with the warmer temperature, it's expected to snow.

I'm thinking about changing my name to ForeverWinter.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Last night, on my way home from work, I stopped for gas. I always fill the tank, especially in winter. It was so cold and windy that I put in $20 and quit. I don't think I've ever done that before.

This morning it was -19C (-3F) before the wind chill.

Tomorrow is supposed to warm up to -1C, but with the warmer temperature, it's expected to snow.

I'm thinking about changing my name to ForeverWinter.

No if you are going to change your name it should be ForeverSummer since you are neither in the Autumn nor Winter of your life. We should just change Winter's name to Suck.
    ForeverAutumn likes this.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information