Thread: Snowmageddon

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Snowmageddon

We’re at the beginning of a big storm coming through. I’ve watched a couple of inches of snow fall since I left home about 1.5 hours ago. We’re supposed to get about 30 cm before the storm ends late tonight (that’s 12 inches for my non-metric friends to the south).

Then we’re supposed to be hit with a second storm beginning Saturday night with another 20cm predicted to fall. Along with some thunder and lightning…something not often seen in the winter…that’ll be cool!

And because Mother Nature must be trying to disprove all this global warming stuff, a third storm front is predicted for Tuesday, carrying another 15 – 20 cm.

The house is stocked with food and beverage. We have candles. We have lots of movies to watch (assuming we don’t need the candles) and books to read. And I stocked up on flour and sugar so that I can get some Christmas baking done this weekend. I even bought a bigger snow shovel! (Hubby vetoed my idea of buying a snow-blower this year ).

I’m ready to barricade myself at home as soon as the boss tells me that we’re closing early (fingers are crossed!).

I think that a white Christmas is a safe bet this year.

Who else is in the path of this storm? Do you have any plans to make the best of it?

Suspended
    Today: Sunshine, 70 degrees (could go higher)
    Tomorrow: Sun then clouds, about 70 degrees
    Christmas Day: Sunshine, 60's probable

I love it here.

But hey, you have a good weekend FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Today: Sunshine, 70 degrees (could go higher)
    Tomorrow: Sun then clouds, about 70 degrees
    Christmas Day: Sunshine, 60's probable

I love it here.

But hey, you have a good weekend FA.
    Hmmmm. Sounds kinda boring.

There's nothing like putting on some Christmas music and wrapping gifts while it's snowing outside. And then cuddling up with your Honey and a nice glass of Bailey's to watch the snow fall.

Ah, who am I kidding. I'd trade the snow for 70 and sunny in a heartbeat.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    (Hubby vetoed my idea of buying a snow-blower this year ).
    FA, you need to take charge, lay the law down, and TELL your man you're getting a snoblower. No self respecting human being should do without. We just bought ours a few months ago after I tore my rotator cuff with the record snowfall last year...no way I'm losing snowmobile time on the IR this winter.

Toilet paper...make sure ya gots lots.

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    FA, you need to take charge, lay the law down, and TELL your man you're getting a snoblower. No self respecting human being should do without. We just bought ours a few months ago after I tore my rotator cuff with the record snowfall last year...no way I'm losing snowmobile time on the IR this winter.

Toilet paper...make sure ya gots lots.
    No kidding. We went from a one car driveway to a four car driveway and a big walkway. I've always enjoyed shovelling the drive, but I got halfway through ours a couple of days ago and had an asthma attack (breathing in cold air is not good for asthma). That's when I suggested the snoblower. Hubby promised to do the drive this year and then look for a snoblower on sale at the end of the season.

We'll see if he lasts that long.

As for the toilet paper. We've got lots of that and kleenex. Lots of wine and beer and a back-up corkscrew. So we're good.

Suspended
    "Me last long time!"

I'm about to go brave the storm (out here it's just starting to hit) and pick up the kids from school. They'd be pretty upset with me if I let them walk home in this! I hate driving in this stuff! We are supposed to get heavy snow, wind, & precipitation of all kinds! FA, I'm w/ ya on the baking, I'm all stocked up. Now I just have to prepare for the kids to "help" with some of it! It'll be a huge mess, but they love to help. I've decided to try a few new cookie recipes this year mixed in w/ the old stand-bys. So I've decided to let them help on the recipes that seem pretty full proof and I'll give the new ones a whirl.

What's everybody cookin' for Christmas Dinner? I bought a really great
    Prime Rib Roast and I'm going to try a Spicy Horseradish Sauce, on the side, since I'm sure the kids won't like it. What about y'all?

Thread Information