Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    Thanks for some great suggestions. You may be right for this mental health break going home to Quebec City may be the thing.

As I have been looking at Hotels I realized for just me I do not need the Chateau Frontenac or the Manoir Victoria. I spent most of my time taking my mother to Quebec and we stayed at very nice places and ate gourmet foods. I think I just want to stroll the streets and take pictures. Oh and I know where to drink.

I do not know why Quebec feels like home.
    Sounds like you'd really rather go to Paris, and Quebec City (and Montreal) is as close as you can get in North America.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Forum Regular
    you should visit italy

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neel424 View Post
    you should visit italy

I would love to see Venice.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I was visiting my thread while deleting spam. I have to say I have been surprised at the increase in airfares. We used to fly to Quebec City for about $300 and now it would be $650. If I went back to Paris what I paid for flight and hotel is now what I would pay for the flight.

My vacation will be close enough for me to drive my fuel efficient car. Now I need to look for dog friendly hotels.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Stereo value > car value texlle's Avatar
    Memphis and Nashville sound like good suggestions if you're a music fanatic. I've never been but always wanted to go. I've heard they have some of the best BBQ, specifically Memphis. One good suggestion if you really want some scenic views....the Smokey Mountains in NC. Excellent opportunities for some landscape photography. My family and I vacationed in Jonas Ridge which is not far from Grandfather Mtn. and Blowing Rock, and only a few miles from the Blue Ridge Pkwy. We visited last year in the second week of October during the peak of the fall change and it was gorgeous. We used to vacation outside of Boone when I was younger during May and June which was a nice time to go. Minimal rainfall, temperatures in the 70's during the day. Wine and cheese country galore in some of the more upscale areas. In Asheville, you have the famed Biltmore estate known for their gardens and winery. Food, gas, and lodging will not break the bank either. Check it out, unless you're truly dead set on sticking to more heavily populated areas. Asheville is one of the larger cities in western NC. It's just a great area to get away, relax, and clear your mind. I'm not sure where in OH you are exactly, but google estimates travel time at 7 hr 35 mins from Columbus which is roughly how long it took us to get there from Jacksonville, FL.
    Dynaudio Audience 42
    Conrad-Johnson PV14
    Sonographe SA-250
    Music Hall CD 25.2
    Musical Fidelity V3 series- X-LPS phono preamp, X-DAC, X-PSU
    Rega RP1 w/ performance pack
    Pure i-20 iPod dock
    -----------------------------
    B&W DM603s2- B&W LCR60s3- B&W DM302
    Velodyne CT-120 12" sub
    Rotel RSX-1055
    Arcam CD73T
    Samsung LN46C630 46" LCD
    Denon DBP-1611 bluray
    -----------------------------
    KEF K120- Jolida JD202a- Cambridge Audio D300 cdp- T500 tuner

Photo gallery

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    John, if you haven't made any decisions yet and you're looking for another good reason to visit Toronto, I think I've found it...unless, of course, you already saw this exhibit in its Paris home.

Picasso's art collection unveiled in Toronto display - Yahoo! News Canada

..Nearly 150 masterpieces from master modernist Pablo Picasso's personal collection are being prepped for a vast exhibit at the Art Gallery of Ontario in Toronto.

When the Musée National Picasso in Paris — where the collection is usually on display — needed to close temporarily for renovations, it decided to send its treasured artwork on a rare, worldwide road trip.

The result is Picasso: Masterpieces from the Musée National Picasso, Paris.

The extensive show covers nearly every phase of the artist's long, diverse career and features notable pieces he saved for himself and for his family, including his studies for the iconic Les Demoiselles d'Avignon (The Young Ladies of Avignon), his Second World War-era sculptures and his famed self-portrait The Matador, which he painted three years prior to his death in 1973.

"Picasso's artistry was constantly evolving, and this particular collection offers our members and visitors a rare opportunity to experience the entire trajectory of his artistic achievement," AGO director Matthew Teitelbaum said in a statement.

The Toronto venue is the sole Canadian stop for the exhibit.

In conjunction with the Picasso display, AGO staffers have planned a host of related programming, including activities for children and a lecture by art historian and Picasso's granddaughter Diana Widmaier-Picasso.

Picasso: Masterpieces from the Musée National Picasso, Paris opens to the public on May 1 and runs until Aug. 26.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information