IE9 to arrive on monday.

Microsoft is to release its forthcoming browser Internet Explorer 9 on 14 March.

The company said in a blog post that the final IE 9 software code – which comes loaded with hardware-accelerated graphics as well as a new fast JavaScript engine, codenamed Chakra – will be pushed out to all comers next Monday.

With the new browser, Microsoft is embracing HTML5, a Web standard aimed at unleashing a new generation of richer, more animated websites.

Many Web developers have been reluctant to build sites that use HTML5 standards because they would work in some browsers but not in Internet Explorer. Adoption of Internet Explorer 9 will remain somewhat limited because it works only on Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems. It does not work on Windows XP.

According to research firm Net Market Share, Internet Explorer makes up 57 percent of the market. Mozilla's Firefox has 22 percent, Google Chrome has 11 percent and Apple Safari has 6 percent.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I tested a beta version of IE9 the for a few days this week and had glitches with Flash Players.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    I tested a beta version of IE9 the for a few days this week and had glitches with Flash Players.
    Same here. Not impressed overall. Not a rip on MS in particular but it seems new browser releases aren't making big strides you used to see years ago.

Have you guys updated your Flash Player as couple of day ago, recieved a notice for updating which I installed. Probably wait downloading new IE version untill some reviews come in.

Thread Information