• 12-23-2010, 01:13 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    I would like to thank the men of Audio Review.
    In another forum, on another site, one of the male members made a comment that I found offensive to women and I told him so. I was met with complete disregard and insensitivity. I was told that unless the comment was directed to me specifically, I should take no offense and some women enjoy being treated as sex objects (one of the women in question was Kim Kardashian, and there were a few others who use their looks to make a living). His message was basically that those women deserved to be disrespected...that they ask for it.

I was also met with a post by another member containing several sexy picture of these women. Again with complete disregard for my comment about how the female members of the site may not appreciate the suggestive comments made on a music site.

Those men are insensitive boors and I'm willing to bet, single. I dropped out of the thread...which originated as a discussion about drummers!

As the only regularly contributing female on AR, I would like to thank you all for never making me feel as insignificant and disrespected as these people (I hesitate to call them men) made me feel. Even though some of you like to have your fun and post a few "girlie" pics here and there. You have never used improper language or been as rude as these guys. I have never been made to feel uncomfortable here.

It has made me appreciate the collection of people here even more. :thumbsup:

Thanks. Love to you all! :D
  • 12-23-2010, 01:23 PM
    Robert-The-Rambler
    Behind Every Good Man
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    In another forum, on another site, one of the male members made a comment that I found offensive to women and I told him so. I was met with complete disregard and insensitivity. I was told that unless the comment was directed to me specifically, I should take no offense and some women enjoy being treated as sex objects (one of the women in question was Kim Kardashian, and there were a few others who use their looks to make a living). His message was basically that those women deserved to be disrespected...that they ask for it.

I was also met with a post by another member containing several sexy picture of these women. Again with complete disregard for my comment about how the female members of the site may not appreciate the suggestive comments made on a music site.

Those men are insensitive boors and I'm willing to bet, single. I dropped out of the thread...which originated as a discussion about drummers!

As the only regularly contributing female on AR, I would like to thank you all for never making me feel as insignificant and disrespected as these people (I hesitate to call them men) made me feel. Even though some of you like to have your fun and post a few "girlie" pics here and there. You have never used improper language or been as rude as these guys. I have never been made to feel uncomfortable here.

It has made me appreciate the collection of people here even more. :thumbsup:

Thanks. Love to you all! :D

There is a strong woman......

or her shoe.....
  • 12-23-2010, 01:39 PM
    poppachubby
    Hey I am always glad to oblige a broad, ...you know what I'm sayin!!! But not if she's ugly. Oh Eh!!!

http://thefairiesonhi5.com/graphic/i...xy_Woman-6.gif
  • 12-23-2010, 02:51 PM
    JohnMichael
    FA I can relate because I too hate to be objectified by men.
  • 12-23-2010, 03:14 PM
    kexodusc
    On behalf of all the men of AR.com, you're welcome! :lol:

Oh...want us to go beat them up?
  • 12-23-2010, 03:25 PM
    Poultrygeist
    Chivalry still exists but it's below the Mason-Dixson.
  • 12-23-2010, 04:11 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMichael

And I'm sure that you have to fight them off far more often than I do. :)

Oh, what am I thinking...you're probably not fighting very hard. :wink5:
  • 12-23-2010, 04:17 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kexodusc
    On behalf of all the men of AR.com, you're welcome! :lol:

Oh...want us to go beat them up?

Our Director of Sales used a great line today that reminded me of these guys. He was complaining about one of our Customer Service Reps and he said, "Poor Jenny, every morning she wakes up and she's still stupid".

I think that just being themselves is probably punishment enough. But thanks for the offer. :D
  • 12-23-2010, 06:11 PM
    dean_martin
    It's our pleasure and you're quite the lady.
  • 12-24-2010, 05:40 AM
    Worf101
    Sigh....
    You're quite welcome. I'm glad you feel appreciated, respected and loved here. You're a valued asset to our community. That being said, as Cartman would say:

"Good now woman go in there and bake me some pie!!!!"

LOL

Worf
  • 12-24-2010, 06:13 AM
    Luvin Da Blues
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Our Director of Sales used a great line today that reminded me of these guys. He was complaining about one of our Customer Service Reps and he said, "Poor Jenny, every morning she wakes up and she's still stupid".

And every morning he will still be a A-hole.
  • 12-24-2010, 08:15 AM
    GMichael
    You are welcome, although I am probably the worst poster here as far as that goes. It's all just in fun though. Making people laugh makes me happy. Just remind me of where the line is and I'll do my best to tip-toe on the correct side of it. Some guys (way too many of them) are not so nice.
    Hey JM,
    Same goes for you. Hope I haven't come on too strong over the years. It's just that you're so darn cute!
  • 12-24-2010, 10:24 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    FA, as the reigning Queen(notice the capital Q) of AR you will always be respected. Some guys are just uncultured buttwipes when it comes to women, and have the finesse of a rhino playing tennis. Those you just have to ignore, and chalk it up to immaturity.

I have always appreciated your comments and assessments when I have posted issues in my life here. For that alone, you have earned my respect and admiration.
  • 12-24-2010, 10:28 AM
    Quote:

Wow JM, my gay friends loved to be objectified by men. Come to think of it, those crazy dudes think that being man handled is a great date! LOLOLOL..they are funny crazy.
  • 12-24-2010, 11:01 AM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Wow JA, my gay friends loved to be objectified by men. Come to think of it, those crazy dudes think that being man handled is a great date! LOLOLOL..they are funny crazy.

I might like it if it was still happening. :mad:
  • 12-24-2010, 11:06 AM
    basite
    Not that I post here as frequently as I used too, but I respect you as a strong woman, amongst all this men around here :)

So, congrats, and hooray for FA :)

Regards,
    Bert.
  • 12-24-2010, 11:12 AM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by basite
    Not that I post here as frequently as I used too, but I respect you as a strong woman, amongst all this men around here :)

So, congrats, and hooray for FA :)

Regards,
    Bert.

Yes she is awesome.
  • 12-24-2010, 11:15 AM
    Quote:

I might like it if it was still happening. :mad:

Ohhhhhh! I think you need to relocate to the bay area. There is something and somebody for everybody here, and I really mean that! LOLOLOL
  • 12-24-2010, 12:57 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Thank you all. I didn't start this thread looking for compliments. Just the opposite. I was complimenting you for being such gentlemen. I really do love this place and the people here.
  • 12-24-2010, 01:05 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues
    And every morning he will still be a A-hole.

I don't disagree with you there. He can be an insensitive boor himself. But I have to admit that the statement did make me laugh. I think it was because the statement started with "Poor Jenny" and I thought he was going to have a rare moment of sympathy. But then it totally didn't end the way I thought it was going to.
  • 12-24-2010, 01:14 PM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Poultrygeist
    Chivalry still exists but it's below the Mason-Dixson.

Hold on there Colonel Sanders :)...as the resident Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court I must protest. Some of us were raised right...okay maybe all the lessons didn't take...

Autumn, I think we teach people how to treat us and through your strength and poise most of us have gleened a thing or two about reasonable boundaries. Moreover, on this forum most have enough etiquette to not stray too far of the reservation. Our inappropriate posts are all organized for your your convenience ;)
  • 12-24-2010, 02:41 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsticks

Autumn, I think we teach people how to treat us and through your strength and poise most of us have gleened a thing or two about reasonable boundaries. Moreover, on this forum most have enough etiquette to not stray too far of the reservation. Our inappropriate posts are all organized for your your convenience ;)

I think the difference is that you folks are respectful enough care about those boundaries.
  • 12-28-2010, 11:58 PM
    budgetaudio76
    Great Thread FA. I think it unusual that a woman be a continual poster in a audio forum. But ive enjoyed your threads.
    Kinda begs the question.
    What brought you into audio?
  • 12-29-2010, 06:37 AM
    3LB
    I'm actually familiar with the thread over at PE. Funny, one of those mods, (let's call her Amy) will swoop down on a member she doesn't care for, (let's call him Troy) for making a snarky or sarcastic comment, but somehow there are a couple of members that turn threads into a bordello or a religulous flame war and nothing is ever done about it. Oh she might chime in someone complains, but as heavy handed as she is on certain posters, she overlooks a lot. But then again, there are quite a few females who post on that site who never complain and even participate in the lechery, maybe because they're man-hungry spinsters who'll fly 5000 miles to attend a music festival, who knows.
  • 12-29-2010, 04:20 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by budgetaudio76
    Great Thread FA. I think it unusual that a woman be a continual poster in a audio forum. But ive enjoyed your threads.
    Kinda begs the question.
    What brought you into audio?

Thanks BA. Music has always been a huge part of my life. I got into the audio side of things as a result of wanting to hear my music sound the best that it can (based on my budget).